Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 62 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    I have an issue with what Kelly did on so many levels.
    1) Ignoring everything else, Kelly, was not on the Dodgers in 2017
    2) Ignoring everything else, Kelly was on a team who was punished for cheating. He has no moral high ground to start yelling at Correa like he does
    3) Get over it. It was literally years ago. It's done. Throwing at a guy now doesn't change what happened in 2017. You don't get a bonus run in the WS then for every Astro you hit now.
    4) Guys are going to get hurt. Get over it before someone legitimately is hurt.

End result, Joe Kelly can get bent as much as the Astros from 2017 and everyone else who feels the need to consistently drag this out, throw at guys, and who can't move the hell on. Stop being the bitter ex-boyfriend. She cheated on you, she was a bad person. Maybe she still is. Maybe she feels bad and really won't do it again. It honestly doesn't matter any more, she's out of your life. Stop texting her at 3am "**** off". It's done. Go find a new girlfriend and let her get on with her life, too.

Play baseball in 2020. Stop trying to change the past by throwing baseballs at guys today.
    1) Nobody in baseball had to be on that team to be pissed off. But it is worth mentioning that I believe the Red Sox lost to the same cheating Astros in the ALDS.

2) Sure. Not all cheating is the same. The level the Astros cheating went to was on another planet from what everyone else is known to have done.

3) Don't think that's fair at all. People are allowed to be pissed.

4) Agreed. Don't like throwing at anyone.

Just completely disagree with the second to last paragraph . A lot of people got ****ed over in that. They have every right to be pissed. If we had lost to Cleveland in 2016 and we found out later they cheated their way to the championship, I'd NEVER be able to let that **** go.
    Last edited by Doogolas; 07-29-2020 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doogolas View Post
    1) Nobody in baseball had to be on that team to be pissed off. I believe the Red Sox lost to the same cheating Astros in the ALDS.

2) Sure. Not all cheating is the same. The level the Astros cheating went to was on another planet from what everyone else is known to have done.

3) Don't think that's fair at all. People are allowed to be pissed.

4) Agreed. Don't like throwing at anyone.

Just completely disagree with the second to last paragraph . A lot of people got ****ed over in that. They have every right to be pissed. If we had lost to Cleveland in 2016 and we found out later they cheated their way to the championship, I'd NEVER be able to let that **** go.
    The Red Sox also won a World Series in 2018, with Joe Kelly on the team, who would have 100% known they were cheating, as well. Flat out, he has no right. In 2018 did he raise alarm bells? Did he do anything? Doesn't seem like it. Seems like he let the moment of being on the Dodgers let him act like the Astros were the bad guys. It seems hypocritical as hell for Kelly to be acting that way when he was apart of another team, punished for doing the same stuff.

You can disagree all you want on it, but it's over. People get ****ed over in life all of the time. It's how things work. When you get ****ed over in life, you can either hold a grudge, kick and scream, call someone names, and refuse to give it up...or you can move on. It's 2020. It is over. Calling people little *****es, making faces, and acting like impetuous children on the baseball field is childish and stuck in the past. The 2017 World Series is done. It's over. You can strike out Correa and be excited, all for it, but be excited you struck out a really good hitter in a tight game in a season with tighter than normal margins. Don't knight yourself the savior of 2017 by throwing at hitters, and acting like that strikeout is somehow retribution.

Nothing anyone does can change the outcome of 2017 at this point. Houston won a W.S. I do believe the cheating probably aided marginally, though there's studies out there, for the regular season, that show the Astros didn't really have a major benefit over a long course, but I also understand that's large sample size. In small ones, it can effect more greatly.

Simply put, I wouldn't hold a grudge if the Indians had done that to the Cubs. I've been over this whole Astros thing since the start. They were dicks. **** 'em. Lots of other teams did it. Doesn't make them right either, doesn't negate what the Astros did. Having company in doing wrong, makes you all equally wrong. But it's also 2020. It's over. It's past. Move on. Their transgressions are done. And nothing can change that they did them, retribution can be had by beating them on the scoreboard.

Life is a lot longer than holding petty grudges. Sport is similar. The game of baseball will go on. The season of 2020 will go on. The grudge should be left. Beat the 2020 Astros because they're on the schedule. Not because of what the 2017 Astros did.

You can have your opinion. You won't change mine.

The Red Sox also won a World Series in 2018, with Joe Kelly on the team, who would have 100% known they were cheating, as well. Flat out, he has no right. In 2018 did he raise alarm bells? Did he do anything? Doesn't seem like it. Seems like he let the moment of being on the Dodgers let him act like the Astros were the bad guys.

You can disagree all you want on it, but it's over. People get ****ed over in life all of the time. It's how things work. When you get ****ed over in life, you can either hold a grudge, kick and scream, call someone names, and refuse to give it up...or you can move on. It's 2020. It is over. Calling people little *****es, making faces, and acting like impetuous children on the baseball field is childish and stuck in the past. The 2017 World Series is done. It's over. You can strike out Correa and be excited, all for it, but be excited you struck out a really good hitter in a tight game in a season with tighter than normal margins. Don't knight yourself the savior of 2017 by throwing at hitters, and acting like that strikeout is somehow retribution.

Nothing anyone does can change the outcome of 2017 at this point. Houston won a W.S. I do believe the cheating probably aided marginally, though there's studies out there, for the regular season, that show the Astros didn't really have a major benefit over a long course, but I also understand that's large sample size. In small ones, it can effect more greatly.

Simply put, I wouldn't hold a grudge if the Indians had done that to the Cubs. I've been over this whole Astros thing since the start. They were dicks. **** 'em. Lots of other teams did it. Doesn't make them right either, doesn't negate what the Astros did. Having company in doing wrong, makes you all equally wrong. But it's also 2020. It's over. It's past. Move on. Their transgressions are done. And nothing can change that they did them, retribution can be had by beating them on the scoreboard.

Life is a lot longer than holding petty grudges. Sport is similar. The game of baseball will go on. The season of 2020 will go on. The grudge should be left. Beat the 2020 Astros because they're on the schedule. Not because of what the 2017 Astros did.

I just don't agree. Which is fine. I don't mind having a problem with throwing balls at people. That shouldn't be happening. But I don't think telling other people how to feel is right either.

Honestly, it shouldn't be hard to understand that just because you can move past things quickly doesn't mean everyone else must or even CAN do that. So I take some level of umbrage with putting it on others to not be upset about something that other people did to them.

And "lots of other teams did it" is also just a ******** claim.

If someone is upset at them, they have every right to be.
    Last edited by Doogolas; 07-29-2020 at 12:41 PM.

Looks like all the Phillies test came back negative for the 2nd straight day . Good news.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

El Mago

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    I mean, yes. But so far they have not done those things at all. Players seem to wear masks until literally the second inning. And then just blow it off.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Marlins should not play another game in MIA IMO. Thatís asking for trouble

El Mago

7/27-7/30: Cubs (2-1) at Reds (1-2) IGT

The Red Sox also won a World Series in 2018, with Joe Kelly on the team, who would have 100% known they were cheating, as well. Flat out, he has no right. In 2018 did he raise alarm bells? Did he do anything? Doesn't seem like it. Seems like he let the moment of being on the Dodgers let him act like the Astros were the bad guys. It seems hypocritical as hell for Kelly to be acting that way when he was apart of another team, punished for doing the same stuff.

I donít agree with throwing at people either, especially at their heads. Mlb needs to start coming down with major suspensions for that kind of stuff and legislate it out of the game. Itís especially important this year since benched clearing in a pandemic is a terrible look. The childish faces was immature but harmless, so if players want to do that, whatever.

That said, if the Indians did it and beat the Cubs, Iíd never get over it. Iíd honestly hold that grudge to the deathbed. I totally understand the Dodgers and their fans being pissed. I try not to hold grudges generally, but thereís a line where itís hard to forgive and move on. In baseball terms stealing a ring off someoneís finger is as far past the line as you can go.
    Last edited by CP_414; 07-29-2020 at 12:55 PM.

I just don't agree. Which is fine. I don't mind having a problem with throwing balls at people. That shouldn't be happening. But I don't think telling other people how to feel is right either.

And "lots of other teams did it" is also just a ******** claim.

If someone is upset at them, they have every right to be.
    I wouldn't say that "lots of other teams did it" is ********. I'm not grasping at straws. Many people around the spot, with knowledge, have raised other alarm bells. Logan Morrison stated that teams such as the "Dodgers, Yankees, Astros and Red Sox" have used video type devices for sign stealing, and has information from first hand accounts. The Yankees were using video devices back since 2015, according to Ken Rosenthal. MLB analyst Ryan Spaeder claims he's been told by unnamed players that "eight or nine" teams were doing similar things to the Astros. Accusations have popped up surrounding Milwaukee, last year. Now, the league only has punished two, and I doubt we hear the full story here. The MLB seems keep to shut the lid on it (ignore the pun), players have stopped talking about it, and these are unverified. What I think is important is this; it's clear with this much smoke, it was never just the Astros and the Red Sox. This is something teams have known about and used for a while. Which teams? Not sure. But I think it's a safe claim to make that "lots of other teams did it". Define "lots" how you want. I think it's clear it's more than 5, and I think it could go as high as "30" in some form of fashion. I'm not equipped to speculate on the specifics, so I'll leave that there. But this is a copycat world. I have a feeling this was pretty widespread.

People can be upset. Go for it. But don't be shocked when people tell you to get over something, too, when you act upon your upset feelings. I'm not saying people can't be mad. I'm saying, get over it, and stop acting like it on the field. There comes a time when you have to say "it's over and none of these actions are helping". Nothing Joe Kelly did last night aided with a single thing. Did it change the 2017 World Series? Nope. Did it help move the Dodgers as a team past it? Pretty sure it didn't. I bet they're still mad today. Did it feel good for a split moment? Sure, but it almost assuredly doesn't alleviate anything.

Listen, we've all had a bad relationship and it ended poorly. I'm sure something in a lot of us has said **** like "call my ex partner a bad name" or "wouldn't it be awesome if you burned all of their stuff they left at my place?" And while all of those things can make you feel better in the moment, the only way you heal from it is to take steps forward and leave the stuff in the past (granted, sometimes with some therapy). The Dodgers, especially, but the league, should start leaving this in 2017. Tough guy baseball is going to get people hurt. Be upset, but don't do it on the field. I don't like throwing at guys. I don't like Joe Kelly making dumb faces and calling people names. Just, move on, please. I want to watch Dodgers vs Astros because it's good baseball teams playing baseball. Not because Joe Kelly wants to be a tough guy.

I wouldn't say that "lots of other teams did it" is ********. I'm not grasping at straws. Many people around the spot, with knowledge, have raised other alarm bells. Logan Morrison stated that teams such as the "Dodgers, Yankees, Astros and Red Sox" have used video type devices for sign stealing, and has information from first hand accounts. The Yankees were using video devices back since 2015, according to Ken Rosenthal. MLB analyst Ryan Spaeder claims he's been told by unnamed players that "eight or nine" teams were doing similar things to the Astros. Accusations have popped up surrounding Milwaukee, last year. Now, the league only has punished two, and I doubt we hear the full story here. The MLB seems keep to shut the lid on it (ignore the pun), players have stopped talking about it, and these are unverified. What I think is important is this; it's clear with this much smoke, it was never just the Astros and the Red Sox. This is something teams have known about and used for a while. Which teams? Not sure. But I think it's a safe claim to make that "lots of other teams did it". Define "lots" how you want. I think it's clear it's more than 5, and I think it could go as high as "30" in some form of fashion. I'm not equipped to speculate on the specifics, so I'll leave that there. But this is a copycat world. I have a feeling this was pretty widespread.

People can be upset. Go for it. But don't be shocked when people tell you to get over something, too, when you act upon your upset feelings. I'm not saying people can't be mad. I'm saying, get over it, and stop acting like it on the field. There comes a time when you have to say "it's over and none of these actions are helping". Nothing Joe Kelly did last night aided with a single thing. Did it change the 2017 World Series? Nope. Did it help move the Dodgers as a team past it? Pretty sure it didn't. I bet they're still mad today. Did it feel good for a split moment? Sure, but it almost assuredly doesn't alleviate anything.

Listen, we've all had a bad relationship and it ended poorly. I'm sure something in a lot of us has said **** like "call my ex partner a bad name" or "wouldn't it be awesome if you burned all of their stuff they left at my place?" And while all of those things can make you feel better in the moment, the only way you heal from it is to take steps forward and leave the stuff in the past (granted, sometimes with some therapy). The Dodgers, especially, but the league, should start leaving this in 2017. Tough guy baseball is going to get people hurt. Be upset, but don't do it on the field. I don't like throwing at guys. I don't like Joe Kelly making dumb faces and calling people names. Just, move on, please. I want to watch Dodgers vs Astros because it's good baseball teams playing baseball. Not because Joe Kelly wants to be a tough guy.
    Cool. There may or may not be other teams doing some form of cheating.

1) The Astros took it to a much more massive scale than anyone else is known to have.

2) Until it's confirmed, I'm not very interested in the fact that some teams "may" have done something. So I will continue to consider the claim ********.

To your third point, yeah, if someone ACTS in a way that is unacceptable, telling them that is fine. But going to straight to, "Get over it," isn't acceptable to me, either. There's room to say, "Hey, I understand why this person is pissed. But that's a ****ed up thing to do."

I just vehemently dislike telling people how they need to feel. And let's not pretend that the Astros didn't do some **** yesterday. Dusty Baker yelled at Kelly and called him, "a little ****er" earlier in that same inning. People act immature. It's fine and it happens. And I'll be honest, I love when players **** talk. I think it's hilarious. It's also stupid. But I think it's funny. So I don't care about that bit at all. But I don't care that you don't like it.

The only thing that absolutely shouldn't happen is throwing a ball at someone.
    Last edited by Doogolas; 07-29-2020 at 01:00 PM.

7/27-7/30: Cubs (2-1) at Reds (1-2) IGT

NVM

El Mago

Cool. There may or may not be other teams doing some form of cheating.

1) The Astros took it to a much more massive scale than anyone else is known to have.

2) Until it's confirmed, I'm not very interested in the fact that some teams "may" have done something. So I will continue to consider the claim ********.

To your third point, yeah, if someone ACTS in a way that is unacceptable, telling them that is fine. But going to straight to, "Get over it," isn't acceptable to me, either. There's room to say, "Hey, I understand why this person is pissed. But that's a ****ed up thing to do."

I just vehemently dislike telling people how they need to feel. And let's not pretend that the Astros didn't do some **** yesterday. Dusty Baker yelled at Kelly and called him, "a little ****er" earlier in that same inning. People act immature. It's fine and it happens.

The only thing that absolutely shouldn't happen is throwing a ball at someone.
    I said they can feel upset. Word for word.

But on the field, they need to let it be. So I didn't tell them how to feel. I said how they should act upon playing a baseball game. Joe Kelly isn't a knight in shining armor. He looked like a whiny baby to me. Who should save that **** for off the field.

Acting immature is not fine. Be definition, it's not. Dusty Baker should also be told to act like an adult. But he's also not being lauded by fans across the sport like Kelly is.

I said they can feel upset. Word for word.

But on the field, they need to let it be. So I didn't tell them how to feel. I said how they should act upon playing a baseball game.
    I was agreeing with you. And then explaining where my disagreement came from to begin with.

It's really just too bad there aren't any fans in the stands so the Astros players can atleast get heckled non stop during every single road game.

Page 62 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast