Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 36 of 75 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutPunch33 View Post
    I never said Baez should be a number 3 hitter either, I just said he’s more valuable as a baseball player because he actually plays elite, game changing defense. He also is a better baserunner and a smarter player.

Congrats on your stats, I’m sure you had stats to show me how awesome Heyward was too, don’t worry I’ll be back when it implodes. I’d like to hope this organization learned from its last mistake.
    You mean correcting their mistake of paying the guy whose value comes from baserunning and defense by... Paying a guy whose value comes from baserunning and defense?

Well in this unique season 4 games is like 10 games and my future 300mm man was hitting .059 with no extra base hits through 10 games yeah I’d be pretty damn concerned
    4 games is 4 games. That doesn’t change because the season is shorter. He’s not getting $300 million anyway. It’ll be closer to $200 and he is worth it. He’s the best player on the team.

I never said Baez should be a number 3 hitter either, I just said he’s more valuable as a baseball player because he actually plays elite, game changing defense. He also is a better baserunner and a smarter player.

Congrats on your stats, I’m sure you had stats to show me how awesome Quintana was too, don’t worry I’ll be back when it implodes
    Kris Bryant BsR (baserunning statistic): 22.0
    Javier Baez BsR (baserunning statistic): 12.9

Oh poppycock! Wrong again, my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    You mean correcting their mistake of paying the guy whose value comes from baserunning and defense by... Paying a guy whose value comes from baserunning and defense?
    I’d rather pay a great defensive player and great overall player than a “great” hitter who is barely a top 5 player at his own position and isn’t even an elite hitter which is his “strength”

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    4 games is 4 games. That doesn’t change because the season is shorter. He’s not getting $300 million anyway. It’ll be closer to $200 and he is worth it. He’s the best player on the team.
    Yeah if it’s closer to 200 for 8 years then I’d love to keep him but he’s not nearly as good as he or his agent thinks

Yeah if it’s closer to 200 for 8 years then I’d love to keep him but he’s not nearly as good as he or his agent thinks
    So deep down all that angers you about KB is media reports about how much money he expects to make even though everything he’s ever said is about how much he loves Chicago and how he wants to stay forever and how he wants to talk extension without the team, just like Javy has said. Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    So deep down all that angers you about KB is media reports about how much money he expects to make even though everything he’s ever said is about how much he loves Chicago and how he wants to stay forever and how he wants to talk extension without the team, just like Javy has said. Cool.
    Look at the team friendly deal the Brewers got for Yelich. If he wanted to stay he’d find a way. My guess is that he loves playing in Chicago but he’s tired of dealing with this terrible FO and ownership group. The Cubs played games with him, the Mets didn’t do that crap to Alonso and I promise you he will spend his career in NY unless he implodes as a player

I’d rather pay a great defensive player and great overall player than a “great” hitter who is barely a top 5 player at his own position and isn’t even an elite hitter which is his “strength”
    So...you'd rather pay the defensive player a long term contract despite that fact that defense falls first versus the great hitter, when offense stays longer?

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    So...you'd rather pay the defensive player a long term contract despite that fact that defense falls first versus the great hitter, when offense stays longer?
    KB’s offense won’t stay longer. That’s just my opinion. I think we’ve seen the best of him which was 2016 but I still don’t think we’ve seen the best of Javy. Kris will never be an MVP again in this league.

Look at the team friendly deal the Brewers got for Yelich. If he wanted to stay he’d find a way. My guess is that he loves playing in Chicago but he’s tired of dealing with this terrible FO and ownership group
    So now it's Bryant's fault that he want's to be paid like he should be and not give up money?

How many other people should march into their bosses office and demand a pay reduction then? Should I? Should you? "Hey, Jim, I like my job so much I'd like to make $5,000 less a year. You know, to help you guys out".

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    So now it's Bryant's fault that he want's to be paid like he should be and not give up money?

How many other people should march into their bosses office and demand a pay reduction then? Should I? Should you? "Hey, Jim, I like my job so much I'd like to make $5,000 less a year. You know, to help you guys out".
    But that’s the thing, he wants to be paid like Mookie Betts by reports which isn’t “being paid like you should” dude wasn’t even better than 35 y/o Donaldson last year. I already said if he wants a reasonable 22-25mm a year contract I’m all for it

KB’s offense won’t stay longer. That’s just my opinion. I think we’ve seen the best of him which was 2016 but I still don’t think we’ve seen the best of Javy.
    1) Bryant hit his career line last year. So what is the basis for your "opinion" his offense wont last?
    2) Statistics literally have proven that by the late 20's defense tends to fall off
    3) Plate approach (a batters ability to make contact, not chase pitches, and the like) is one of the skills that lasts the longest and predicts longevity of the bat as proven, again, by statistics.

So...you really have no basis for your opinion other then "That's what I think". Now, are you allowed to have that opinion? Yeah, sure, whatever. But it's grounded in nothing, has zero basis, statistics tell you it's a horrible gamble, and seems to be predicated on "I like Baez more than Bryant so there!"

It's almost assuredly a bad opinion.

But that’s the thing, he wants to be paid like Mookie Betts by reports which isn’t “being paid like you should” dude wasn’t even better than 35 y/o Donaldson last year. I already said if he wants a reasonable 22-25mm a year contract I’m all for it
    Show me one single report that says he wants $35m a year right now. Show me one single thing that Bryant's said that's what he wants.

How much impact will Heyward's 4 yrs 23 per have on what they're able to do going forward, he pretty much handcuffs them from adding an impact bat in RF..

Anyone think if the Cubs eat about 5-6 per, they might be able to move him or would it take more then that

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    How much impact will Heyward's 4 yrs 23 per have on what they're able to do going forward, he pretty much handcuffs them from adding an impact bat in RF..

Anyone think if the Cubs eat about 5-6 per, they might be able to move him or would it take more then that
    It would take immensely more then that. To get rid of Heyward right now you're probably going to have to buy him out down to $8m a season. Or add in considerable prospects.

Page 36 of 75 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast