Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mouseslept View Post
    No they won't!

They desperately need to dump salary for all the following seasons and there will be none buying Hortford's or Harris' contracts given their values in what is expected to be "the worst off season ever for investing"!

There is really no other alternative than to trade Simmons or Embiid, and then not for what would be the "best deal in the world", but instead, in order to dump some salary!

For the Sixers, things are very simple, they are really screwed and in the worst financial condition than any other team in the league...

If they make it to the ECF this season (highly unlikely) the F.O. may consider to pay the (huge) tax and have another go a season later, but in the likely situation that they get disqualified in the 1st or the 2nd round, they then have to blow the team up!
    dumb post... they cant shed salary because they wont be able to add even if they get rid of 1 of ben simmons or joel which is why they signed simmons after horford was signed... There is no shedding salary unless its dumping horford for another bad contract like a cp3 or a westy etc...

i wouldnt trade ben for dame... id legit offer up a package of thyb/embiid for dame/nurkic.. embiid is better but he is a center and i doubt he remains great into his 30s.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    i wouldnt trade ben for dame... id legit offer up a package of thyb/embiid for dame/nurkic.. embiid is better but he is a center and i doubt he remains great into his 30s.
    Why would the Blazers trade their only good point guard for a center when they already have the front court of the future? I'd be willing to throw in Anfernee Simons in exchange for a future first-rounder from Philly, but Simmons is worse at shooting than Lillard is at defense, so it's not that much of a stretch to trade one for the other. And considering how bad Simmons is at shooting and his back problems, why would he age particularly well?

dumb post... they cant shed salary because they wont be able to add even if they get rid of 1 of ben simmons or joel which is why they signed simmons after horford was signed... There is no shedding salary unless its dumping horford for another bad contract like a cp3 or a westy etc...
    It's actually your post which is extremely dump, the Sixers are deep into the tax and this continues for the following seasons too, which will then make them repeaters tax eligible. Unless they can make it to the ECF or further this season, they will have to trade either Embiid or Simmons with Hortford's and Harris contracts being practically unwanted.

Stop dreaming dump then and imagine fictional scenarios of the Blazers "selling" to the Sixers, the Blazers are gonna be buyers this season and the Sixers sellers.

No business man (especially in this BAD financial situation) keeps a team which pays tax and can't be upgraded while the competition does, but also "goes nowhere"!

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    Why would the Blazers trade their only good point guard for a center when they already have the front court of the future? I'd be willing to throw in Anfernee Simons in exchange for a future first-rounder from Philly, but Simmons is worse at shooting than Lillard is at defense, so it's not that much of a stretch to trade one for the other. And considering how bad Simmons is at shooting and his back problems, why would he age particularly well?
    Probably because in his video game it's possible!

This thread is probably the most dump "subject" in here! The Sixers are above the apron and have five empty roster spots to fill and no pick for the next season, the roster spots have all but one to be filled with min. contracts, but one in which they can use the TPE for but they won't do it (use the TPE) because it then will get them even deeper into the tax.

Any trade they may do, can't be accomplished unless it includes dumping salary (according to the CBA).

It's actually your post which is extremely dump, the Sixers are deep into the tax and this continues for the following seasons too, which will then make them repeaters tax eligible. Unless they can make it to the ECF or further this season, they will have to trade either Embiid or Simmons with Hortford's and Harris contracts being practically unwanted.

Stop dreaming dump then and imagine fictional scenarios of the Blazers "selling" to the Sixers, the Blazers are gonna be buyers this season and the Sixers sellers.

No business man (especially in this BAD financial situation) keeps a team which pays tax and can't be upgraded while the competition does, but also "goes nowhere"!
    why will they have to exactly? and again another idiotic statement... harris is not an unmovable contract and has become pretty underrated... we have seen far worse contracts moved but the sixers arent getting rid of joel/simmons or harris... they will likely try to trade horford if this fails.
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 07-30-2020 at 02:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    oh i def agree they shouldnt but a deal really cant match up outside of simmons for dame... anything else just doesnt make sense to either side.

why will they have to exactly? and again another idiotic statement... harris is not an unmovable contract and has become pretty underrated... we have seen far worse contracts moved but the sixers aren't getting rid of joel/simmons or harris... they will likely try to trade horford if this fails.
    OK... mine is an "idiotic" statement, I therefore am an idiot according to you, but Harris is on a max for 5 years which costs the same salary as a top-20 player like Middleton!

and now you expect to find a "customer" for Hortford, who only the Sixers were so dump to pay an insane salary for the previous season while the pandemic is around, salaries of players are dropping and Horford is one step before retirement!

You are so smart... Wake up in reality mate, Hortford's and Harris' contracts are unmovable, Portland will resign Hassan for some 8-10M annually and will around for more with all the money they have to spend before they ever approach the lux tax threshold and the MLE available!

I do happen to have deep knowledge on the CBA and also know well the league's financials for most of the teams and have proposed on another thread what could possibly have a chance to may work for the Sixers so that they can survive the horrible financials they are into...

Go to the Bulls and try to deal Harris for (expiring) Otto Porter + one of their young guards (nothing special but not bad)... if you pay a pick they may accept it... if you are lucky and it works, you'll end up with a slightly worst but still competitive team but you'll correct the financials next season after you resign Porter to a lesser contract!

CP3 and other BS you was saying before, you cannot have, simply because you cannot make a trade which adds a penny of more salary, only if you save salary you are allowed to trade...

Who is the idiot now?

why will they have to exactly? and again another idiotic statement... harris is not an unmovable contract and has become pretty underrated... we have seen far worse contracts moved but the sixers arent getting rid of joel/simmons or harris... they will likely try to trade horford if this fails.
    Harris is very movable. And in a way Horford is movable. Pretty much everything you read with league people weighing in say that they arenít bad players or even crippling contracts, they are hard to move because they arenít playing their natural positions.

Although I will add in the scrimmages this little lineup tweak of Horford/Embiid out (FWIW Embiid was on the RTRS podcast. Give it a listen) and Simmons playing point forward has opened up Harris/Embiid or Harris/Horford to get back some to their natural skill sets and are looking good. I think weíre going to see a much different dynamic going on when games start again with the lineups.

OK... mine is an "idiotic" statement, I therefore am an idiot according to you, but Harris is on a max for 5 years which costs the same salary as a top-20 player like Middleton!

and now you expect to find a "customer" for Hortford, who only the Sixers were so dump to pay an insane salary for the previous season while the pandemic is around, salaries of players are dropping and Horford is one step before retirement!

You are so smart... Wake up in reality mate, Hortford's and Harris' contracts are unmovable, Portland will resign Hassan for some 8-10M annually and will around for more with all the money they have to spend before they ever approach the lux tax threshold and the MLE available!

I do happen to have deep knowledge on the CBA and also know well the league's financials for most of the teams and have proposed on another thread what could possibly have a chance to may work for the Sixers so that they can survive the horrible financials they are into...

Go to the Bulls and try to deal Harris for (expiring) Otto Porter + one of their young guards (nothing special but not bad)... if you pay a pick they may accept it... if you are lucky and it works, you'll end up with a slightly worst but still competitive team but you'll correct the financials next season after you resign Porter to a lesser contract!

CP3 and other BS you was saying before, you cannot have, simply because you cannot make a trade which adds a penny of more salary, only if you save salary you are allowed to trade...

Who is the idiot now?
    so good to see sixer hating wade back... clueless per usual and will vanish once the heat are eliminated probably by the sixers again might i add... Move along i dont know what to tell you if you think harris isnt movable.. harris and horford are movable and the sixers have no reason to trade joel or ben... being over the cap means nothing to the sixers/lakers and so on down the list... if it doesnt work this year they will get rid of the coach and maybe try to get rid of horford... if it doesnt work next year they will start to consider getting rid of embiid or simmons.... move along.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Harris is very movable. And in a way Horford is movable. Pretty much everything you read with league people weighing in say that they arenít bad players or even crippling contracts, they are hard to move because they arenít playing their natural positions.

Although I will add in the scrimmages this little lineup tweak of Horford/Embiid out (FWIW Embiid was on the RTRS podcast. Give it a listen) and Simmons playing point forward has opened up Harris/Embiid or Harris/Horford to get back some to their natural skill sets and are looking good. I think weíre going to see a much different dynamic going on when games start again with the lineups.
    pretty much this.

Harris is very movable.
    OK... where? Please suggest a feasible destination for Harris... I was looking really hard and couldn't find a place that would be an obvious destination, I ended up thinking that best case scenario (for Philly) could perhaps only be the Bulls for Porter, but then again it would surely cost a couple of picks and yet, I'm not sure the Bulls would proceed even if Philly did throw the picks in... 5 years commitment on such an expensive contract with no championship aspirations? Hmmm... I don't know.

Then the two other teams which would buy his contract (the Cavs and the Pistons) they would surely insist for Philly to load with Love or Griffin... Therefore it would be Philly saying no... Is there any other I have missed?

And in a way Horford is movable...
    I would love it if you could tell me..

Pretty much everything you read with league people weighing in say that they arenít bad players or even crippling contracts, they are hard to move because they arenít playing their natural positions.

To be honest with you, I don't read much, or if I do, I don't pay much attention in what it said on web, cause I know most of it is garbage...

Goodness you flip flop on here like crazy from Embiid is a god and imagine Embiid and Lillard together if we traded Ben to now wanting to trade Embiid instead of Ben because Ben hit a 3 in a scrimmage 😂

I see youíre agreeing with me about Embiid not lasting long though now.

As for the thread, compared to the offers I see in here all we have to do is mention Herro and itís done but Iíd do Herro Nunn Robinson Iggy KO and a 1st at most for Dame and filler.
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

8/24/2

so good to see sixer hating wade back... clueless per usual and will vanish once the heat are eliminated probably by the sixers again might i add... Move along i dont know what to tell you if you think harris isnt movable.. harris and horford are movable and the sixers have no reason to trade joel or ben... being over the cap means nothing to the sixers/lakers and so on down the list... if it doesnt work this year they will get rid of the coach and maybe try to get rid of horford... if it doesnt work next year they will start to consider getting rid of embiid or simmons.... move along.
    Close but not quite. I'm about 95% sure this dude is a bucksalis dupe. He's been on the bucks forum too. He's toned it down just a hair, but everything about his posts screams bucksalis.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    Goodness you flip flop on here like crazy from Embiid is a god and imagine Embiid and Lillard together if we traded Ben to now wanting to trade Embiid instead of Ben because Ben hit a 3 in a scrimmage 😂
    yeah... what's wrong with this guy?

Is his condition worrisome?

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast