Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I sure as hell wouldn't let my employer trace me via my mobile phone.
    We walk onto all kinds of jobs in the bay area where apps are tracking when you are there so they know who to contact when someone gets infected.
    Its part of the county rules. Most of the contractors gave up paper lists because it takes too much time, guys spending an hour to get through the choke point to go to work.

The MLB players want the teams to keep them safe but they need to cooperate with where they have been. Its a two way street.

Hows a bubble work if people cheat and lie about where they have been? Electronic contact tracing is the key to knowing where people are in contact with an infected person fast. It ends the speculation and guessing where people are getting infected.

Would you be happier if it was the states they bubble in doing the tracing?
    All these rules, and orders and regulations for compliance fall on the employer to control their employees and workplace.

If you are out picking illegal pot with one of your buddies and someone else is there from out of the area and you all get sick, you won't tell anyone where you got infected?
    "He's getting the best job in baseball."

Bruce Bochy sent a clear message to whoever will be the Giants' next manager
    🙌
    https://bit.ly/2ndI9eG

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    They likely got it up in da club
    But that's still a guess with contact tracing, it could be one players sister-in law that went somewhere or someone has it with no symptoms. Point is they need to be able to quickly determine the source so they know how to react.

🙌

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    My work phone and work vehicle have tracking for sure. They're also company owned and not mine.
    Well yeah, that's a little different.

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

I sure as hell wouldn't let my employer trace me via my mobile phone.
    easy to say when your employer isnt paying you milliions.... baseball is run by an idiot that is going to get players or families killed.

football and baseball has had time to prepare and have done nothing... basketball and hockey are doing things right... football is gonna suffer as well come september.

Quote Originally Posted by SfgiantsJD3 View Post
    We walk onto all kinds of jobs in the bay area where apps are tracking when you are there so they know who to contact when someone gets infected.
    Its part of the county rules. Most of the contractors gave up paper lists because it takes too much time, guys spending an hour to get through the choke point to go to work.

The MLB players want the teams to keep them safe but they need to cooperate with where they have been. Its a two way street.

Hows a bubble work if people cheat and lie about where they have been? Electronic contact tracing is the key to knowing where people are in contact with an infected person fast. It ends the speculation and guessing where people are getting infected.
    24/7 tracing via mobile phone wouldn't be that tough to get around. Leave the phone in the hotel room and get a burner phone to contact family/friends with while out of the hotel room. There's really no fail-safe method at keeping these players immune from contracting the coronavirus. Furthermore, this isn't a bubble we are discussing (and I'm not okay with a potential employer tracking my every movement regardless).

Would you be happier if it was the states they bubble in doing the tracing?
    All these rules, and orders and regulations for compliance fall on the employer to control their employees and workplace.
    No.

If you are out picking illegal pot with one of your buddies and someone else is there from out of the area and you all get sick, you won't tell anyone where you got infected?
    Umm....what? Talk about a swing and a miss attempt at making a connection with a fellow poster. I don't "pick illegal pot" and would have no problem telling people how I got infected with a deadly, contagious virus (if I even knew who, where, or how the hell I was infected).

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    easy to say when your employer isnt paying you milliions.... baseball is run by an idiot that is going to get players or families killed.
    Easy to say regardless. Playing professional sports right now is a calculated risk either way about it. If an employer feels they need to track my every movement, then that job is off the table and the employer can go **** themselves.

Though I will 100% agree that Manfred is an idiot.

football and baseball has had time to prepare and have done nothing... basketball and hockey are doing things right... football is gonna suffer as well come september.
    MLB hasn't taken as many precautions as the NBA and NHL but you can't say they "have done nothing". They've added all sorts of protocol in an attempt to keep their investments safe while also continuing to juice their bank accounts in the middle of a pandemic. Just like the government, these owners are fine and dandy with some collateral damage to their worker bees as long as the money keeps rollin' in.

I hate Manfred as much as anyone, but I wouldn't blame him for this or say he's going to get the players sick. The players had the right to opt out (see: Price, David). The players currently playing chosen to play.

Quote Originally Posted by LF85 View Post
    What happens if the whole team gets it? Do they forfeit games?
    Nope. You just call up 11 players from the minors to replace your guys.

These two suck each other's cocks

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    It's florida, they don't believe in masks.

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    It's florida, they don't believe in masks.
    I guess allegedly the series will be in Baltimore now, since it's only 100 miles from Philly to B-more.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    I guess allegedly the series will be in Baltimore now, since it's only 100 miles from Philly to B-more.
    They were supposed to play the first 2 in Miami then 2 in Baltimore, 4 game series.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    They were supposed to play the first 2 in Miami then 2 in Baltimore, 4 game series.
    Valid point, the Maryland Governor doesn't think the back half of that set will happen either.

https://sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/mar....3333129882812

24/7 tracing via mobile phone wouldn't be that tough to get around. Leave the phone in the hotel room and get a burner phone to contact family/friends with while out of the hotel room. There's really no fail-safe method at keeping these players immune from contracting the coronavirus. Furthermore, this isn't a bubble we are discussing (and I'm not okay with a potential employer tracking my every movement regardless).

No.

Umm....what? Talk about a swing and a miss attempt at making a connection with a fellow poster. I don't "pick illegal pot" and would have no problem telling people how I got infected with a deadly, contagious virus (if I even knew who, where, or how the hell I was infected).
    The whole value to electronic tracing is it knows when your phone comes in contact with an infected person or who you came in contact with, its close to real time or slightly delayed, its not someone taking a report 4 -12 days later, filling out a form, entering it into a database and then trying to trace backwards, but you forgot where you went for groceries or which line you were in in the airport or what cab you were in or who the hotel maid was in your room when you were out of the room.

It can notify people quickly instead of 3 weeks later. It only works if a high percentage of the population is being tracked.

The other option is to require check in apps everywhere you go but that misses all the incidental contact, IE your were in the grocery store but 200 feet away from the infected person and went through completely different lines but you get quarantined because you were "close".

🙌

How are they going to make up these post poned games?

So far the yanks, Phillies, os, and marlins each lost 2 games in a 60 game season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast