Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    I just skimmed through but is the debate that the thunder would take Horford and or Harris to get out of CP3s contract? That is 100% not the case. They’ll let him expire before they do that.
    No it's not really. At least not the way I'm looking at it. I was pointing out that the Thunder aren't really a team that overly concerns themselves with having an absurd amount of cap space because they generally aren't a FA draw. That's not to say they would jump all over a deal like this, but rather it's why they wouldn't hang up right away and see what there is to talk about. Either way the finacials of Horford+Harris wouldn't work as combined $60million, CP3 makes $38mil, so there would need to be another $12mil included from OKC's side.
    Last edited by warfelg; 07-31-2020 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    No it's not really. At least not the way I'm looking at it. I was pointing out that the Thunder aren't really a team that overly concerns themselves with having an absurd amount of cap space because they generally aren't a FA draw. That's not to say they would jump all over a deal like this, but rather it's why they wouldn't hang up right away and see what there is to talk about. Either way the finacials of Horford+Harris wouldn't work as combined $60million, CP3 makes $38mil, so there would need to be another $12mil included from OKC's side.
    Actually CP3's contract is 42.5M for the next season, but yeah, OKC won't take a deal which would lead to them adding salary, because it would then "cut" from the cash they would want to invest into landing FAs and since the Sixers can't make a trade unless it leads to unloading salary, it's another reason you may forget CP3 altogether.

I just skimmed through but is the debate that the thunder would take Horford and or Harris to get out of CP3s contract? That is 100% not the case. They’ll let him expire before they do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by mouseslept View Post
    It is exactly the debate and I'm trying to explain to them that what they propose is LOLable.
    No; that's mouseslept's selective interpretation of the deal to support his argument.
    The Thunder would be taking on Horford's horrible contract, which is not that much more horrible than Paul's. They'd be taking on Harris, who is overpaid but basically a younger replacement for Gallinari who will likely be just as good throughout his entire deal. Not to mention that both will eventually be expiring contracts the Thunder can package with picks for a star in trade.
    They'd also get Milton, who appears good enough to start next to Shai in the back court and is locked up for three years on a rookie deal. He won't have to get paid until Horford's contract is up.
    The Thunder are not hitting anything in free agency, because who the hell wants to go to Oklahoma when it doesn't have an established Durant or Westbrook? Maybe that will change as Shai develops, but the Thunder will not be a free agent destination in the next few years. So take on some bad contracts in exchange for an asset or two, as long as those bad contracts run out as the young guys you're developing need to get paid.

The whole premise of my idea included the Magic taking on Schröder ($15.5 million, 1 year) and sending Ross ($13.5 million, 3 years) to the 76ers. The deal works financially. I'm arguing it would ultimately help the Thunder in the long run, taking on a bad contract like Horford and an overpaid-yet-productive sidekick like Harris to get an asset like Milton. Horford will expire just as Milton needs to get paid. Harris will expire the following year. The Thunder will then will hopefully have an established young core between Shai, Shake and whoever they draft, with the financial freedom to go get someone else.
    Last edited by mrblisterdundee; 07-31-2020 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    No; that's mouseslept's selective interpretation of the deal to support his argument.
    The Thunder would be taking on Horford's horrible contract, which is not that much more horrible than Paul's. They'd be taking on Harris, who is overpaid but basically a younger replacement for Gallinari who will likely be just as good throughout his entire deal. Not to mention that both will eventually be expiring contracts the Thunder can package with picks for a star in trade.
    They'd also get Milton, who appears good enough to start next to Shai in the back court and is locked up for three years on a rookie deal. He won't have to get paid until Horford's contract is up.
    The Thunder are not hitting anything in free agency, because who the hell wants to go to Oklahoma when it doesn't have an established Durant or Westbrook? Maybe that will change as Shai develops, but the Thunder will not be a free agent destination in the next few years. So take on some bad contracts in exchange for an asset or two, as long as those bad contracts run out as the young guys you're developing need to get paid.
    Pretty much all of this. But there's also, to me, the continuing part, that Horford and Harris are both playing out of position right now. I think we're going to end up having to take a hit to move Horford, but if we can, Shake can continue in the starting role and Thybulle becomes a reliable 6th man, Horford will end up playing well.

Ironically, playing a new 2K season and within a few weeks I was offered Hayward and a 2nd for Horford. lol

Pretty much all of this. But there's also, to me, the continuing part, that Horford and Harris are both playing out of position right now. I think we're going to end up having to take a hit to move Horford, but if we can, Shake can continue in the starting role and Thybulle becomes a reliable 6th man, Horford will end up playing well.

Ironically, playing a new 2K season and within a few weeks I was offered Hayward and a 2nd for Horford. lol
    That's a good deal if you can ship Horford back to Boston for Hayward — helps both teams.

The whole premise of my idea included the Magic taking on Schröder ($15.5 million, 1 year) and sending Ross ($13.5 million, 3 years) to the 76ers. The deal works financially. I'm arguing it would ultimately help the Thunder in the long run, taking on a bad contract like Horford and an overpaid-yet-productive sidekick like Harris to get an asset like Milton. Horford will expire just as Milton needs to get paid. Harris will expire the following year. The Thunder will then will hopefully have an established young core between Shai, Shake and whoever they draft, with the financial freedom to go get someone else.
    OK... Now it's a done deal! The Sixers will win it all for two consecutive seasons and then resign CP3 after he expires for a vet. min and they will win it all for ever!

Satisfied now? sure thing to happen!

OK... Now it's a done deal! The Sixers will win it all for two consecutive seasons and then resign CP3 after he expires for a vet. min and they will win it all for ever!

Satisfied now? sure thing to happen!
    They'll definitely be in a more flexible position long-term than if they had held on to Horford and Harris' gargantuan contracts.

They'll definitely be in a more flexible position long-term than if they had held on to Horford and Harris' gargantuan contracts.
    ...and they all lived happily ever after! (but stupid OKC)

...and they all lived happily ever after! (but stupid OKC)
    Yes; your opinion is clear.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wel...tential-trades

IMO OKC is one of a handful of teams that would be willing to take on Horfords contract. Free agency cap isn't that important to them, they know no superstar is gonna sign there. They're just gonna overpay 2nd tier players to go to OKC, might as well get take on an already overpaid 2nd tier player with assets attached. Rebuilding low market teams need as much draft picks as possible to rebuild. That's how OKC became a contender in the 1st place, through the draft not free agency. Through the draft then trading some of them assets that originated from their past picks.

Lillard to the Miami Heat

Miami trade Dragic, Bam Adebayo, Hierro, 1st round draft picks and pick swaps all to the Blazers for Lillard

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Lillard to the Miami Heat

Miami trade Dragic, Bam Adebayo, Hierro, 1st round draft picks and pick swaps all to the Blazers for Lillard
    We’re not trading Bam who is loved by all his peers (for future reference) and is blossoming into one of the top players in the league for Lillard who is my favorite player btw.
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

8/24/2

We’re not trading Bam who is loved by all his peers (for future reference) and is blossoming into one of the top players in the league for Lillard who is my favorite player btw.
    I don't think that was a serious trade proposal. If so, it's pretty terrible. I too would not trade Bam for Lillard.
    Miami's got some assets I love as a Blazers fan, but I don't see how they make a trade work after this season. All their big, expendable contracts are off the books by then unless they can somehow sign someone to a massive one-year deal and use that to make salaries work. Without that, they'd have to trade something like Iguodala, Olynyk, Herro and Robinson to make me interested in sending them Lillard. I'm not interested in their picks, as Miami's too perennially good for them to be that valuable.

Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wel...tential-trades

IMO OKC is one of a handful of teams that would be willing to take on Horfords contract. Free agency cap isn't that important to them, they know no superstar is gonna sign there. They're just gonna overpay 2nd tier players to go to OKC, might as well get take on an already overpaid 2nd tier player with assets attached. Rebuilding low market teams need as much draft picks as possible to rebuild. That's how OKC became a contender in the 1st place, through the draft not free agency. Through the draft then trading some of them assets that originated from their past picks.
    Finally someone who seems to understand the long game. They're not getting any big free agents unless Shai establishes himself as a superstar. They've already got all the picks. Take on Horford and Harris to tread water and get your young guys some playoff reps and figure out who's a keeper. Hopefully Milton and Shai become the back court of the future. Then let the vets walk as you have to pay your young guys.

Damian Lillard to the New York Knicks

Portland gets RJ Barrett, Elfrid Payton, Julius Randle, and 3 1st round draft picks

Dame Dolla goes to the Mecca...Madison Square Garden

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast