Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Sad to see him go but holy balls what a haul!!

David Lombardi
    ⁦‪@LombardiHimself‬⁩

Beyond that, Jamal Adams wants a new contract and thatís going to eat into Seattleís cap space. This is reminiscent of the ďall-inĒ moves the Rams made, except now the salary-cap isnít expected to skyrocket.

Honestly, who the hell cares that he's gone? He's a safety that we just turned into 2 1st Rd picks. He was a very good player but turned into a complete dumpster fire off the field. And on the plus side I won't be reminded of how we picked him over CMC, Watson, and Mahomes every game.

Rippin' lips son!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    We got a safety in return. No one great but there's a body.

Bell shredded Adams. Adams recruited him, telling him how great it was and what they would build. Then jumped ship. Bell basically called him fake as hell.
    I love the kid as a player and on the. field he's the real deal but this last few weeks? Yeah, talking out both sides of his mouth

I agree, I really hope this was Joe's call. I have to think Woody put some pressure on him and so did Gase but the guy got a great deal.
    Wonder if Bell is next to go.

Bell and Poole arenít supporting Adams with Bell actually calling him out.

Great haul by JD.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

I think the haul is incredible.. Adams has worn out his welcome even though he had some legit criticism regarding Gase and the Johnsons. At the end of the day I donít think he would have signed here for less than 20 mil a year and I just donít see that as worth it for him considering he constantly complains..

Wat makes the trade great to me is this;

I honestly see the NFC west as the most competitive division in the NFL these next 2 years.. I think the 49ers will handedly take that division both years, but after them the Seahawks will have tough competition with the Rams and Cards for the next slot. While I donít expect these picks to be top 5 or top 10, I think they both can realistically be between 15-20 and there is going to be great value to be had in that range.

Not to mention that Mcdougal has really good ball skills and can make an impact on our defense..

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Bell and Poole arenít supporting Adams with Bell actually calling him out.

Great haul by JD.
    Bell ripped him. I don't blame him. Adams begged him to play here and then left.
    Bell is in a crappy situation because he trusted Adams

Ignorance is bliss

Another thing I haven't seen mentioned yet is Gregg Williams impact on Adams' production. He was already a pro-bowl player before Williams, but Williams scheme, allowing Adams to play as an in the box safety may have turned a pro bowler into an all-pro. This is not a shot at Adams, I just wonder if he will be a 6 1/2 sack guy next year on Seattle. If he isn't, then he comes back closer to the pack with the rest of the strong safeties out there.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by lamonster View Post
    Another thing I haven't seen mentioned yet is Gregg Williams impact on Adams' production. He was already a pro-bowl player before Williams, but Williams scheme, allowing Adams to play as an in the box safety may have turned a pro bowler into an all-pro. This is not a shot at Adams, I just wonder if he will be a 6 1/2 sack guy next year on Seattle. If he isn't, then he comes back closer to the pack with the rest of the strong safeties out there.

Awesome point. I think he will be as impactful with them. I think Carrol thinks out of the box (NPI) and will set him up for success.
    He may get more opportunities.

Either way, I hope he does well and the Seahawks go 0-16 for the next 2 years.

What is also exciting is to see what Williams does now with Maye and Davis.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Awesome point. I think he will be as impactful with them. I think Carrol thinks out of the box (NPI) and will set him up for success.
    He may get more opportunities.

Either way, I hope he does well and the Seahawks go 0-16 for the next 2 years.

What is also exciting is to see what Williams does now with Maye and Davis.
    Thanks pal! Plus, Douglas has been on record saying he wants to build a great culture. That's kind of hard to do with the way Adams was acting. I can't say enough good things about Douglas at this point (how much better does taking Davis in the third round look now btw)? The bigger and scarier question is will Gase shock us and turn into a good coach? That jury is still very much out on that one!

Mosely was going to the focus of the defense before he got injured.

The Jets received a 1st round pick for each interception that Jamal had for his career.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

People really trying to act like Adams wasn't as good as he was.
    Just because he's no longer here, doesn't mean you have to try and discredit his accomplishments.

Funny that on his way to Seattle, Adams made sure to send love to the Jets fans, only for some of them to turn their back on him.

True colors aren't just green, black and white, but some of you would never understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    People really trying to act like Adams wasn't as good as he was.
    Just because he's no longer here, doesn't mean you have to try and discredit his accomplishments.

Funny that on his way to Seattle, Adams made sure to send love to the Jets fans, only for some of them to turn their back on him.

True colors aren't just green, black and white, but some of you would never understand that.
    First off, what bizzaro universe do you live in! Who here has knocked his talent? All the posts I have read say he was a great player on the field, but acted like a baby off of it. As far as his 'canned' send off to Jet fans go, he can take that and shove it you know where. Actions speak louder than words. Us suffering fans want guys who want to be here and help build something. Adams looked the part, but we can see he's all about the green (and it's not Jet green!)

Lastly, I can't stand it when people think they are the only ones who take the moral high ground. Spare me the "true colors" mumbo jumbo. This is strictly about being fans of a team, nothing more, nothing less. As fans, we are going to cherish the name on the front of the uniform, not the back, especially when that player quits on the organization and us, the fan base, over money.

First off, what bizzaro universe do you live in! Who here has knocked his talent? All the posts I have read say he was a great player on the field, but acted like a baby off of it. As far as his 'canned' send off to Jet fans go, he can take that and shove it you know where. Actions speak louder than words. Us suffering fans want guys who want to be here and help build something. Adams looked the part, but we can see he's all about the green (and it's not Jet green!)

Lastly, I can't stand it when people think they are the only ones who take the moral high ground. Spare me the "true colors" mumbo jumbo. This is strictly about being fans of a team, nothing more, nothing less. As fans, we are going to cherish the name on the front of the uniform, not the back, especially when that player quits on the organization and us, the fan base, over money.
    Cry me a river.

Who said anything about knocking his talent....can you read?
    Accomplishments and talent are 2 totally different things.

Canned send off.....interesting considering what Adams had to say to McDougal.
    https://jetswire.usatoday.com/2020/0...trade-to-jets/

Thanks for making this easy to prove.
    Good luck with your feelings in your bizzaro universe.
    Last edited by MrX27; 07-26-2020 at 02:13 PM.

Question to those of you that knock Adams:
    Has it ever crossed your mind that if Joe D doesn't promise that he will pay Adams this year and then pull a disappearing act on Jamal, that things wouldn't have went down this path?

Why is it all Adams fault, just because he wants that promise to be kept.
    Where was the communication to Adams, if the plan to pay him this year had changed?

But again, it must be the players fault because the team name matters most.
    Lie to the players all you want, because the team name is all that matters.

Is it really so hard to see that the Jets management mishandled this from the beginning, and things snowballed from there.
    Did Adams escalate things once he realized he was getting screwed over, yes, but there is no escalation if things are handled properly from the beginning.
    Which they weren't.

Like it or not, FACTS.

So where is the outrage on that?
    Nope, it's all on Adams because he wanted the payday that was promised to him.
    How dare he.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast