Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

IGT: August "Finally Hockey"

Well the Flyers have nothing to lose and everything to gain in these 3 games.

...aaaannndd baseball experiences an outbreak with over 12 players testing positive on the Marlins already. Hopefully the bubble is sealed in Toronto and Vancouver for the boys to compete for a cup!!

800 players tested.
    4256 total tests.
    0 positive.

this thing might actually happen.

also, btw:

the flyers are playing tonight, on national TV. it's probably not worth getting excited over.

the quarantine roster
    GOALIES
    Hart, Elliott, Lyon, Ustimenko

DEFENSEMEN
    Provorov, Niskanen, Braun, Friedman, Ghost, Hagg, Myers, Sanheim, Andy Welinski, Egor Zamula

FORWARDS
    G, Coots, Konecny, Hayes, Voracek, JVR, Laughton, Raffl, Lindblom, Grant, Pitlick, Thompson, Andy Andreoff, Aube-Kubel, Bunnaman, Farabee, Frost

We actually looked good in that game. Hayes and Couts looked great and TK looked like he was just a smidge off, but almost there. The rest of everyone else looked like they were on par for the course.

Doing this in Canada is the best move the NHL has made ... such an advantage over all other sports.

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    Doing this in Canada is the best move the NHL has made ... such an advantage over all other sports.
    100%

Didn't get to see the game only highlights. How do they look? Is Jake up to speed or back to trying to get in shape? How did Ghost look coming off of surgery? Did anyone look like they shouldn't have been on the ice?

Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    Didn't get to see the game only highlights. How do they look? Is Jake up to speed or back to trying to get in shape? How did Ghost look coming off of surgery? Did anyone look like they shouldn't have been on the ice?
    I thought they looked ok. All in all I liked what I saw from the team. It looks like they still have their discipline and structure that they played with prior to the cancellation. I liked the aggressive pk, provorov/couts/hayes were sick, and the pp was shooting and moving the puck well. Once the boys get their feet going, guys like pitlick/nak/raffl/tk/farabee will start flying everywhere. I thought ghost played well except for one or two dumb passes. Still not a fan of thompson but I think theey are dead set with laughton on the wing. I would love to see this:

farabee-hayes-tk
    jvr-laughton-pitlick
    raffl-grant-nak

However, I think they really like laughton on wing (I also think he is better as a wing in the middle 6) but it would take thompson out and even the lines out a little more. I thought jvr was really slow and unnoticeable but he usually sneaks in with his production. I was also worried about voracek being out of shape (as he usually is to start the seasons) but he looked fine to me. He was aggressive at certain points and that was nice to see. Goalies looked sharp as well

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    I thought they looked ok. All in all I liked what I saw from the team. It looks like they still have their discipline and structure that they played with prior to the cancellation. I liked the aggressive pk, provorov/couts/hayes were sick, and the pp was shooting and moving the puck well. Once the boys get their feet going, guys like pitlick/nak/raffl/tk/farabee will start flying everywhere. I thought ghost played well except for one or two dumb passes. Still not a fan of thompson but I think theey are dead set with laughton on the wing. I would love to see this:

farabee-hayes-tk
    jvr-laughton-pitlick
    raffl-grant-nak

However, I think they really like laughton on wing (I also think he is better as a wing in the middle 6) but it would take thompson out and even the lines out a little more. I thought jvr was really slow and unnoticeable but he usually sneaks in with his production. I was also worried about voracek being out of shape (as he usually is to start the seasons) but he looked fine to me. He was aggressive at certain points and that was nice to see. Goalies looked sharp as well
    Ah yes. The JVR conundrum. He just always seems to do every little thing wrong. Yet somehow he ends up producing. I won't be upset when I don't need to watch him play anymore
    "2008 WORLD ****ING CHAMPIONS"

Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    Jake looked like he ready. Ghost had his aggression and edges back, he's still not fast, but he's never been fast.

Farabee seemed like the one that was furthest away from his best.

this is not the right time to do another one of these, but i just heard radko gudas's name, so yeah, this is gonna have to happen now:

from may 2019:
    More unpleasent news on the coaching front; Flyers sound ready to hire Michael Therrien as an assistant. He's had some issues in the past, once famously singling out Daniel Briere in a pretty nasty way.

Therrien is another "picks his guys" kind of coach in the same way Vigneault is.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm still gonna root for the Flyers, but Scott, Homer and Fletch are gonna **** this team up beyond repair.
    Yeah I'm not entirely excited about this group in charge right now. It's not shaping up well.

Maybe it'll turn out still. But I'm not excited where the franchise feels is the correct direction.
    They hired Mike Yeo, too. Because, of course Fletcher did.
    It's like a who's who of retreads and failures. Not sure how this is going to all play out.
    I'm starting to worry now. Got a feeling the younger players will be shipped out for vets.
    It sounds like Fletcher is getting rid of Hextall's guys. Well, that's great.
    I'd hate to be anyone on this team right now. Who knows where you might be by next season.
    These hires are really sapping my interest in hockey.
    This is what happens when you hire a mediocre GM. At this rate, we should've just kept Hextall...he wasn't perfect, at least we know he wasn't going to make a gross mistake like this.
    I hate these hires; I hate these rumors

I also now firmly believe that Homer and Hexy crossed words related to firing Hak and wanting to sign coach Q when Hexy didn’t want to ... hence, firing everyone. It was not a spygate issue - it was a “fire the coach refusal” issue.
    T
    his team is reverting back to the days of old with their re-tread, outdated coaching staff....coaches that will hinder the progression of our prospects....a GM who will more then likely move out the youth before being given a chance in the NHL, ala Bobby Clarke....a front office that has no patience in developing a winner the right way.....I can't see this team taking a step forward with this coaching staff....I could be wrong....I hope I'm wrong....but I have a terrible feeling that the days of TK, Provy, Ghost, Sanheim, Coots are going bye bye for guys like Suter, Parise, and other past their prime players overpaid vets....
    So who are the pets of Vigneault, Therrien, and Yeo that we are going to end up with. Almost seems like we hired these coaches so players will want to sign here to play under their coach.
    It's like bizzaro world.

Therrien:Forawards/pp
    Yeo: Defense/pk
    Lappy: pre-scouting
    So the more I read about Therrien, who I'm not a fan of to begin with, the more worried I am that he's going to cause huge problems with our forward group. He seems to be a dick and loves to single players out, sometimes for no reason. This....this may not end well....
    You are ruining our fun.

Stop being a steagles

Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    this is not the right time to do another one of these, but i just heard radko gudas's name, so yeah, this is gonna have to happen now:

from may 2019:
    T
    I really wish you'd leave the names on these quotes.

did anyone else completely forget that WAS has ilya kovalchuk now?

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast