Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

a Chuck Fletcher appreciation (?) thread

We aren't crawling. We are going backwards. At best, we are getting stuck in the mud. No move we have made has been abysmal, but instead, have all been marginally bad or mediocre to date. We may not die from a Taylor Hall/Adam Larsson trade, but we're trending in the "death by a million paper cuts" direction.
    Overall, the Flyers haven't made a single move under the Fletcher regime that at the outset felt "good". Every trade, every coaching hire...they've all been under the "well it could have been worse" guise. Or "well if things go perfectly it might be alright". I'm just upset that the team seems to have no desire to either be creative or solve problems in interesting ways. I feel like the team isn't taking steps into a new era of Flyers hockey when they absolutely should be.
    Fletcher hasn't screwed us royally. But he's done everything to make this an "okay" team. Are we probably a PLAYOFF team? Sure. Probably. But right now, 50+% of the league makes the playoffs. That's not a good standard. The issue is that the team has no concept to date of what makes you a contender. Fletcher had this same issue in Minnesota. He's doing it again. Retread coaches. Mediocre players. Oh boy.
    Chuck Fletcher isn't a disaster in the sense that he's going to make a franchise crushing trade. He's a bad GM because he's unable to do anything but be "fine". And the the thing is; the Flyers have the young assets to be a ****ing great franchise. And he's going to piss it away.
    Fletcher is a TERRIBLE GM. What an awful human.
    Fletcher being Fletcher....A dumbass is as a dumbass does....

This team is going to be mired in medicority as long as Fletcher, Holmgren, and Comcast are pulling the stringgs
    There's no excuse to make bad trades. I'm done with Fletcher.

#****Chuck
    It's time to start the #FireFletcher bandwagon, and I'm leading the train. Chucky Two Trades needs to go.
    I've been driving this bus since day 1. I ****ing hate him. This sucks. This is pitiful

...and there's a lot more, if you want to look for it.

i'm not gonna force anyone to drink the kool aid, or appleagize, or anything like that, but i do think, at this point, it's important for everyone to acknowledge a hard truth: chuck fletcher has earned the benefit of your doubt.

for now.
    Last edited by steagles; 08-02-2020 at 08:20 PM.

luckily for the health of this board, not everyone was so single minded at the time. a breath of fresh air, if you will:

stop whining, you bootlicking cowards.
    as for fletcher on the whole, for all the whining you people are doing about fletcher, he still hasn't gotten rid of a core piece. he didn't trade a 1st round pick for steve eminger; he didn't trade hagg and a 1st round pick to get negotiating rights for kevin hayes.

everything he's traded away has been marginal. yeah, sure, the talbot trade didn't work out; the braun trade appears to have been a bit too rich; he missed out on trouba.

and yet, look at the depth that he's building:
    ghost/braun/hagg are our 5th/6th/7th defensemen.
    laughton/hartman/raffl are our 10th/11th/12th forwards.

there's no more macdonald.
    no more lehtera.
    no more weise.
    no more hakstol.

fletcher has dumped all of your whipping boys, so what are you doing?

you're going after him?

**** off. ****ing insects.
    Welcome back Steagles
    Last edited by steagles; 08-02-2020 at 08:21 PM.

Most of his trades have not been good and the contract he handed out to Hayes is a bitter pill to swallow. Every significant contributor with the except of Hayes and Niskanen were already here. He's definitely benefitted from the fruits of Hextall's labor. Definitely going to be some cap maneuvering he's going to have to do, so I wouldn't be deepthroating Fletcher just let if I were you Steagles. Best thing he has done to date is bring in AV, but he has always had an expiration date, so he will see how this plays out.

Most of his trades have not been good
    pretty sure that getting niskanen rates as an A, despite most of the commentariat here ripping him for it at the time. most of his other trades are of the "garbage in, garbage out" variety.
    the contract he handed out to Hayes is a bitter pill to swallow
    hayes has been a revelation at 2C, and without him, this entire season would have been as lost as nolan patrick.
    Every significant contributor with the except of Hayes and Niskanen were already here.
    and now let's look at the list of FA and trade acquisitions made by fletcher's immediate predecessor, who have made a meaningful impact this year:

jvr

that is all.
    He's definitely benefitted from the fruits of Hextall's labor.
    why stop there? fletcher also benefited from holmgen's acquisitions of giroux, voracek, couturier, ghost, laughton, raffl and hagg.

it's almost like fletcher calmly assessed the situation he walked into, and decided there was a path forward that didn't involve blowing everything to hell for his own edification.
    Best thing he has done to date is bring in AV
    I wouldn't be deepthroating Fletcher just let if I were you Steagles
    let me just take this opportunity to reiterate that i don't think fletcher should be the GM of this team. i think he has too much responsibility as both GM and team president, and for that reason, despite this years' success, i think the flyers' current organizational structure is both unhealthy and unsustainable.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    Most of his trades have not been good and the contract he handed out to Hayes is a bitter pill to swallow. Every significant contributor with the except of Hayes and Niskanen were already here. He's definitely benefitted from the fruits of Hextall's labor. Definitely going to be some cap maneuvering he's going to have to do, so I wouldn't be deepthroating Fletcher just let if I were you Steagles. Best thing he has done to date is bring in AV, but he has always had an expiration date, so he will see how this plays out.

2 things that are a given with you

we could win the cup and you would find a way to complain or **** on trades you dont like

we could lose the cup in a game 7 on a turnover by ghost that would lead to a breakaway and you would still find a way to blame anyone except ghost.

Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    pretty sure that getting niskanen rates as an A, despite most of the commentariat here ripping him for it at the time. most of his other trades are of the "garbage in, garbage out" variety.
    hayes has been a revelation at 2C, and without him, this entire season would have been as lost as nolan patrick.
    and now let's look at the list of FA and trade acquisitions made by fletcher's immediate predecessor, who have made a meaningful impact this year:

jvr

that is all.
    why stop there? fletcher also benefited from holmgen's acquisitions of giroux, voracek, couturier, ghost, laughton, raffl and hagg.

it's almost like fletcher calmly assessed the situation he walked into, and decided there was a path forward that didn't involve blowing everything to hell for his own edification.
    100.let me just take this opportunity to reiterate that i don't think fletcher should be the GM of this team. i think he has too much responsibility as both GM and team president, and for that reason, despite this years' success, i think the flyers' current organizational structure is both unhealthy and unsustainable.
    dont mess up their one way thinking bruh... stop with such logic.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post

2 things that are a given with you

we could win the cup and you would find a way to complain or **** on trades you dont like

we could lose the cup in a game 7 on a turnover by ghost that would lead to a breakaway and you would still find a way to blame anyone except ghost.
    Says the guy that irrationally hates Ghost.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    Says the guy that irrationally hates Ghost.
    hate? more so its a what have you done for me lately kind of thing... for all that talent he shouldnt stink for 2 seasons now... nobody is owed anything.. He has had chance after chance to be that player he was or at least something close to it and he continues to drop the ball.

He's been mostly fine "shrugs". Hagg has played well enough to force him out of the lineup though.