Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 66 of 75 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TooL D/R/T View Post
    Gotta say, Iím okay with head hunting the Astros. If that makes me a bad person, Iíll accept that.
    So I play baseball in a league over the summer. Adult league. Wood bat. We have guys who clearly didn't make a HS team all the way up to guys who are weeks removed from an MLB career. So there's some serious talent. And some serious range in talent haha. I'm clearly not that good on the MLB side Those guys are legit awesome.

Anyways, about 5 summers ago, a kid threw a ball (he was probably mid 70's) and a hitter got smashed in the face. He broke his orbital bone. He had to have his skin completely removed from half of his skull. He had double vision in his eye for 3 years and has headaches now. It was a complete accident. He wasn't throwing at him, it just happened.

I'm sorry, but anyone who hasn't seen someone get ****ed like that in the face with a 75 mph fastball...but it's awful. And you'd be lucky you haven't.

No Astro deserves that fate. Now imagine what a 100 MPH fastball could do. You can headhunt and say "Well these are MLB hitters and they'll get out of the way". It's 100 mph. Sometimes you can't. And we saw how much Kimbrel couldn't make the ball go where he wanted the other night. All you need is one time and a guy's life is ****ed up. No, I'm not okay with head hunting. No one should. I get that some people are far more upset than I am over this cheating thing. Be upset. But anyone head hunting should sit their *** for a long time. Nothing anyone does on a baseball field deserves that reaction.

Accident's happen. And guys get walloped in the face every so often. And it's terrifying. But it's apart of the risk you assume when you put two feet in the batters' box. And I don't want this to read "no one can throw inside any more". Because, no, you can throw inside. That's the game. Sometimes you're going to get hit. Rarely, but it's possible, it could be the face. No one should ever be in that vicinity on purpose because you're talking inches.

As much as it may suck the league didn't punish guys the way people wanted them to, no one pitcher is the league's punishment liaison, no one should be taking that kind of vigilante justice in their hand that could result in something they'd really regret.
    Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 07-29-2020 at 06:25 PM.

I'm also anxiously awaiting the justification of the decision being "player safety" given the fact this incident occurred in the middle of a pandemic.

Well, he was right on the money...

https://twitter.com/ericstephen/stat...81847450972160

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    So I play baseball in a league over the summer. Adult league. Wood bat. We have guys who clearly didn't make a HS team all the way up to guys who are weeks removed from an MLB career. So there's some serious talent. I'm clearly not that good on the MLB side Those guys are legit awesome.

Anyways, about 5 summers ago, a kid threw a ball (he was probably mid 70's) and a hitter got smashed in the face. He broke his orbital bone. He had to have his skin completely removed from half of his skull. He had double vision in his eye for 3 years and has headaches now. It was a complete accident. He wasn't throwing at him, it just happened.

I'm sorry, but anyone who hasn't seen someone get ****ed like that in the face with a 75 mph fastball...but it's awful. And you'd be lucky you haven't.

No Astro deserves that fate. Now imagine what a 100 MPH fastball could do. You can headhunt and say "Well these are MLB hitters and they'll get out of the way". It's 100 mph. Sometimes you can't. And we saw how much Kimbrel couldn't make the ball go where he wanted the other night. All you need is one time and a guy's life is ****ed up. No, I'm not okay with head hunting. No one should. I get that some people are far more upset than I am over this cheating thing. Be upset. But anyone head hunting should sit their *** for a long time. Nothing anyone does on a baseball field deserves that reaction.

Accident's happen. And guys get walloped in the face every so often. And it's terrifying. But it's apart of the risk you assume when you put two feet in the batters' box. And I don't want this to read "no one can throw inside any more". Because, no, you can throw inside. That's the game. Sometimes you're going to get hit. Rarely, but it's possible, it could be the face. No one should ever be in that vicinity on purpose because you're talking inches.

As much as it may suck the league didn't punish guys the way people wanted them to, no one pitcher is the league's punishment liaison, no one should be taking that kind of vigilante justice in their hand that could result in something they'd really regret.
    Ray Chapman

Just watched ďmostĒ of the cubs game. Nice win! Mills looked confident, throwing darts out there. Very nice. And we have r best 9 hitters playing today! Love it, not even gna complain about Jhey batting 6th lol. I actually like r lineup a lot, one of the best in the NL imo... Letís see if the professor can do it again baby. Go cubs!

Ugly looking AB by Javy.

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Weird watching the Blackhawks/Hockey with no fans

Sonny Gray owns the Cubs almost as much as Gio Gonzales

Kyle threw way too many pitches that inning. Scrub.

2 runs may win this game

You do not run on Contreras.

Gray is getting some ridiculous calls so far.

Getting carved up tonight.

Gray is looking unhittable right now

Quote Originally Posted by ILMindState View Post
    Gray is looking unhittable right now
    If he keeps getting ******** strikes a ft below the damn zone he will have a ****ing no hitter

Page 66 of 75 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 ... LastLast