Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bears deal Shaheen to Dolphins for conditional 6th rounder

I'm anticipating we're not getting that 6th in return, but honestly I hope he can stay healthy and perform well

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Good news is Miami's TE Room is so bad Behind Mike Gesicki as long as he is healthy Shaheen probably makes the roster.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Good riddance. What a terrible draft pick.

It's a conditional 7th apparently

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Looks like it is a 7th round pick that could become a 6th

Horrible draft pick for sure, but glad they were able to recoup something at least.

Worse pick of Paces career, IMO. The white and Trubisky picks at least made sense and both were widely considered BPA. The Shaheen pick was just bad and was a major reach.

Just a preface, I know 95% Shaheen is a bust.

Trades like this piss me off. What's a conditional 6th/7th rounder going to give you? Likely nothing. You believed in this guy enough to draft him in the 2nd. Dump him for a 7th maybe a 6th? I'd much rather give him another camp and cut him if need be. You find just as many guys in the 6th-7th as you do in undrafted FA. Those picks are almost worthless, especially the way the Bears draft.

Did we need to save 700k on a minimum roster spot instead of finding out in another camp if Shaheen is for sure garbage? "2nd round potential" now he's healthy going into camp, and we dump him for nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by ds637 View Post

Trades like this piss me off. What's a conditional 6th/7th rounder going to give you? Likely nothing. You believed in this guy enough to draft him in the 2nd. Dump him for a 7th maybe a 6th? I'd much rather give him another camp and cut him if need be. You find just as many guys in the 6th-7th as you do in undrafted FA. Those picks are almost worthless, especially the way the Bears draft.

Did we need to save 700k on a minimum roster spot instead of finding out in another camp if Shaheen is for sure garbage? "2nd round potential" now he's healthy going into camp, and we dump him for nothing?
    I think the odds of Shaheen not being garbage are equal to the odds whoever we draft with the pick we traded for will be. Guys who get traded for what Shaheen did are guys who weren't gonna make the roster or have PT to shine anyway.

Personally, I'm thrilled we got anything.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by ds637 View Post

I dont like to look at it this way. Yes that 6th is likely to be nothing. Probably a 95% chance. But there is a shot you get something out of it?

I mean pace traded a 6th to move up and get Kwitkowski.... a 6th to move up for Eddie jackson. A 7th for our hopefully consistent Kicker.

If the coaching staff and Nagy felt like he wasnt going to work out.... After 2 years and on the last leg of his deal. Let him go.

Im still quite worried about our TE room and depth. I really would love to see us sign somebody a little more sure fire as depth because Im not sold on Kmet being good in year 1.... which leaves 33yo greham and Harris.

But i in no wat feel bad about letting Shaheen to for a 6th or 7th. To me as bibs states the odds are about the same he just figures it out as you hit on that pick.

And Hell if he does work out he is a FA next year anyway and isnt back here. You would rather take a 5% chance that you get one year of shaheen than a 5% chance you get 3 or 4 years of another player down the road

To me its a bit short sited. Hell I think even if you put 5% odds shaheen could turn it around.... its probably only a 1-2% chance he can beat out harris. Much less see any playing time to prove himself.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    I think the odds of Shaheen not being garbage are equal to the odds whoever we draft with the pick we traded for will be. Guys who get traded for what Shaheen did are guys who weren't gonna make the roster or have PT to shine anyway.

Personally, I'm thrilled we got anything.
    To get a pick for a guy the Bears probably would have cut is a win, imo.
    Screw sabermetics.

The TE decision that bothers me the most s cutting Burton. We didn't save much of anything. A healthy Burton actually makes this TE group really well rounded and solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    To get a pick for a guy the Bears probably would have cut is a win, imo.
    Exactly .. it is like you bought something for a prospective hobby for $200, it never really works and it sits in the garage for 3 years. You are about to put it out in the curb and someone offers you $10 and will give you another $10 if they can get it to work. Still a ****** deal, but $10 is better than $0

I remember actually liking this pick because he tested decently for a guy this size and looked imposing on tape. This is exactly why you have to factor level of competition into your evaluation. Once he was a pro he looked slow, clumsy, and unfortunately was pretty fragile.

Awful pick. Truly one of Pace's worst. Getting anything for him is a win at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I remember actually liking this pick because he tested decently for a guy this size and looked imposing on tape. This is exactly why you have to factor level of competition into your evaluation. Once he was a pro he looked slow, clumsy, and unfortunately was pretty fragile.

Awful pick. Truly one of Pace's worst. Getting anything for him is a win at this point.
    Being compared to Gronkowski and even nickname "Baby Gronk" did not help him, at all. Shaheen is an example of why people should not make snap judgement after the draft. You need a few years to see how these players developed.
    Screw sabermetics.

This pick is exactly the reason I hate why Pace drafts projects from lower level schools.. They RARELY pan out.. I'd much rather draft consistently from the power 5 schools.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast