Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 230
  1. #211
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    628
    Mave thanks for posting those.

    Good win to start the season.
    Lakers looked a little rusty but showed some great flashes.

    Looking forward to more improvement.

  2. #212
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    13,837
    Quote Originally Posted by LaVar Ball View Post
    Honestly tho ...

    How bad is Danny Green?! What did we sign him for ?!!!

    Canít even hit outside shots consistently and couldnít guard PG nor Kawhi worth a lick.

    Dude is old and useless and washed. Hope we can trade his old arse this offseason for a real shooter like Reddick. Green shouldnít be starting. Period.
    120 days later and another W you're still ranting and raving I see. How many times do I have to explain the role of a player like Deadshot Danny on a team built like the Lakers...

    A typical box score viewer, say that scrimmage game against Orlando would be like "1pt, 0/3 shooting, 2rebs, 3asts?!?!?!?! For the amount that he's getting paid.....guy is trash, he ain't starting material. trade his old ***."

    You're probably the same who expects what, 10-15ppg? knockdown shooting every single night?

    Big part of the value that a guy like DG brings won't always appear on your box score.

    *Smart switching on D
    *Defensive versatility
    *Knowing where to be AT THE RIGHT TIME which forces the opposition to get pulled out of the basket

    Ever wonder how the floor opens up much more for driving lanes for LeBron or open up the paint for Anthony Davis or JaVale McGee to go to work inside? Here's how -- In games that Danny Green has shot 50% or higher from three, the Lakers have won 18 games and lost only 5 and in games that he has shot 6 or more threes the team has a record of 16 wins and 6 losses. These stats prove that when Green is shooting frequently and is shooting accurately the Lakers for the most part do not lose.

    Criticism is cool and all as long as they're based on actual facts and not just what your 20/20 gives you. Besides, shouldn't you be worrying about the Clippers?

  3. #213
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    13,837
    Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    Thanks Mave. Lebron was coasting most of the game or looked rusty but he stepped up big when it mattered.


    That Caruso steal and save was probably the play of the game and yes the reason we absolutely love him
    Quote Originally Posted by LakeShowAZ View Post
    Mave thanks for posting those.

    Good win to start the season.
    Lakers looked a little rusty but showed some great flashes.

    Looking forward to more improvement.
    Missed you fellas. Hope errbodys happy and healthy

  4. #214
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    4,620
    Quote Originally Posted by Mave1002 View Post
    120 days later and another W you're still ranting and raving I see. How many times do I have to explain the role of a player like Deadshot Danny on a team built like the Lakers...

    A typical box score viewer, say that scrimmage game against Orlando would be like "1pt, 0/3 shooting, 2rebs, 3asts?!?!?!?! For the amount that he's getting paid.....guy is trash, he ain't starting material. trade his old ***."

    You're probably the same who expects what, 10-15ppg? knockdown shooting every single night?

    Big part of the value that a guy like DG brings won't always appear on your box score.

    *Smart switching on D
    *Defensive versatility
    *Knowing where to be AT THE RIGHT TIME which forces the opposition to get pulled out of the basket

    Ever wonder how the floor opens up much more for driving lanes for LeBron or open up the paint for Anthony Davis or JaVale McGee to go to work inside? Here's how -- In games that Danny Green has shot 50% or higher from three, the Lakers have won 18 games and lost only 5 and in games that he has shot 6 or more threes the team has a record of 16 wins and 6 losses. These stats prove that when Green is shooting frequently and is shooting accurately the Lakers for the most part do not lose.

    Criticism is cool and all as long as they're based on actual facts and not just what your 20/20 gives you. Besides, shouldn't you be worrying about the Clippers?
    I watched the entire game

    He couldnít play defense without fouling. He gave PG too much air space for that last 3 to tie it at 101.


    He opened the game up with a splash 3 in transition. But he didnít do much from that point on.

    Stop defending Danny. He had a lot of those type of games way too often last year in Toronto. He wasnít even the big shot maker on the raptors last year. It was VanVleet.

    We overpaid for Danny Green. 2 yrs 30 million TFOH!!!!

  5. #215
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    4,620
    My other concern ....

    AD being a no-show in the 4th Q offensively. Too often thatís happened this season.

    He had 2 points in the 4th (after scoring 32 first 3 Qs). And those 2 points were on free throws. No field goals made.


    Have to be better

  6. #216
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    4,620
    If the Lakers-Clippers meet in the 2020 WCF, the Lakers will have Rajon Rondo and the Clippers will have Lou Williams & Montrezl Harrell


    The fact that those guys didnít play last night and we squeaked a 2 point victory is a little concerning.


    My only hope is that the Clippers get knocked off before meeting us. Letís see what happens

  7. #217
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    13,837
    To be fair, I actually like the idea of JJ Redick being on the team. Could use some of that sharpshootin. HOWEVER -- there's always the trade off. If you're saying you don't like how Danny Green gives what? Too much airspace?

    Youre probably watching JJ on the offensive end and on that end only. I'll defend DG whenever I have to. If you just try to understand the facts that I brought up, it's super basic really but hey... you 'watched the entire game' you said. Exactly my fkn point.

    Watching is a whole lot different from watching and actually understanding what's going on. Youre way too focused on the ball and what players do one on one!

  8. #218
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    26,274
    Quote Originally Posted by LaVar Ball View Post
    If the Lakers-Clippers meet in the 2020 WCF, the Lakers will have Rajon Rondo and the Clippers will have Lou Williams & Montrezl Harrell


    The fact that those guys didnít play last night and we squeaked a 2 point victory is a little concerning.


    My only hope is that the Clippers get knocked off before meeting us. Letís see what happens
    Its going to be a hard series no matter what, but to be fair this was the first game for Waiters and Smith (did he even play?).

    Lakers also didnt have Bradley and Rondo.


    The Clippers are a 50 win team that added two of the top 3 MVP candidates without losing any real depth.

    They are deeper, but I think LeBron and AD plus role players doing their jobs will be enough to get past them this year.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  9. #219
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    15,795
    Quote Originally Posted by LaVar Ball View Post
    If the Lakers-Clippers meet in the 2020 WCF, the Lakers will have Rajon Rondo and the Clippers will have Lou Williams & Montrezl Harrell


    The fact that those guys didnít play last night and we squeaked a 2 point victory is a little concerning.


    My only hope is that the Clippers get knocked off before meeting us. Letís see what happens
    The other way to look at it is that both KL and PG balled out and Lebron played like trash pretty much and we still won. If Bron plays an average game they win by 12 pts and Cruze to victory.

  10. #220
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    32,129
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers + Giants View Post
    Disappointed overall that we only won by 2 considering they were missing 2 of their 4 best players in Lou and Harrell, but honestly, it was a trade off. The clippers were lights out from 3 and their defense was much better.

    With Harrell and Lou in there, they'd be targeted as they're both liabilities on defense.


    Overall though, a win is a win. Build from it and get back to how we were playing before the season was paused. Good to have basketball back though, even if it means dealing with you homer *** chumps.
    We were missing two key players too. Rondo and AB. AB was key defensive stopper and partially consistent scorer when needed. Rondo spite that he is not a scorer, he is a good defender and ball handler that we missed yesterday a lot. They could cry wolf all they want but second time we beat them when both teams have the same type of momentum and or conditions. This list hurt their sorry loosing souls more than loosing by 20. Believe me!

  11. #221
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    32,129
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    The other way to look at it is that both KL and PG balled out and Lebron played like trash pretty much and we still won. If Bron plays an average game they win by 12 pts and Cruze to victory.
    Our shooters were not there for most the game. Our savior was our defense and playing together not giving out!

  12. #222
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    32,129
    Quote Originally Posted by LaVar Ball View Post
    If the Lakers-Clippers meet in the 2020 WCF, the Lakers will have Rajon Rondo and the Clippers will have Lou Williams & Montrezl Harrell


    The fact that those guys didnít play last night and we squeaked a 2 point victory is a little concerning.


    My only hope is that the Clippers get knocked off before meeting us. Letís see what happens
    You should completely come out from the closet as a fan if the Flippers!
    Lakers at this point in particularly are not afraid of any team. They lost AB, but they got two very strong vets to cover his spot even more powerfully. Waiters and Smith are bringing more power to our bench as they will use 7 games to be sharp ready to beat the heíll of your team and any other team. Stop your BS here! The sky has never been falling!

  13. #223
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    32,129
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    The other way to look at it is that both KL and PG balled out and Lebron played like trash pretty much and we still won. If Bron plays an average game they win by 12 pts and Cruze to victory.
    Lebron did not played like trash and you know it. What he did is to play more focus on the time to stop them at the right time. He played a very smart game letting Davis take over and practicing leadership. He played the stopper of two of the best players in the entire league being one called the resurgent new king of LA? BS! Some people here are just plain haters for trying to down his last night performance.

  14. #224
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    32,129
    Quote Originally Posted by lavar ball View Post
    i watched the entire game

    he couldnít play defense without fouling. He gave pg too much air space for that last 3 to tie it at 101.


    He opened the game up with a splash 3 in transition. But he didnít do much from that point on.

    Stop defending danny. He had a lot of those type of games way too often last year in toronto. He wasnít even the big shot maker on the raptors last year. It was vanvleet.

    We overpaid for danny green. 2 yrs 30 million tfoh!!!!
    bs!

  15. #225
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    32,129
    Quote Originally Posted by lavar ball View Post
    that starter (bradley) donít count. We have to treat him unfortunately as if he was never on the team for this season.
    bs!

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •