Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 125
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    50,572
    From Joe Douglas

    Rich Cimini
    @RichCimini

    17m
    On why Douglas didn't give Adams a contract extension: "Weren't in position to do anything immediately," citing uncertainty with cap and history of how rare it is w/ extensions for defensive players. #jets

    Joe also said he never said they were going to give Adams a contract this off season.

    So basically it is Adams word versus Joe's word.
    I'll stick with Trader Joe's word.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In your Mind
    Posts
    9,440
    Joe D waited until Adams was traded to open his mouth, wouldn't say it to his face.


    Adams has no reason to lie, I'll believe Adams.

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In your Mind
    Posts
    9,440
    Where are the players coming to Gase's defense?

    Adams called him out and said he wasn't a good enough coach.

    Is there truth to what Adams said, so that's why no one is sticking up for Gase.
    Where are the team leaders?

    Hmmmmmm.

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    441
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Joe D waited until Adams was traded to open his mouth, wouldn't say it to his face.


    Adams has no reason to lie, I'll believe Adams.
    I have a very simple solution for you. Since you love Adams so much, and trust him over your supposed favorite team's management, then just flip and become a Seahawk fan. I don't know if you just like to troll or not, but you always need to be a contrarian. If everyone says the Jets colors are green, you just have to say they're black and keep arguing about it.

    The facts as we know them are this: Adams is a dynamic, 24 year old budding superstar. The problem is, he clearly did not want to be here. None of us know the real reason why. Maybe he did feel betrayed at last year's trade deadline, maybe he hated Gase, or was just tired of losing. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter, because the guy did not conduct himself the right way. He was taking to social media and slamming the team at every opportunity. I hate to see the talent on the field go, but once again, Douglas has said he is trying to build a great culture, and players conducting themselves the way Adams has, just need to go.

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In your Mind
    Posts
    9,440
    Quote Originally Posted by lamonster View Post
    I have a very simple solution for you. Since you love Adams so much, and trust him over your supposed favorite team's management, then just flip and become a Seahawk fan. I don't know if you just like to troll or not, but you always need to be a contrarian. If everyone says the Jets colors are green, you just have to say they're black and keep arguing about it.

    The facts as we know them are this: Adams is a dynamic, 24 year old budding superstar. The problem is, he clearly did not want to be here. None of us know the real reason why. Maybe he did feel betrayed at last year's trade deadline, maybe he hated Gase, or was just tired of losing. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter, because the guy did not conduct himself the right way. He was taking to social media and slamming the team at every opportunity. I hate to see the talent on the field go, but once again, Douglas has said he is trying to build a great culture, and players conducting themselves the way Adams has, just need to go.


    Dozed off after the 1st sentense, were you trying to make a point.
    No.
    Ok.

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    50,572
    "There were many GMs and coaches that I talked to over the weekend [about the Jamal Adams trade] ... and most, I'd say almost all, felt that the Jets fleeced the Seattle Seahawks."

    ó@diannaESPN


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    50,572
    Quote Originally Posted by lamonster View Post
    I have a very simple solution for you. Since you love Adams so much, and trust him over your supposed favorite team's management, then just flip and become a Seahawk fan. I don't know if you just like to troll or not, but you always need to be a contrarian. If everyone says the Jets colors are green, you just have to say they're black and keep arguing about it.

    The facts as we know them are this: Adams is a dynamic, 24 year old budding superstar. The problem is, he clearly did not want to be here. None of us know the real reason why. Maybe he did feel betrayed at last year's trade deadline, maybe he hated Gase, or was just tired of losing. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter, because the guy did not conduct himself the right way. He was taking to social media and slamming the team at every opportunity. I hate to see the talent on the field go, but once again, Douglas has said he is trying to build a great culture, and players conducting themselves the way Adams has, just need to go.
    Spot on!


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In your Mind
    Posts
    9,440
    Its laughable that people say Adams didn't want to be here AND they don't know why.

    I'll tell you why: The Jets reneged on him.

    Jamal Adams wanted to be a Jet, so when management reneged on a new contract, why would he want to be here.
    Scorched Earth.

    Simple enough for even the special ed kids to get.
    Last edited by MrX27; 07-27-2020 at 07:39 PM.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In your Mind
    Posts
    9,440
    And no, the Jets color is not green.

    The Jets colors are green, black and white.

    Thought you were a fan of the team.

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    50,572
    "I will bank my reputation on Joe Douglas . . . this is the beginning of the turnaround" @BartScott57 on the future of the #Jets.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    50,572
    Rapsheet reported last week that the Jets never said they would give a contract this offseason.

    But by all means believe a guy that calls himself president.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    7,404
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Rapsheet reported last week that the Jets never said they would give a contract this offseason.

    But by all means believe a guy that calls himself president.
    Didn't he also compare himself to Tom Brady?


    Rippin' lips son!!

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In your Mind
    Posts
    9,440
    Haven't you been known to quote a guy that makes fake twitter accounts.

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    68,575
    Quote Originally Posted by lamonster View Post
    I have a very simple solution for you. Since you love Adams so much, and trust him over your supposed favorite team's management, then just flip and become a Seahawk fan. I don't know if you just like to troll or not, but you always need to be a contrarian. If everyone says the Jets colors are green, you just have to say they're black and keep arguing about it.

    The facts as we know them are this: Adams is a dynamic, 24 year old budding superstar. The problem is, he clearly did not want to be here. None of us know the real reason why. Maybe he did feel betrayed at last year's trade deadline, maybe he hated Gase, or was just tired of losing. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter, because the guy did not conduct himself the right way. He was taking to social media and slamming the team at every opportunity. I hate to see the talent on the field go, but once again, Douglas has said he is trying to build a great culture, and players conducting themselves the way Adams has, just need to go.
    [emoji1376]

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In your Mind
    Posts
    9,440
    Damn I'm good.

    It's so easy.
    😎
    Last edited by MrX27; 07-28-2020 at 01:48 AM.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •