Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 38 of 75 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
Results 556 to 570 of 1114
  1. #556
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    7,453
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    If you think you've "supported your opinion" you'd make a horrible lawyer. It's been the equivalent of going to court and standing up and saying "He murdered the guy cause I SAID SO!" and then sat back in your seat. You've provided nothing of substance. Not a damn thing.

    Have you refuted your original assessment that "Bryant is a glorified leadoff hitter" and "not a 3 hitter"? Nope, your only defense was "Heyward/Quintana" and "Baez is a better base runner

    Have you refuted Bryant's stats proving he's a better base runner? Nope, your argument then was "Bryant is asking for too much money"

    Have you show he was asking too much money? Nope, didn't do that. Then tried to say Bryant was more easily replacable.

    Showed all of the good SS's slated to be FA's. Did you refute that? Nope, then tried to say Bryant's got less trade value than Baez.

    Showed an article on fangraphs showing Baez probably has less. What's your refutation? Saying he "won't sniff another WS or MVP". Oh, okay. Another goalpost shift.

    You've literally refuted nothing. So no, I won't agree to disagree and give your argument a single validation. It's been one of the least backed arguments I've ever seen. Your only recourse is to shift to something else. Something new. Because you know, and I know, you've got nothing. It started off as a troll position, a whiny, impetuous rant over 14 PA's, and you picked a bad position. You have no ground to stand or you'd, you know, actually stand it.

    But whatever. I'm sure the next thing will be "Oh yeah, well Baez can eat more chicken wings than Kris Bryant! Bet you that!" or "Javier Baez could build that 1,200 piece lego castle in less time than Bryant! I bet Bryant doesn't even know how to read an instructions book!"
    We donít need to break down everything into a thesis when we can all see with our own eyes that Baez is a better baseball player than Bryant. Did I say better hitter? No. I said heís better at the game of baseball than KB. If the last few years didnít show you that then nothing will and thereís no more point discussing.

    And yeah Iím aware of the upcoming shortstop FAs, guess what a ton of teams needed a 3B this off season and he couldnít compete in a market with the likes of Rendon, Donaldson and Moustakas lol nobody made the Cubs a serious offer because NOBODY IS INTERESTED

  2. #557
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    14,437

    7/27-7/30: Cubs (2-1) at Reds (1-2) IGT

    So far no Phillies have tested positive but the Marlins however are up to 17 positives . Nationals donít want to go to Mia this weekend and are waiting for response from MLB.

    I donít know how the Marlins can play anytime soon so itís going to be interesting to see what they do here. If they somehow are able to play they should seriously consider playing their home games in another location .


    Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    Last edited by Dfan25; 07-28-2020 at 12:50 PM.


    El Mago

  3. #558
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    12,170
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutPunch33 View Post
    The Cubs have been trying to extend Bryant for years, when he was 3 years away too. No discount given, and thatís fine, he can do what he wants. But the reality is that he might be disappointed when the offers arenít as high as he expects.
    How do you know what offers were made or discounts given? Heís said the report about him turning down $200 mil was BS.

    Again it comes back to you being upset about media reports about how much money KB might be worth in free agency.

    If you want to be bitter for no reason, go ahead, but there is no reason to be bitter at KB or to pretend like heís not that good. Heís the best player on the team.

  4. #559
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    56,464
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutPunch33 View Post
    We donít need to break down everything into a thesis when we can all see with our own eyes that Baez is a better baseball player than Bryant. Did I say better hitter? No. I said heís better at the game of baseball than KB. If the last few years didnít show you that then nothing will and thereís no more point discussing.

    And yeah Iím aware of the upcoming shortstop FAs, guess what a ton of teams needed a 3B this off season and he couldnít compete in a market with the likes of Rendon, Donaldson and Moustakas lol nobody made the Cubs a serious offer because NOBODY IS INTERESTED
    Oh boy, the "eye test" of "my eyes say he's better so he is". Again, this is literally the equivalent of walking into court, saying he did it "cause I said so" and then sitting down. You'd literally lose every case. That's not evidence. It's not proof. Bryant was the better hitter and the better player last year (4.8 fWAR vs 4.4 fWAR). Baez has been better only once, in 2018, a year where Bryant was conveniently hurt and Baez has put up career numbers he hasn't matched.

    You have no proof of anything. Nothing. Not a single, shred of evidence.

    We don't need to break it down into a thesis. But you have to have something. At every, literally, every point, you've provided nothing but a new hurdle and a shifted goal post. You're right. There's no point in discussing this. You have provided this conversation with nothing outside of baseless opinion.

    You want to like Baez more than Bryant? Be my guest. But don't sit there and act like you've included any evidence to support your position. Which again, started with nonsense of what kind of a hitter Bryant's been in 14 PA's in 2020, and whining he isn't "good enough to be a 3 hitter". Which you've clearly abandoned as a platform.
    Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 07-28-2020 at 12:53 PM.

  5. #560
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    12,170
    Iíd also like to note that the Cubs should be able to pay Bryant and Baez if they want to. It doesnít have to be a choice.

  6. #561
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Chicago land
    Posts
    14,721
    Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    And she doesn't even know anything about baseball
    Bless her.

  7. #562
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    7,453
    Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    How do you know what offers were made or discounts given? Heís said the report about him turning down $200 mil was BS.

    Again it comes back to you being upset about media reports about how much money KB might be worth in free agency.

    If you want to be bitter for no reason, go ahead, but there is no reason to be bitter at KB or to pretend like heís not that good. Heís the best player on the team.
    His agent, and his dad specifically, have said a lot of crap regarding his future contract and itís just rubbed me the wrong way. Nobody else on the team whines constantly about their value, Javy Willy Rizzo they just play ball. Itís going to really drive me crazy when these great players and citizens are driven out by a primadonna who wonít even be worth his next contract (imo). Iíve watched Javy and Willy play for years and Iíve developed a certain sentiment/love for them. Itís hard to watch your 2 favorite players endure the amount of disrespect they are getting from the FO currently, in favor of players who are not as consistent as them year in and year out.

    Thatís my frustration.

    Even on days here when Willy goes 3/4 people ***** about his ďpitch framingĒ. Like seriously, watch a Phillies game and watch how many runs they score when Realmuto their 3 hitter. Look at how Grandal almost cost the Dodgers a trip to the WS in 2018. Willy is by far the best catcher in baseball and itís time heís compensated and rewarded as such.
    Last edited by PeanutPunch33; 07-28-2020 at 01:01 PM.

  8. #563
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    12,170

  9. #564
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    12,170

    7/27-7/30: Cubs (2-1) at Reds (1-2) IGT

    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutPunch33 View Post
    His agent, and his dad specifically, have said a lot of crap regarding his future contract and itís just rubbed me the wrong way. Nobody else on the team whines constantly about their value, Javy Willy Rizzo they just play ball. Itís going to really drive me crazy when these great players and citizens are driven out by a primadonna who wonít even be worth his next contract (imo). Iíve watched Javy and Willy play for years and Iíve developed a certain sentiment/love for them. Itís hard to watch your 2 favorite players endure the amount of disrespect they are getting from the FO currently, in favor of players who are not as consistent as them year in and year out.

    Thatís my frustration.
    Which KB quotes upset you so much that you pretend heís not that good of a player?

    How are Javy and Willy being disrespected? Javy was about to get the 1st mega extension when Covid hit. Contreras will be a 31 yo catcher when he hits FA. Whatís the rush to extend a catcher you control into his early 30s?
    Last edited by CP_414; 07-28-2020 at 01:49 PM.

  10. #565
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    6,986
    Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    Iíd also like to note that the Cubs should be able to pay Bryant and Baez if they want to. It doesnít have to be a choice.
    Especially considering they're commited payroll sits at 85 (minus Arbs), and the luxery tax goes up to 210

  11. #566
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    56,464
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutPunch33 View Post
    His agent, and his dad specifically, have said a lot of crap regarding his future contract and itís just rubbed me the wrong way. Nobody else on the team whines constantly about their value, Javy Willy Rizzo they just play ball. Itís going to really drive me crazy when these great players and citizens are driven out by a primadonna who wonít even be worth his next contract (imo). Iíve watched Javy and Willy play for years and Iíve developed a certain sentiment/love for them. Itís hard to watch your 2 favorite players endure the amount of disrespect they are getting from the FO currently, in favor of players who are not as consistent as them year in and year out.

    Thatís my frustration.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris Bryant
    ď[People talk like] Iím upset here or like I donít want to be in Chicago. Like, ĎHe just wants to leave in free agency or whatever.í When have I ever said that? I have nothing but great things to say about everybody in this organization and field and city. Where is all this coming from?Ē
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris Bryant
    ďI think a lot of [the belief that I want to leave] comes from Scott Boras being my agent and, oh, he always wants the most money. Listen, Iíve always had conversations with Scott and heís like, ĎI want to do exactly what is right for you and your family. I donít need to do this for you, I donít need to do that for you. If you want to stay in Chicago, thatís a very real option for you.í

    ďScott, he has this big name, but he does what his clients want him to do, and he always fights for his clients. I understand some of the hate for him because he always fights for his dudes like theyíre his own children. Which is what you want from your agent, but at the same time, itís like, just because my agent is Scott Boras doesnít mean Iím some greedy Ö Iíve never been described as greedy.Ē
    What a primadonna.

  12. #567
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Addison, IL
    Posts
    24,308
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    What a primadonna.
    Total primadonna.

    2016 World Series Champions!!!


  13. #568
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    9,667
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutPunch33 View Post
    He is a glorified lead off hitter tho. He is hitting lead off because heís not good enough to be a 3 hitter on this team or any team that wants to play in October. He has probably the worst situational hitting out of any current Cubs player. And Javy might be a top 3 defensive player at the premier defensive position in baseball, Bryant will be in the outfield hitting 25 HRs a year before his next contract ends up
    I have always thought that KB should be leading since Fowler left. But not because he's not good enough to be a 3 hitter. My reasons are:

    He's very familiar with the lead off spot.
    He's an on base machine.
    He's a great base runner.

    I believe that the guys that get on base the most, should be the guys that get the most AB's.

    Not part of the KB talk, but I would have Willy hitting 3rd, and Javi hitting 5th.

  14. #569
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    6,986

  15. #570
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    51,122
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutPunch33 View Post
    I have supported my position. Thereís a reason KB wonít get the contract he is looking for, will end up on another team in 2 years and the Cubs will never look back. And he will never sniff another WS or MVP again. Donít worry, you know Iíll be around to remind you when this happens. Thereís a reason 5 different teams needed a 3B this off season and nobody wanted him except the desperate Nats lol.
    All I'm gonna point out to you is this:

    KB was our best player in the World Series in 2016. KB has been our best player almost every year he's been on the team.

    KB will finish this year, most likely, as our best player.

    You, and almost every other Cubs fan, are going to miss KB when he's gone.

    But have fun believing none of that is true.

    Also, about Willy's pitch framing you brought up in another post: People can both say he's the best catcher in baseball AND that his pitch framing can be frustrating. Now, I don't actually know how this new technique is working, or if it is or isn't. We don't actually have ANY data from this year to back it up. So I think people asserting he's doing badly are just going off reputation, which in this case is horrible because he clearly is attempting a completely different technique than he's used in the past, but it's a GDT. What do you expect? When Rizzo grounds into a double play people are gonna complain about his slow ***, too. But he's still a great 1B.
    Last edited by Doogolas; 07-28-2020 at 01:46 PM.

Page 38 of 75 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •