Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Marlins dealing with multiple Covid infections

They had four positive tests in Philadelphia, and those players will be unable to return to their home until they are through with the disease. They currently are done three starting positional players, a starting pitcher and one other player.

so they kicked our ***** and gave us covid?

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    so they kicked our ***** and gave us covid?
    Lol!

What happens if the whole team gets it? Do they forfeit games?

Quote Originally Posted by LF85 View Post
    What happens if the whole team gets it? Do they forfeit games?
    30 man taxi squad

They have delayed their flight home until Monday morning, and will arrive back in Miami hours before the game, and will leave behind those who tested positive in hotel room quarantine.

I really think the MLB season will be very difficult to complete. They're not the only team I seen who are having multiple players test positive or at minimum get scratched for feeling unwell.

The NBA bubble is an absurd idea and isn't full proof but MLB has WAY too many variables, I hope I'm wrong of course and they get a handle on it. But if this isn't even through week 1, it seems shakey at best.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    I really think the MLB season will be very difficult to complete. They're not the only team I seen who are having multiple players test positive or at minimum get scratched for feeling unwell.

The NBA bubble is an absurd idea and isn't full proof but MLB has WAY too many variables, I hope I'm wrong of course and they get a handle on it. But if this isn't even through week 1, it seems shakey at best.
    Mlb is a month in. Players reported July 1 and teams have been dealing with it since then. If it was going to shut down, it would have by now.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Mlb is a month in. Players reported July 1 and teams have been dealing with it since then. If it was going to shut down, it would have by now.
    I disagree on this and wouldn't be at all surprised to see the season cancelled or postponed at anytime between now and early September.

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I disagree on this and wouldn't be at all surprised to see the season cancelled or postponed at anytime between now and early September.
    Idk, teams have had players testing positive since day 1 and just kept on going. Not just a bunch of scrubs either. Guys like Freddie Freeman, Aroldis Chapman, Kenley Jansen, Juan Soto... I just think if they were going to shut it down it would've happened by now.

Idk, teams have had players testing positive since day 1 and just kept on going. Not just a bunch of scrubs either. Guys like Freddie Freeman, Aroldis Chapman, Kenley Jansen, Juan Soto... I just think if they were going to shut it down it would've happened by now.
    That makes some sense but is def not my perception. I've felt there's like a 50/50 chance they don't make it to playoff baseball.

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Baseball shouldn't even be played in Florida considering how bad the epidemic is over there.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

If a player ends up dying from the virus, I could see them shutting down the season for good. Which is why I didn't want them starting the season to begin with. One life lost is one too many.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    If a player ends up dying from the virus, I could see them shutting down the season for good. Which is why I didn't want them starting the season to begin with. One life lost is one too many.
    its def possible but unlikely because players are in such good health and fit.... managers not so much. someone might actually die... i just hope not but i def hope it doesnt get someones family.

But not a month into traveling to other cities and interacting with other teams.

Edit: I think the NFL will face a similar obstacle, especially because they're planning for some fans in stands off the rip..
    Last edited by NBA all the way; 07-27-2020 at 08:51 AM.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast