Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Question to those of you that knock Adams:
    Has it ever crossed your mind that if Joe D doesn't promise that he will pay Adams this year and then pull a disappearing act on Jamal, that things wouldn't have went down this path?

Why is it all Adams fault, just because he wants that promise to be kept.
    Where was the communication to Adams, if the plan to pay him this year had changed?

But again, it must be the players fault because the team name matters most.
    Lie to the players all you want, because the team name is all that matters.

Is it really so hard to see that the Jets management mishandled this from the beginning, and things snowballed from there.
    Did Adams escalate things once he realized he was getting screwed over, yes, but there is no escalation if things are handled properly from the beginning.
    Which they weren't.

Like it or not, FACTS.

So where is the outrage on that?
    Nope, it's all on Adams because he wanted the payday that was promised to him.
    How dare he.
    Waaaa...talk about crying a river guy!

Jamal Adams Traded to Seahawks

**** Jamal Adams.

He said he wanted to be here and then completely reversed his stance. He wasn’t loyal at all.

Glad Joe was able to get a haul out of this awful situation that Adams created.

Quote Originally Posted by lamonster View Post
    Waaaa...talk about crying a river guy!
    Yup, talk about crying a river guy!

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    **** Jamal Adams.

He said he wanted to be here and then completely reversed his stance. He wasn’t loyal at all.

Answer post #30.

I was looking at the cap list and it shows that Seattle is paying Adams only 890,000 and the Jets have a 6m dead cap charge for this year. Can that be right?

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    **** Jamal Adams.

I don't agree with that.
    I think he wanted to be here. Then Gase was hired. He tried to be optimistic. They said they would give him a new contract. They didn't. They said he would be a jet for life and didn't offer a contract.
    My guess is Gase never really got involved in any of it and that pissed him off more. Then Woody makes some stupid comments that set Adams off even more.
    He's honest about Gase in an interview.

he got his trade.

I think if they had given him a deal, he would have fallen into line.

I don't like how it turned out but to the last breath, he complimented the jets fans and said he'd love to be here.

I believe that Gase and Woody are the issues that drove him out the door.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by flfan1943 View Post
    I was looking at the cap list and it shows that Seattle is paying Adams only 890,000 and the Jets have a 6m dead cap charge for this year. Can that be right?
    Yes, Jets are on the hook for some of the payment.

This hapoens during some trades.

Plus McDougal carries a 3.6m cap charge.
    He's also a FA after the season.
    Last edited by MrX27; 07-26-2020 at 06:12 PM.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Meh, either way I don't think it's a big deal for this year.
    It would be nice to have the loot for sure but we aren't contending this year and I doubt we sign anyone else.

Ignorance is bliss

Yes, they paid his signing bonus.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Jamal Adams Traded to Seahawks

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I don't agree with that.
    I think he wanted to be here. Then Gase was hired. He tried to be optimistic. They said they would give him a new contract. They didn't. They said he would be a jet for life and didn't offer a contract.
    My guess is Gase never really got involved in any of it and that pissed him off more. Then Woody makes some stupid comments that set Adams off even more.
    He's honest about Gase in an interview.

he got his trade.

I think if they had given him a deal, he would have fallen into line.

I don't like how it turned out but to the last breath, he complimented the jets fans and said he'd love to be here.

I believe that Gase and Woody are the issues that drove him out the door.
    If Adams wanted to be here long term, he should have realized that he was much more likely to outlast a head coach that hasn’t won anything here yet, especially for a franchise that seemingly changes head coaches a few times every decade. Adams had 2 more years left on his deal, he could have gotten his contract after this season. There was 0 incentive for the Jets to give him a big contract right now.

However, Adams’ leadership has been greatly overstated. Adams led by being a great player. He was not a beloved figure in the locker room and I’m not sure how many teammates will be sad to see him go. They will miss his ability on the field but not his act off it. Adams became more and more about himself over the team from his social media “Prez” persona to screaming at his teammates on the sideline in Jacksonville last year.

It was also evident at the way he handled the trade deadline talks last year. It was no secret Adams was trying to get to the Cowboys behind the scenes. Then, he acted like he had been wronged by the Jets. When he spoke to the press, he actually said he would “love” to be on the Cowboys. That did not sit well with teammates.
    NY Post

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    NY Post
    Was this ever said while he was here?

If Adams wanted to be here long term, he should have realized that he was much more likely to outlast a head coach that hasn’t won anything here yet, especially for a franchise that seemingly changes head coaches a few times every decade. Adams had 2 more years left on his deal, he could have gotten his contract after this season. There was 0 incentive for the Jets to give him a big contract right now.
    Ahem....The Jets management PROMISED him a new contract this year.

You keep failing to address this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Either way, I hope he does well and the Seahawks go 0-16 for the next 2 years.
    This made me laugh

Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Ahem....The Jets management PROMISED him a new contract this year.

You keep failing to address this.
    Exactly where and when did the Jets PROMISE him a new contract this year? I honestly have never read that. I always heard they wanted to make him a "Jet for Life" and I always thought it was understood that they would try to sign him after this coming season.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast