Page 40 of 75 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

7/27-7/30: Cubs (2-1) at Reds (1-2) IGT

2016 World Series Champions!!!

https://twitter.com/bnightengale/sta...087619585?s=21

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

El Mago

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    That’s ****ing stupid, IMO.

How is it fair for a team to play 60 games and not get into a playoff spot, because a team had a higher winning percentage by playing 4-6 fewer games?
    I would agree it’s unfair but at the same time we have to accept that in order to finish the schedule they may have to consider options like these . It is what it is . I think this year we take what we can in to get some baseball

El Mago

Quote Originally Posted by Dfan25 View Post
    I would agree it’s unfair but at the same time we have to accept that in order to finish the schedule they may have to consider options like these . It is what it is . I think this year we take what we can in to get some baseball

Hypothetical scenario:

Would you be ok if the Cubs (who played a full 60 game season) missed the playoffs because they had a worse winning percentage than the Marlins (who played 52 games)?

I’d be ****ing livid if I was the Cubs.

Make them play DHs to get a full 60 games in.
    Last edited by CubsRule08; 07-28-2020 at 03:57 PM.

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Hypothetical scenario:

Would you be ok if the Cubs (who played a full 60 game season) missed the playoffs because they had a worse winning percentage than the Marlins (who played 52 games)?

Make them play DHs to get a full 60 games in. Anything less than that, and there was no point in even playing at all.
    I mean, yeah, kinda. But at the same time, if the Cubs miss out of the playoffs on that scenario, it will mean the Cubs finished with the 3rd best record in the NL central (at best), and two teams in 3rd place finished with better records than the Cubs, considering 8 teams of 15 will make the playoffs in the NL this year.

At that point, the best they could have finished is 9th. At what point do you have to say...well we did this to ourselves? Frankly, it's the Cubs job to win their games they have on the schedule. And it you have the 9th best record in the NL, then **** off, you can't really be mad at anyone.

This is a weird year, more teams are making the playoffs, the season is 1/3rd the length, and some teams may not even play that many. It kind of is what it is and you just have to shrug your shoulders and go with it.

Hypothetical scenario:

Make them play DHs to get a full 60 games in. Anything less than that, and there was no point in even playing at all.
    Of course I would be upset and it’s unfair but to get some sort of season in they will need to consider stuff like this . They will do everything in their power to get 60 in but it may be impossible for some teams to do so. We could have PPD because of weather on top of COVID related suspensions and they are already thin in terms of days in the schedule anyway .

El Mago

Hypothetical scenario:

It is what it is this year.

I’d be livid about the expanded playoffs and the runner on 2nd in extra innings in a normal year too. This year my take is basically “whatever.”

They shouldn’t force a bunch of extra flights to make up more games than necessary. The marlins will miss a week in a 2 month season. That’s tough to make up.

OK, here's some good news: CNBC just reported that since last Friday MLB has administered 32,000 tests and only 99 have come back positive.
    Last edited by Seyton; 07-28-2020 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    It is what it is this year.

I’d be livid about the expanded playoffs and the runner on 2nd in extra innings in a normal year too. This year my take is basically “whatever.”

They shouldn’t force a bunch of extra flights to make up more games than necessary. The marlins will miss a week in a 2 month season. That’s tough to make up.
    They should make the Marlins forfeit any games they miss. Or they should be calling up everyone from AAA. Either way, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference from the regular Marlins anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Seyton View Post
    OK, here's some good news: CNBC just reported that since last Friday MLB has administered 32,000 tests and only 99 have come back negative.
    I mean if only 99 have comeback negative we are in trouble

[emoji3]

El Mago

Quote Originally Posted by Seyton View Post
    They should make the Marlins forfeit any games they miss. Or they should be calling up everyone from AAA. Either way, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference from the regular Marlins anyway.
    There's no such thing as AAA this year. If you're not on that 60 man roster, you can't play, I'm fairly certain. Plus, I don't think the smartest choice is to introduce new players into a lockerroom with guys who have exploded in their Covid-19 positive rates. That's a recipe for disaster.
    Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 07-28-2020 at 04:19 PM.

https://twitter.com/m_sheldon/status...337327107?s=21

El Mago

Quote Originally Posted by Dfan25 View Post
    https://twitter.com/m_sheldon/status...337327107?s=21

That...doesn't sound good.

Cubs also haven’t announce a lineup
    Hopefully nothing fishy is going on

El Mago