Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 63 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sofnr View Post
    It's really just too bad there aren't any fans in the stands so the Astros players can atleast get heckled non stop during every single road game.
    I think it'd make fans feel better. I also don't think the Astros would care. They're probably used to getting heckled. It's sports. They've played in the playoffs. I think, once you're in sport long enough, almost all guys at this level don't let it bother them and have it roll off their back, as long as their lives feel safe and they aren't stooping to racist comments (those, I think are in a different category).

If guys feel bad about being apart of the scandal, they're probably reminded of it on their own every day. If they don't, I don't think some dude making trash can noises will bother them, either.

So for the couple people who were ragging on Kris Bryant I'm curious how you feel about Christian Yellich. Currently last in the MLB out of qualified players with -0.4 WAR. I assume they should change his spot in the lineup or maybe just get rid of him all together.
    They were also accused of stealing signs at Miller Park. Namely, Yelich.

It's tougher to hit when they don't know what's coming.

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post

Well, they've only played road games. So...

If the implication is that he is struggling because he was cheating before, and he isnít now, I wouldnít go there. Itís 5 games. They havenít even played a home game yet. Everybody has bad series, including the best in the game like Yelich and Trout and great players like Kris Bryant.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Well, they've only played road games. So...
    And that's my point

And that's my point
    That doesn't make sense, though, thaw. If he was playing on the road, it wouldn't matter if he has been accused of stealing signs, as he wouldn't be losing a crutch, he couldn't have. He also had a .407 wOBA last year on the road. 7th best in baseball in wRC+. I think we can just accept that Yelich's numbers this year have nothing to do with him stealing or not stealing signs, and that he's just an amazing hitter, either way. It seems to not matter if he's home or away, he's a monster.

Dude's had a bad 5 days. Everyone has 5 bad days. Especially with the lack of live hitting guys had over the not spring training they had.

If Cleveland beat us in the 2016 World Series and it came out they were cheating during the series I would never, ever not hate them.

All I'm saying is the dude suddenly develops massive power once he becomes teammates with Ryan Braun...

I'll let you connect the dots on that.

That doesn't make sense, though, thaw. If he was playing on the road, it wouldn't matter if he has been accused of stealing signs, as he wouldn't be losing a crutch, he couldn't have. He also had a .407 wOBA last year on the road. 7th best in baseball in wRC+. I think we can just accept that Yelich's numbers this year have nothing to do with him stealing or not stealing signs, and that he's just an amazing hitter, either way. It seems to not matter if he's home or away, he's a monster.

Dude's had a bad 5 days. Everyone has 5 bad days. Especially with the lack of live hitting guys had over the not spring training they had.
    There's literally no reason to believe Yelich is a cheater. And stealing signs (in and of itself) isn't really illegal. So it complicates things further.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealTI View Post
    All I'm saying is the dude suddenly develops massive power once he becomes teammates with Ryan Braun...

I'll let you connect the dots on that.
    Dude always had a ton of pop in his bat. His HR/FB rate was always pretty good. The issue he had was that he always hit the ball on the ground. His GB rate his first three years was over 60%. Then this happened:

2016: 56.5% 21HR
    2017: 55.4% 18HR
    2018: 51.8% 36HR
    2019: 43.2% 44HR

It's almost like there are explanations beyond cheating sometimes. Getting out of that cavernous ballpark + a different approach is going to lead to more power. And hitting prime age for home runs helps, too. Dude was 22 when he came up, and 26 his first year on the Brewers.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Javy is my favorite all time cub.

I said what I said.
    Rizzo for me.
    Andre Dawson

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    If the implication is that he is struggling because he was cheating before, and he isnít now, I wouldnít go there. Itís 5 games. They havenít even played a home game yet. Everybody has bad series, including the best in the game like Yelich and Trout and great players like Kris Bryant.
    Also, even if he falls off a table completely out of nowhere, it doesn't mean he was cheating and isn't cheating now. Even before he blew up his HR total he was a very, very good player. Some guys just fall apart.

The only acceptable answer to "who is my favorite Cub" is Kerry Wood. And I will delete your posts if need be.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Doogolas View Post
    Also, even if he falls off a table completely out of nowhere, it doesn't mean he was cheating and isn't cheating now. Even before he blew up his HR total he was a very, very good player. Some guys just fall apart.
    Except for Jason Kipnis. Dude just continues to rake

The only acceptable answer to "who is my favorite Cub" is Kerry Wood. And I will delete your posts if need be.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Mark Prior. You little ****er.

Also, Kyle Hendricks.

Page 63 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast