Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Most people I talk to say they really want to avoid the Flyers in the playoffs if possible. It's nice to be on that side of things for once...
    so, i have questions about this (assuming they're not taking the piss out of you):

is it a style thing?
    is it just carter hart?
    do they just like some computer numbers?
    is it due to a lack of established postseason pants-******** (ie: people aren't afraid of tampa, toronto, pittsburgh or washington, due to their history of playoff collapsing)?
    have they seen who's in our bottom 6 right now?
    do they know that patrick and lindblom aren't coming back this year?
    are they aware that the coach locked JVR and ghost in the doghouse?
    has anyone told them that kevin hayes is an abomination unto hextall?
    did they know that we're still paying radko gudas, andrew macdonald and ilya bryzgalov?

Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    so, i have questions about this (assuming they're not taking the piss out of you):

is it a style thing?
    is it just carter hart?
    do they just like some computer numbers?
    is it due to a lack of established postseason pants-******** (ie: people aren't afraid of tampa, toronto, pittsburgh or washington, due to their history of playoff collapsing)?
    have they seen who's in our bottom 6 right now?
    do they know that patrick and lindblom aren't coming back this year?
    are they aware that the coach locked JVR and ghost in the doghouse?
    has anyone told them that kevin hayes is an abomination unto hextall?
    did they know that we're still paying radko gudas, andrew macdonald and ilya bryzgalov?
    I think many fans, maybe even flyer fans, don't know we are still paying amac/ilya. But from what I have read from other fans its hart, how hot we have been since january, and how deep the team is. Once I bring up that we don't even have lindblom (i think many fans don't reallize he was our 3rd best player behind couts/tk when he came out of the lineup), patrick, and frost still

good times

and the #1 overall pick goes to....
    3/8 chance it goes to one of edm, penguins, and leafs. There is no way the other teams are going to win lol. Edm has won so many lotteries and they had worse odds then. total bs but it would be amazing if they lose out on the cup and the 1st.

if the flyers win on saturday, they'll play MTL in the first round.
    if they lose, there's a damn good chance they wind up having to play TOR.

i would really rather not play TOR.

same. Stupid cbj. Also if vegas wins against avs then and we win tomorrow we would be the home team in every series lol. How wild haha

Quote Originally Posted by crzyhawk View Post
    Doesn't that give them a better chance at the #1 overall pick?
    Pretty sure they will have one of the worst odds to get it, but it does give the "A" chance.

steaglesso, i have questions about this (assuming they're not taking the piss out of you):

is it a style thing? Our style is suffocating and strong which is part of it, but no...our depth and how hot we have been since the second (or so) month of the season.
    is it just carter hart? No, but our defense and goalies are a lot to do with it.
    do they just like some computer numbers? what?
    is it due to a lack of established postseason pants-******** (ie: people aren't afraid of tampa, toronto, pittsburgh or washington, due to their history of playoff collapsing)? some of them are fans of these teams so no...
    have they seen who's in our bottom 6 right now? depth man...depth
    do they know that patrick and lindblom aren't coming back this year? Yes and they know Patrick doesn't even factor in this season and Lindblom has been out since December...
    are they aware that the coach locked JVR and ghost in the doghouse? doesn't matter....
    has anyone told them that kevin hayes is an abomination unto hextall? Has nothing to do with our playoff chances...
    did they know that we're still paying radko gudas, andrew macdonald and ilya bryzgalov? Again, irrelevant to 'wanting to face the Flyers'

What was the honest purpose of this post? Was it just to whine about what you don't like about our organization or was there supposed to be something of actual value in there? Our coach is literally a Jack Adams favorite and you're upset that he chose not to play JVR or Ghost (by the way won all those games...just sayin). Paying Gudas as part of the Niskanen deal which worked out excellently. Paying Bryz has nothing to do with our current situation since he was a buyout w/ no cap ramifications. A-Mac was an old issue and a good decision to buyout his contract. We're also paying Schlemko if you wanna throw that in there to cry about. Ghost has be a defensive liability when he plays. He has been having problems for the better part of two seasons now. He should be sitting if he's not playing well. Our bottom 6 have been fairly strong with the exception of Thompson who actually played a decent (not good but decent) game against Washington. Patrick has not been here at all so that's irrelevant. Lindblom actually may be coming back according to some reports. Carter Hart is playing well and more consistently but is not the only factor.

It's okay that you don't like to enjoy when our team is playing well, but that was not the point of my post.
    Last edited by LLMunchie619; 08-08-2020 at 12:02 AM.

I agree with this 100%. I think we can take them, but it will be a difficult round. Also, I just read that Voracek is out tomorrow. Deemed unfit to play? Ghost will also play in the spot of Haag. Farabee moves to the top line and JVR comes back to the 3rd line.

While that seems like a large lost with Jake going out, the lightning will be without Stamkos...That's huge...Hopefully we can take advantage and end up fighting MTL in round one! I'm still feeling excited and confident. I can't wait for tomorrow night.

What was the honest purpose of this post?
    it started off as a curiosity because the statement was so...odd, and then like most things, it eventually turned into some light trolling.

I agree with this 100%. I think we can take them, but it will be a difficult round.
    i agree with this. TOR actually seems like a pretty good matchup for the flyers since we can throw couturier at whichever player is hottest, but i'd just rather not deal with a team that has that much high end talent.

it started off as a curiosity because the statement was so...odd, and then like most things, it eventually turned into some light trolling.

i agree with this. TOR actually seems like a pretty good matchup for the flyers since we can throw couturier at whichever player is hottest, but i'd just rather not deal with a team that has that much high end talent.
    Yeah, I figured it was. I feel like I didn't really have much confidence in our team until I heard how worried other teams are about playing us. Then realizing a lot of what they were saying is true, I found out that we are very similar in structure to a lot of past cup winners. Stout defense, solid goaltending and then a good mix of veteran and young forwards.

I feel like AV may have been sitting guys like JVR and Ghost to hopefully light a fire under the butts and get them going. I wouldn't be surprised if JVR plays very well tonight and stays in the lineup when Jake returns.

Does anyone else feel like the coaches randomly played a game of "let's roll some dice and see which of our best players each team has to sit out tonight?" lol Also, protocol states that Lindblom can start playing games as of 4 days straight of negative COVID tests. Presumably this started on Saturday so he would be eligible to leave his hotel room starting on Wednesday. It would be just awesome to see him on the ice in the second round. I think if we get to the ECF he will return.

EDIT: Meant to add that I like our matchup against Toronto as well, but they're just not a team I want to face, because if they get hot and figure out how to play like a team, they can be trouble for any team in the NHL.

I'll take whatever matchup we get. Other teams don't want to play us, plus we weren't expected to do anything in these playoffs.

I feel like AV may have been sitting guys like JVR and Ghost to hopefully light a fire under the butts and get them going. I wouldn't be surprised if JVR plays very well tonight and stays in the lineup when Jake returns.
    AV doesn't strike me as a coach that plays mind games.

i'd say he sets expectations, and when a player fails to meet those expectations, he reacts accordingly. no more, no less.

what you see is what you get.

puck drop tonight at 8:20

AV doesn't strike me as a coach that plays mind games.

i'd say he sets expectations, and when a player fails to meet those expectations, he reacts accordingly. no more, no less.

what you see is what you get.
    I can agree with that, but that doesn't mean it doesn't have that effect. I think there's the accountability factor as well as a motivation factor. I think both of our points go hand-in-hand to be honest.

Goooooooooooooooseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast