Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lamonster View Post
    Exactly where and when did the Jets PROMISE him a new contract this year? I honestly have never read that. I always heard they wanted to make him a "Jet for Life" and I always thought it was understood that they would try to sign him after this coming season.
    There are plenty of articles written about it, including 1 previously posted.

Here'a another one:
    https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...j6e-story.html

Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Was this ever said while he was here?
    The Cowboys thing? Or he wasnít liked?

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    The Cowboys thing? Or he wasnít liked?
    Never heard he wasn't a lockerroom guy while he was here, so it soumds like the spin is in, now that he's not.

Hereís the only things I want to point out...

1. We traded a generational talent (donít care if itís not a premium position) before his prime, who we drafted. Wasnít a fan of trading him at all regardless though of the haul.

2. Joe D did say he wanted to keep Adams, but to be fair he did say after the draft and never gave a timetable. Adams took that and wanted a contract NOW. Itís Joe Dís job to look out for the teams future, and with the future being muddy I donít blame the jets FO for waiting for it to clear a bit before investing in another big contract.

3. Jamal went about this wrong, I donít care how great of a player you are you donít throw your coach, GM and team under the bus to get traded. He forced his way out, plain and simple and Iím not happy heís gone but with how he acted thereís no other way.

4. Anyone saying itís Joes fault or even Gases fault Jamal wanted to leave doesnít know whatís going on in that building. I honestly donít put any credibility in anything Jamal told manish because #1 is manish and #2 Jamal was obviously trying to stir the pot to get traded.

5. We got an absolute haul for Adams, considering the fact that Hopkins netted a 4th Joe D killed this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    Hereís the only things I want to point out...

1. We traded a generational talent (donít care if itís not a premium position) before his prime, who we drafted. Wasnít a fan of trading him at all regardless though of the haul.

2. Joe D did say he wanted to keep Adams, but to be fair he did say after the draft and never gave a timetable. Adams took that and wanted a contract NOW. Itís Joe Dís job to look out for the teams future, and with the future being muddy I donít blame the jets FO for waiting for it to clear a bit before investing in another big contract.

3. Jamal went about this wrong, I donít care how great of a player you are you donít throw your coach, GM and team under the bus to get traded. He forced his way out, plain and simple and Iím not happy heís gone but with how he acted thereís no other way.

4. Anyone saying itís Joes fault or even Gases fault Jamal wanted to leave doesnít know whatís going on in that building. I honestly donít put any credibility in anything Jamal told manish because #1 is manish and #2 Jamal was obviously trying to stir the pot to get traded.

5. We got an absolute haul for Adams, considering the fact that Hopkins netted a 4th Joe D killed this.

The issue is #2.

If Joe D wanted to "wait", why didn't he relay that to Adams.
    All issues stem from management's lack of communication.

Just because you don't like Jamal's point of view, doesn't mean it isn't true.
    If you wish to dispute Mehta's take, that is fair game. Problem is, why would Adams lie in this situation?
    And yeah, after the team lied to his face, and didn't communicate, he was fed up.

Anyway, this would be a great time to point out the Jets traded 5 1st round picks from I believe 2013-2017.
    Adams mistake was expecting management to honor their words, as clearly stability has yet to come to the organization.

This trade will make or break Joe D, and he will have to take this as the single biggest lesson on how not to treat a star player.
    Or the next one will want to leave too.

*We better hope there are no sideline blowups between Sam and Gase this year.
    Just saying.

6. 07-26-2020, 09:47 PM

Never heard he wasn't a lockerroom guy while he was here, so it soumds like the spin is in, now that he's not.
    Jenkins said last year after he pouted about being ďshoppedĒ.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Jenkins said last year after he pouted about being ďshoppedĒ.
    Jenkins said what?

The issue is #2.

If Joe D wanted to "wait", why didn't he relay that to Adams.
    All issues stem from management's lack of communication.

Just because you don't like Jamal's point of view, doesn't mean it isn't true.
    If you wish to dispute Mehta's take, that is fair game. Problem is, why would Adams lie in this situation?
    And yeah, after the team lied to his face, and didn't communicate, he was fed up.

Anyway, this would be a great time to point out the Jets traded 5 1st round picks from I believe 2013-2017.
    Adams mistake was expecting management to honor their words, as clearly stability has yet to come to the organization.

This trade will make or break Joe D, and he will have to take this as the single biggest lesson on how not to treat a star player.
    Or the next one will want to leave too.

*We better hope there are no sideline blowups between Sam and Gase this year.
    Just saying.
    He said he wanted to make Jamal a ďjet for lifeĒ he also said he was focused on the draft first. I donít recall him saying letís do it now. Regardless he should have expressed that to Adams camp, I have said this in another thread. The communication between both sides was trash.

I also donít trust manish, this coming from the guy who started a fake twitter account posting as Gases son trying to stir the pot. Iím sure Adams didnít have the nicest things to say, but manish is known to stretch the truth.

Not disagreeing with you, I wanted Adams to stay. But if you think that Adams didnít do anything wrong here and Gase and Joe D are the only ones at fault then thatís where we disagree.

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    He said he wanted to make Jamal a ďjet for lifeĒ he also said he was focused on the draft first. I donít recall him saying letís do it now. Regardless he should have expressed that to Adams camp, I have said this in another thread. The communication between both sides was trash.

I also donít trust manish, this coming from the guy who started a fake twitter account posting as Gases son trying to stir the pot. Iím sure Adams didnít have the nicest things to say, but manish is known to stretch the truth.

Not disagreeing with you, I wanted Adams to stay. But if you think that Adams didnít do anything wrong here and Gase and Joe D are the only ones at fault then thatís where we disagree.

If someone told you they were going to give you a new deal AND you waited because you trusted their word, but nothing comes your way, you are not going to want to deal with them anymore.

So what is Jamal wrong for:
    That he said he didn't believe Gase is the right guy?
    Based on Gase's prior coaching years and the success of his players once leaving his system, I think Jamal makes a solid point.
    You don't like that he called out woody for his racist/sexist remarks?
    I have no issue with that, that's strictly on woody.

It seems to me that most peoples issue with Jamal is that he did not hold his tongue, while he was deliberately being screwed over by the Jets management.
    I applaud him for speaking his mind, AND perhaps if the Jets management had been outspoken enough to approach Jamal and say "look Jamal, this is what we want to do......" things would have been different.
    Instead they said nothing, non-communicado.

Jamal was insulted because he trusted management would honor their word to him.
    While I do wish Jamal wouldn't have unleashed venom on social media, I understand his position, as trust was gone.

I agree that Jamal did not win public opinion, but he did win "his" battle of morality, and was traded as a result.

Still, 2 1sts a 3rd and a starting FS is a good get, and I don't think Joe D did anything special.
    What the Jets received is par for course.
    Several DBs have gone for multiple top picks, I'd argue Adams is the best of the bunch, therefore he received the best trade compensation package.
    Also keep in mind that this trade with Seattle was apparently a month in the making.
    Last edited by MrX27; 07-27-2020 at 02:28 AM.

The telling sign is not a single Jets player wished him well. Bell called him out and Becton liked a post that he was traded. Now he is complaining the Seahawks put him on a 7 am flight.

There are plenty of articles written about it, including 1 previously posted.

Here'a another one:
    https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...j6e-story.html
    Once again, it doesn't say that he was promised an extension immediately. It is just implying that they intend to give him an extension, but no time table was given. I have always read they wanted to extend him after this coming season. You and Adams may have taken it to mean immediately, but I don't think that is what management had in mind.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Heeeee's gone
    Oh we
    We gotta learn how to face
    He's gone
    Alright
    We gotta learn how to face
    he's gone
    What went wrong????

Ignorance is bliss

Hate to see him traded, but we got 2 first rounders for him. I'll take it. The OBJ trade to Cleveland didn't even get 2 first rounders. Lets be honest, who affects the game more, OBJ or Adams? We made out very good in this trade.

Quote Originally Posted by lamonster View Post
    Once again, it doesn't say that he was promised an extension immediately. It is just implying that they intend to give him an extension, but no time table was given. I have always read they wanted to extend him after this coming season. You and Adams may have taken it to mean immediately, but I don't think that is what management had in mind.
    Ok then, show me an article where the Jets told Adams they only wanted to give him an extension after next season and not this year, at anytime during the past season or leading up to the draft.

Show me that timeline.
    Last edited by MrX27; 07-27-2020 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthJerseyJet View Post
    Hate to see him traded, but we got 2 first rounders for him. I'll take it. The OBJ trade to Cleveland didn't even get 2 first rounders. Lets be honest, who affects the game more, OBJ or Adams? We made out very good in this trade.
    You can't compare OBJ and Adams that way, they play 2 totally seperate positions.

As far as who affects the game more, hard to say.
    Adams has won games defensively and must always be accounted for on every snap. OCs must gameplan around him on the field, he is not your typical safety.

OBJ is a very good WR, but he's not on the elite tier of WRs (Julio, Mike Thomas), the way that Adams is as a DB.

Hence, Adams requiring a better compensation package via trade.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast