Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 61 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ILMindState View Post
    Player's are going to throw at Astros it's inevitable. They got away with it with a slap on the wrist and then continued to act like douche bags and didn't even apologize or show any remorse. They're going to get thrown at all season.
    What did the Cubs do to deserve being thrown at so often? We're like, doubling them up in HBP.

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    What did the Cubs do to deserve being thrown at so often? We're like, doubling them up in HBP.
    I thought Rizzo's hand would be broken on the one that hit him in the first or second game. I don't know how he goes up there without padding.

Quote Originally Posted by ILMindState View Post
    Player's are going to throw at Astros it's inevitable. They got away with it with a slap on the wrist and then continued to act like douche bags and didn't even apologize or show any remorse. They're going to get thrown at all season.
    Yeah, if the league had actually come down on the players then this likely would have been avoided. The league did nothing to the guys who actually cheated on the field.

On a positive note, I have been pleasantly surprised by the results the Cubs have been getting so far. The bullpen has been seriously horrid at times, but the offense looks great.

I was critical of some of the depth moves, and it's still early, but Kipnis and Souza have been great so far.

Just get KB goin and we'll be rollin.

Certainly not going to complain about 4-1, its a great start. Everything but the pen has been solid and as bad as the pen has been it hasnít really cost us a game. Take it one game at a time

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealTI View Post
    Yeah, if the league had actually come down on the players then this likely would have been avoided. The league did nothing to the guys who actually cheated on the field.
    Like mentioned the players make it even worse as they've been complete douche bags about it. You were caught HEAVILY cheating, sack up and ****ing own it don't act like pompous *******s. The fanbase for most part follows suit.

I will say, with certainty if the Cubs had finally won one that way it would be one of the biggest let downs in my life and not sure how I would even view that WS win.

So for the couple people who were ragging on Kris Bryant I'm curious how you feel about Christian Yellich. Currently last in the MLB out of qualified players with -0.4 WAR. I assume they should change his spot in the lineup or maybe just get rid of him all together.

Quote Originally Posted by Sofnr View Post
    So for the couple people who were ragging on Kris Bryant I'm curious how you feel about Christian Yellich. Currently last in the MLB out of qualified players with -0.4 WAR. I assume they should change his spot in the lineup or maybe just get rid of him all together.
    DFA the glorified #2 hitter.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sofnr View Post
    Trout is hitting .211/.304/.368.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    Trout is hitting .211/.304/.368.
    DFA the glorified #3 hitter.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

So...any chance Mills can be a serviceable 4/5?

Quote Originally Posted by Cubboy View Post
    He's been a good spot starter, but he doesn't miss many bats. I wouldn't hate him as a 5 but I think Chatwood has a much higher ceiling.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubboy View Post
    No, there really isn't any chance. Mills has been routinely pummeled in AAA over the course of years now. He posted a 5+ ERA in AAA last season in 104 IP, while posting FIP's and xFIPS in the 5's as well to show that 5 ERA was well deserved. The year prior, he had a 4.6 ERA, while posting an xFIP of 4.6, showing, again, the ERA was well deserved. This isn't a charity case of bad luck or the PCL. He put up poor AAA numbers at ages 26 and 27, so he was old for the league.

Everything screams "Don't let Alec Mills be in your MLB rotation". I think if you want to make a case for him as a "guy you keep on the 40 man and let him start once or twice because you have to", then so be it. Let a promising rookie take it first, but if you don't have one who's either at a high enough level or at the right spot in a rotation turn...you can do worse than Mills. But Mills also has a very...strong air as someone who can give the Cubs 6-10 solid starts in a funky year, that you then ignore all of the warning signs to, give him a rotation spot next year and regret it, as the actual Alec Mills comes out.

The more MLB teams see this guy, the more they're going to bash him. He's a ticking time bomb. Take the decent start last night, and all of the rest of them (if there's more) to come. And be quite happy. But also know when to cut bait on Mills, which is basically; the first second you can.

Javy is my favorite all time cub.

I said what I said.

Rizzo for me.

Page 61 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast