Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    I don't think that was a serious trade proposal. If so, it's pretty terrible. I too would not trade Bam for Lillard.
    Miami's got some assets I love as a Blazers fan, but I don't see how they make a trade work after this season. All their big, expendable contracts are off the books by then unless they can somehow sign someone to a massive one-year deal and use that to make salaries work. Without that, they'd have to trade something like Iguodala, Olynyk, Herro and Robinson to make me interested in sending them Lillard. I'm not interested in their picks, as Miami's too perennially good for them to be that valuable.
    Yea as much as I love Lillard they just cant do that, wed be setting ourselves back years imo due to the age gap.

It would suck to see those guys go but if youre Pat you do what it takes to get a big 3 of Lillard Bam and Jimmy and the rest will work itself out. Im interested to see what Miami does, theyre rumored to be very hot on the SG market via trade this summer but Herro has shown so much so early it would suck to move him, his window if becoming a near all star level Player might not fit the Window we have with Jimmy.
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

8/24/2

Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    Yea as much as I love Lillard they just cant do that, wed be setting ourselves back years imo due to the age gap.

It would suck to see those guys go but if youre Pat you do what it takes to get a big 3 of Lillard Bam and Jimmy and the rest will work itself out. Im interested to see what Miami does, theyre rumored to be very hot on the SG market via trade this summer but Herro has shown so much so early it would suck to move him, his window if becoming a near all star level Player might not fit the Window we have with Jimmy.
    If they value Herro so much, maybe it's time to change course, jettison Jimmy while his value is still high and focus on the young guys.
    I'm thinking Denver could be a good trade partner. They've got a lot of young assets, but they lack someone tougher like Jimmy to lead them in close games.
    How about Jimmy and Duncan this summer for Michael Porter Jr., Monte Morris, Gary Harris and Jerami Grant? Porter Jr. might have more upside than Herro; Morris shows a lot of promise; and Harris came back to life a bit late this season as a 3-and-D wing. Denver pushes its chips in for a third star and a lethal shooter, making them the clearest threat to either Los Angeles. They're a bit weak at power forward, but I think Millsap will be a lot cheaper this time around, especially if he has a chance to contend in a system he knows.
    Last edited by mrblisterdundee; 08-06-2020 at 12:59 PM.

If they value Herro so much, maybe it's time to change course, jettison Jimmy while his value is still high and focus on the young guys.
    I'm thinking Denver could be a good trade partner. They've got a lot of young assets, but they lack someone tougher like Jimmy to lead them in close games.
    How about Jimmy and Duncan this summer for Michael Porter Jr., Monte Morris, Gary Harris and Jerami Grant? Porter Jr. might have more upside than Herro, and Morris shows a lot of promise. Denver gets a third star and a lethal shooter who at least give them a chance against Los Angeles.
    Id have to pass on that, were a championship team in the next year or so, Id rather stick with that. I think Herro and Nunn could be moved to bring in an already established all star level SG though.
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

8/24/2

That is pretty tempting though

8/24/2

Id have to pass on that, were a championship team in the next year or so, Id rather stick with that. I think Herro and Nunn could be moved to bring in an already established all star level SG though.
    Buddy Hield might be a good target, if you're looking for a proven 20-point scorer better than 40% from deep but not as good (or expensive) as Beal.

Buddy Hield might be a good target, if you're looking for a proven 20-point scorer better than 40% from deep but not as good (or expensive) as Beal.
    Yea he wouldnt be bad, the good thing about it is there are quite a few SGs in bad situations or just unhappy right now so they could be available but if not we have a nice young stud in Herro there and also Robinson so its not make or break.

8/24/2

Why are we discussing trading Lillard? He's said he wants to stay in Portland.
    They didn't have Nurkic in the playoffs last year...or all season before the restart.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Why are we discussing trading Lillard? He's said he wants to stay in Portland.
    They didn't have Nurkic in the playoffs last year...or all season before the restart.
    It's a purely hypothetical exercise. I'm more excited than most to see the Blazers back at full health. We still need a good small forward, but Gary Trent Jr. and Melo seem to be filling it up.

Quote Originally Posted by mouseslept View Post
    Why should the Blazers "shop" CJ and (FA next season, can't be "shopped") Whiteside? Why should the Blazers "shop" anybody?

It's your Sixers that will desperately be "sellers" next season buddy, not the Blazers, they rather will be "buyers"!
    My sixers? Im a raptor/rockets fan..

I never said the Blazers needed to make a move. The thread is about trade packages for Lillard. Imo if the Blazers were going to retool, Id prefer they keep Lillard and move CJ. I forgot Whiteside is expiring. My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    My sixers? Im a raptor/rockets fan..

I never said the Blazers needed to make a move. The thread is about trade packages for Lillard. Imo if the Blazers were going to retool, Id prefer they keep Lillard and move CJ. I forgot Whiteside is expiring. My bad.
    Lillard's chemistry with Nurkic is underrated and starting to rival that of Lillard and C.J., who could also be very useful to the 76ers. The Blazers need a decent combo forward more than another undersized combo guard, and vise versa for the 76ers.
    Would C.J. to Philly for Harris be a bad swap?
    Lillard might be pissed, but Harris provides Portland a combo forward it has needed for some time. Plus Portland has Trent Jr., Simons and possibly Hood who could potentially fill the void at guard.
    On the other hand, Philadelphia gets the lethal volume shooter they need. McCollum can also be a secondary playmaker after Simmons. They have him, Richardson and the subs to cover the forward spots.
    It seems like both teams can help each other out.

lol you talk about how underrated the chemistry is between Dame and CJ and follow that by talking about splitting them up

If a combo forward is what the Blazers need, why wouldn't they just keep their studs together and trade for/draft a combo forward rather than blow it up
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

If Gary Trent Jr is for real theres no reason to blow the team up.

The Blazers will start Lillard - CJ - Trent Jr - Z. Collins - Nurkic next year

herro and nunn can be traded for an all star SG? which SG would this be?

here are the PER rankings for SGs from espn. I know PER isnt the ultimate ranking system, but its enough to get an idea of who the top SGs are:

http://insider.espn.com/nba/hollinge.../_/position/sg

herro and nunn for who?

How about Jimmy and Duncan this summer for Michael Porter Jr., Monte Morris, Gary Harris and Jerami Grant? Porter Jr. might have more upside than Herro; Morris shows a lot of promise; and Harris came back to life a bit late this season as a 3-and-D wing. Denver pushes its chips in for a third star and a lethal shooter, making them the clearest threat to either Los Angeles. They're a bit weak at power forward, but I think Millsap will be a lot cheaper this time around, especially if he has a chance to contend in a system he knows.
    quite the trade idea! denver gives up a ton of youth for the 30 year old butler though.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    lol you talk about how underrated the chemistry is between Dame and CJ and follow that by talking about splitting them up

If a combo forward is what the Blazers need, why wouldn't they just keep their studs together and trade for/draft a combo forward rather than blow it up
    I talked about Lillard's chemistry with Nurkic becoming more important that that with McCollum. Portland has been a lot better with Nurkic and Collins but still has too many undersized, defensively-deficient score-first guards.
    Harris could switch between forward spots, play decent defense and be a legitimate third scoring option after Lillard and Nurkic. I think he'd perform better in Portland's space than he is in that super-sized Philadelphia lineup. And Portland has a couple guards like Trent Jr., Simons and yes even Hood who could step up.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast