Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 187
  1. #106
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    115,358
    our defense is just down right disgusting man... just complete domination

  2. #107
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    9,857
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    our defense is just down right disgusting man... just complete domination
    idk I thought it wasn't the best game played. Capitals were really bad and their d is so bad without carlson. I do like that we can win without our top guys playing well and we can gut through a sloppy game (from both teams). Niskanen, I thought, had a rare off game. Our d and fwds kept doing stupid center ice passes. Probably the wworst game of the playoffs so far from any team lol. Got to play better vs tampa but I like that they played back and finished strong while never really giving capitals anything. Not saying we were awful or anything but we cannot play like that.

  3. #108
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    9,857
    Thought farabee looked good, didn't do too much and made some solid reads on ovi and some passes. Don't like how hagg is getting some of the most minuntes of all the d at 5 on 5. Also do not like our 4th line being used against the top lines.

    This team is awesome right now though. If the top line gets going we will be really hard to beat.

  4. #109
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,723
    Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    idk i still think the pens will win. BUT if they do then we have to do everything we can to get first place in oredr to play them. Pens look god awful right now

    I get we get cap space but if we don't get good value its best to keep him and dump JVR's cap space. Voracek provides far more value than JVR, especially to a contending team
    The 4 seed would play the penguins if the penguins won that series.

    The 1 seed will play Montreal if Montreal wins that series
    "2008 WORLD ****ING CHAMPIONS"

  5. #110
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    9,857
    Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    The 4 seed would play the penguins if the penguins won that series.

    The 1 seed will play Montreal if Montreal wins that series
    ya my bad I meant we have to do everything in order to play montreal. Montrael ain't beating anyone in a 7 game series. However, I do not want to play toronto or cbj (even though I think we can take both of them). If montreal doesnt win today then I want 2nd seed an a matchup with islanders. Tampa can have toronto/cbj. Either way we are in great shape by not playing carolina or penguins (if they win)

  6. #111
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,891
    Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    ya my bad I meant we have to do everything in order to play montreal. Montrael ain't beating anyone in a 7 game series. However, I do not want to play toronto or cbj (even though I think we can take both of them). If montreal doesnt win today then I want 2nd seed an a matchup with islanders. Tampa can have toronto/cbj. Either way we are in great shape by not playing carolina or penguins (if they win)
    But if the bolded is the case, I would like to face them if we were the 1 seed and then maybe had a shot of avoiding a top team from the second round as well. Say Carolina beats Boston (assumed 4th seed)/Washington (assumed 3rd seed). In the second round we could get Carolina rather than facing the other of Boston/Washington. Or say we get super lucky and Tampa loses to the Isles!?! Then we can avoid playing Boston or Washington in round 2. On top of all that, we have a coach who is very smart with matchups and that first line change means a lot. This team looks great right now. I don't know if anyone can hang with us in a 7 game series outside of Boston or Tampa. If our goalies play solid and our defense sures up a couple small things, we should be tough.

    Most people I talk to say they really want to avoid the Flyers in the playoffs if possible. It's nice to be on that side of things for once...
    Last edited by LLMunchie619; 08-07-2020 at 04:15 PM.

  7. #112
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,687
    I'm all for trying to beat Tampa and gaining the #1 seed. Unless Braun or Hagg need a rest as much as I'd like to see Ghost play, I wouldn't change a thing. Nothing against JVR either but he'd sit too. When Raffl can come back you knock Bunny out of the lineup and put Raffl in and let Farabee continue to play.

  8. #113
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,142
    Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    idk I thought it wasn't the best game played. Capitals were really bad and their d is so bad without carlson. I do like that we can win without our top guys playing well and we can gut through a sloppy game (from both teams). Niskanen, I thought, had a rare off game. Our d and fwds kept doing stupid center ice passes. Probably the wworst game of the playoffs so far from any team lol. Got to play better vs tampa but I like that they played back and finished strong while never really giving capitals anything. Not saying we were awful or anything but we cannot play like that.
    The Flyers forced the Caps to be bad. They smothered them defensively. Play the game right or sit in the press box.

  9. #114
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,142
    Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    Thought farabee looked good, didn't do too much and made some solid reads on ovi and some passes. Don't like how hagg is getting some of the most minuntes of all the d at 5 on 5. Also do not like our 4th line being used against the top lines.

    This team is awesome right now though. If the top line gets going we will be really hard to beat.
    Don't you like how it's working out?

  10. #115
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,142
    When I saw that Hayes was going to be a free agent I was hoping that the Flyers would sign him. he's been a beast. Big center that can skate and kill penalties don't grow on trees.

  11. #116
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    9,857
    hahahahahaha penguins lost. WOOOOOW

  12. #117
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    9,857
    Quote Originally Posted by jc27 View Post
    Don't you like how it's working out?
    I do but I think we can make our lineup a bit better. Our bottom 6 centers aren't good and it is showing. Their numbers are pretty bad but if we win im with it. I would like grant as the 4c and frost in but that probably won't happen. Would also like laughton as the 3rd C but that line is on fire so can't mess with it.

  13. #118
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,372
    hahahahahaha penguins lost. WOOOOOW
    and the #1 overall pick goes to....

  14. #119
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    4,695
    Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    hahahahahaha penguins lost. WOOOOOW
    Doesn't that give them a better chance at the #1 overall pick?
    <Meaning and Content>

    ...And did you see that Giroux goal?

  15. #120
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    4,695
    Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    and the #1 overall pick goes to....
    This exactly. NHL has to keep their cash cow bandwagon fans happy. They want their own version of the Patriots.
    <Meaning and Content>

    ...And did you see that Giroux goal?

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •