Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    If Gary Trent Jr is for real thereís no reason to blow the team up.

The Blazers will start Lillard - CJ - Trent Jr - Z. Collins - Nurkic next year
    That's still too small in the back court IMO. Trent Jr. is only 6'5", then you have two 6'3" guards. The Blazers get murdered by opposing forwards They need a bigger 3-and-D guard or forward ó like Mario Hezonja, except talented. We'll have to see how Rodney Hood comes back. I like 6'8" guard-forwards who can shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by MHbasketball View Post
    herro and nunn can be traded for an all star SG? which SG would this be?

here are the PER rankings for SGs from espn. I know PER isnt the ultimate ranking system, but its enough to get an idea of who the top SGs are:

http://insider.espn.com/nba/hollinge.../_/position/sg

herro and nunn for who?
    Nunn is a ROY finalsist, Herro has shown to already be an elite shooter with an elite scoring package and clutch gene. Heís a hell of a rebounder already too for his position. Also could throw in picks, etc. other things will need to be involved to work money out but Iím looking at guys in bad situations or guys where itís just time for the team to shake things up.

Beal
    Booker
    CJ
    Dipo
    Lavine
    Mitchell

Are the first names that come to mind.
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

8/24/2

Forgot to mention Jrue Holiday and if he becomes available after next season my pipe dream is working something out for Lillard
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

8/24/2

Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    Nunn is a ROY finalsist, Herro has shown to already be an elite shooter with an elite scoring package and clutch gene. Heís a hell of a rebounder already too for his position. Also could throw in picks, etc. other things will need to be involved to work money out but Iím looking at guys in bad situations or guys where itís just time for the team to shake things up.

Beal
    Booker
    CJ
    Dipo
    Lavine
    Mitchell

Are the first names that come to mind.
    "ROY finalist" is Nunn's resume? Herro is an elite scoring package and "clutch gene"?

you just make up terms to make the package sound better than it is. im not saying they are bad players. they are definitely good. but you arent getting any of those guys in return (unless they happen to demand to be traded to miami, then all bets are off).

real GMs dont give away all star SGs for role players.

if any wizard, suns, blazer, pacer, bulls or jazz fans want to chime in and would hypothetically accept nunn/herro for any of their players, please feel free.

"ROY finalist" is Nunn's resume? Herro is an elite scoring package and "clutch gene"?

you just make up terms to make the package sound better than it is. im not saying they are bad players. they are definitely good. but you arent getting any of those guys in return (unless they happen to demand to be traded to miami, then all bets are off).

real GMs dont give away all star SGs for role players.

if any wizard, suns, blazer, pacer, bulls or jazz fans want to chime in and would hypothetically accept nunn/herro for any of their players, please feel free.
    Yea sit this one out, you donít know what youíre talking about.

8/24/2

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    Lillard's chemistry with Nurkic is underrated and starting to rival that of Lillard and C.J., who could also be very useful to the 76ers. The Blazers need a decent combo forward more than another undersized combo guard, and vise versa for the 76ers.
    Would C.J. to Philly for Harris be a bad swap?
    Lillard might be pissed, but Harris provides Portland a combo forward it has needed for some time. Plus Portland has Trent Jr., Simons and possibly Hood who could potentially fill the void at guard.
    On the other hand, Philadelphia gets the lethal volume shooter they need. McCollum can also be a secondary playmaker after Simmons. They have him, Richardson and the subs to cover the forward spots.
    It seems like both teams can help each other out.
    Yeah thats my thinking too. If I were to retool the Blazers Id keep Lillard/Nurkic/Trent Jr and retool around them. CJs value is pretty high, teams like the 76ers/Heat/Lakers could really use him and could net a pretty nice return.

Harris is not a bad idea at all but I dont know if he moves the needle enough. A bit of a lateral trade but it could pay off because youre moving your talent to a position of need. Maybe a bigger trade to get josh richardson too?

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Yeah thats my thinking too. If I were to retool the Blazers Id keep Lillard/Nurkic/Trent Jr and retool around them. CJs value is pretty high, teams like the 76ers/Heat/Lakers could really use him and could net a pretty nice return.

Harris is not a bad idea at all but I dont know if he moves the needle enough. A bit of a lateral trade but it could pay off because youre moving your talent to a position of need. Maybe a bigger trade to get josh richardson too?
    I think itís funny some are so trained that one side needs to super win a trade that a lateral talent but win position ally trade is looked at as not moving the needle. CJ/Harris makes sense on paper. The downside for the Sixers is no wing and still dealing with Horford needing to move.

I was thinking about this today a lot:

Last year when the Sixers traded Covington/Saric for Butler; the Blazers should have called up and offered up CJ McCollum for the same package of players. I think it would have been a rather good trade for both sides. The Blazers would have gotten some spacing around Lillard, and the Sixers would have gotten some much needed play making on the perimeter. And you look at the rosters both teams ended last season with and suddenly they both make more sense:
    Blazers: Lillard / Hood / Covington / Saric / Nurkic
    Sixers: McCollum / Redick / Harris / Simmons / Embiid

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post

Last year when the Sixers traded Covington/Saric for Butler; the Blazers should have called up and offered up CJ McCollum for the same package of players. I think it would have been a rather good trade for both sides. The Blazers would have gotten some spacing around Lillard, and the Sixers would have gotten some much needed play making on the perimeter. And you look at the rosters both teams ended last season with and suddenly they both make more sense:
    that sixers teams with that spacing makes noise wow.

now we have brand and we will get embiid/horford/love/thyb/harris next season lol

I think itís funny some are so trained that one side needs to super win a trade that a lateral talent but win position ally trade is looked at as not moving the needle. CJ/Harris makes sense on paper. The downside for the Sixers is no wing and still dealing with Horford needing to move.
    What I meant by that is that CJ and Harris are similar levels talent wise. Thus not moving the needle for the Blazers... infact Id give the edge to CJ here valur wise. However both teams would be moving the talent to a higher position of need. So youre right it could work.

I can see a tade involing Horford being sent to Houston. He seems like the perfect type of big that team needs. No idea what Houston would send back but they def have some shooters and can offer a package centered around Eric Gordon for example. Not the sexiest of trades but I think it would help both teams.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 08-11-2020 at 12:17 PM.

Yea sit this one out, you donít know what youíre talking about.
    um, no. it doesnt quite work that way.

you cant overrate your own players with terms like "ROY finalist", play master GM and just say teams will trade star SGs for those two guys. you are just wrong.

do you want to try and edit your list? or shall I ask suns fans whether they would consider trading booker for nunn and herro?

but hey, "I dont know what im talking about" right?

LOL... Did the Blazers ever put CJ on the trade block? Jesus man... You think you know better than the team which made it to the WCF last season as to say what they should have done?

What makes sense to you Sixers fans, is only what makes the Sixers better and everybody you suggest trades with, a jerk!

you cant overrate your own players with terms like "ROY finalist", play master GM and just say teams will trade star SGs for those two guys. you are just wrong.

do you want to try and edit your list? or shall I ask suns fans whether they would consider trading booker for nunn and herro?

Yea like I said you donít know what you are talking about. You can always throw in a plethora of picks and other assets not just those 2.

If youíre going to lose Booker might as well trade him for the young clutch stud with an already elite scoring skill set that busted his *** the other night for 25-8-10. But hey, you donít know what youíre talking about

8/24/2

Did't you know? Giannis is already packing for Miami!

Yea like I said you donít know what you are talking about. You can always throw in a plethora of picks and other assets not just those 2.

If youíre going to lose Booker might as well trade him for the young clutch stud with an already elite scoring skill set that busted his *** the other night for 25-8-10. But hey, you donít know what youíre talking about
    if... then you can find much better!

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast