Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Michael Thomas Trade?

I wonder what it would take?
    Deandre Hopkins went for free basically, but Diggs went for a late first plus a 4th (2021), 5th, and 6th. I thought the Bills gave up a lot at the time, but Diggs comes with a favorable contract too

https://www.totalprosports.com/2020/...-saints-trade/

I think I’d be thrilled if we could do Seattle’s 1st rounder plus a couple late rounders. As much as I like that Seattle pick to get a TE or nasty IOL, Michael Thomas would solidify the WR group. We could trade our 2nd rounder to move into the late first if Freiermuth or Pitts are there

Thomas, Mims, Crowder, Freiermuth OH MY

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    I wonder what it would take?
    Deandre Hopkins went for free basically, but Diggs went for a late first plus a 4th (2021), 5th, and 6th. I thought the Bills gave up a lot at the time, but Diggs comes with a favorable contract too

https://www.totalprosports.com/2020/...-saints-trade/

I think I’d be thrilled if we could do Seattle’s 1st rounder plus a couple late rounders. As much as I like that Seattle pick to get a TE or nasty IOL, Michael Thomas would solidify the WR group. We could trade our 2nd rounder to move into the late first if Freiermuth or Pitts are there

Thomas, Mims, Crowder, Freiermuth OH MY
    That contract though...

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    I think I'd pass. He is looking a bit like a head case and one with a huge contract. There is a solid list of FAs this yearend with 5 picks in the first 3 rounds, I think we can get at least one more good one.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    That contract though...
    5/100 is not too bad for an elite WR. Also not sure how much comes over as I believe the original team is on the hook for the sign on bonus?

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I think I'd pass. He is looking a bit like a head case and one with a huge contract. There is a solid list of FAs this yearend with 5 picks in the first 3 rounds, I think we can get at least one more good one.
    My concern is, who in their right mind would willingly sign with the Jets. If we can get a proven talent via trade, I think we should do it because I don’t believe any player will come here

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    My concern is, who in their right mind would willingly sign with the Jets. If we can get a proven talent via trade, I think we should do it because I don’t believe any player will come here
    I think some of that concern goes away the moment you get rid of Adam Gase.

With that being said, if the deal is right, why wouldn't the Jets be in on Michael Thomas? I still cannot figure out for the life of me why the Jets weren't big time in on DeAndre Hopkins.

If you look at the Jets as a whole, they as an organization have failed Sam Darnold.
    Eichel Tower

Ehhhh I’m not sure about Thomas, as others said earlier here he’s looking like he may not be all there mentally. Who I wouldn’t mind though honestly is Odell (who is a head case himself) but coming off this ACL injury we might be able to get for a late rounder. And if he’s hungry he could get back into that elite WR tier and if not then he has no more guaranteed money on his deal and we could just cut him. Would be a lot like what we did with B Marsh in 2015.