Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    i just really dont want to play tampa.... if we can dodge tampa i think we have a real shot at the cup.

I don't see why we should get rid of voraceck. I doubt we can trade him while getting a really good player in return with his cap. Just trade JVR or let seattle take him, trade or keep ghost..our "moves" in the offseason can literally just be nothing. We are basically acquiring patrick, lindblom, and frost for nothing. Also an improved farabee. We have the assets to make some trades to go after a top 6 player for sure tho ugh
    what makes you think patrick isn't going to retire this summer?
    there's no guarantee lindblom will come back at full strength after a near-death experience.
    farabee disappeared down the stretch.
    frost didn't have any impact this year.
    staal isnt even a top 6 center for his own team lol.
    well then it should be pretty cheap for us to get him then, right.

i'd still be ecstatic if we land jordan staal this summer, but he's not nearly as high up on my list of targets as he was 4 or 5 years ago. the reason i still bring his name up is mostly just because it's funny.

Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    what makes you think patrick isn't going to retire this summer?
    there's no guarantee lindblom will come back at full strength after a near-death experience.
    farabee disappeared down the stretch.
    frost didn't have any impact this year.
    well then it should be pretty cheap for us to get him then, right.

i'd still be ecstatic if we land jordan staal this summer, but he's not nearly as high up on my list of targets as he was 4 or 5 years ago. the reason i still bring his name up is mostly just because it's funny.
    what makes you think patrick isn't going to retire this summer? In my opinion, he has given no indication of him wanting to quit and no indication that he's going to quit. He's coming back and probably could now, but the team is playing it safe. Patrick will likely end up being one of our top two centers in about 3 years. If not, he's a better JVR 2.0 which isn't that bad.
    there's no guarantee lindblom will come back at full strength after a near-death experience. What he went through was not a near-death experience. While it was taxing, most patients come back twice as healthy because they are forced to eat a healthier diet, take care of certain factors (weight, calories, exercise more, etc.), and be more aware of themselves. You have clearly seen his resilience since the start of the process. This is not something we need to be worried about.
    farabee disappeared down the stretch. He did, but...ya know...the down the stretch we were on a 9 game winning streak, which was broken up by a hot goalie in Rask. In the last 10 games he had a goal and two assists while being a +3 and only had a minus rating in one game (CBJ). Right before that he had 4 goals and 2 assists in 5 games. He's young and developing still so he's going to be streaky. Most 19/20 year olds go through this.
    frost didn't have any impact this year. Wasn't really given too much of a leash, but then again, there wasn't really much room on the team to give him consistent time on ice. We aren't going to bring him in to play on the 4th line when he can get more ice time elsewhere and continue his development. I think this is one reason we should move on from Jake tbh. Get Frost more time with the big club and see if he develops while opening some cap space to make a possible TDL deal next year to help in an area of need or improvement.
    well then it should be pretty cheap for us to get him then, right. That's true, but I don't know if the Canes will be wanting to trade their last Staal.....lol

I think that we could conceivably start seeing a change of the guard in Philly this offseason. I think G is likely to stay around, but guys like Jake and Ghost could be gone. With York coming up in the next 1/2 years, Ghosts spot is really not there anymore. I think next season our team could look more like:

G - Couts - TK
    Lindblom - Hayes - Farabee
    Frost - Patrick - Laughton/JVR
    Raffl - Laughton/FA - Sandin (I think he may get a chance next year and could be a find)

Provy-Nisk; Sanheim-Myers (needs contract ext.); Hagg (need contract if he stays)/York/Zamula/Friedman/Hogberg/FA....The thought here though is that if we DO keep Ghost, our depth gets substantially better and working a young guy in becomes easier. Also, another decision is, do we get more value out of an FA or Ghost (at a decent price). Ghost can very possibly return to form once he gets his head right. lol Of course that would happen once we traded him.

Hart is our goalie now and forever. We should try to extend him this offseason before he wins the Vezina next year and costs us an arm and a leg. lol

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    i just really dont want to play tampa.... if we can dodge tampa i think we have a real shot at the cup.
    I'm interested to see how we match up against them on Saturday to be honest. Our team has gotten worlds better since we last saw them in February (Hart played inconsistent and Bunnyman was playing lol). I think we can beat anyone in the playoffs right now. I don't really want to face the Bruins if they can figure out things...lol

Think we need to try to win both games coming up. The #1 seed would help us with the reseeding after each round. Can't wait to see what the next round brings as far as matchups.

In my opinion, he has given no indication of him wanting to quit and no indication that he's going to quit. He's coming back and probably could now, but the team is playing it safe. Patrick will likely end up being one of our top two centers in about 3 years. If not, he's a better JVR 2.0 which isn't that bad.
    players don't miss whole seasons unless something is seriously wrong, and the fact that you can't see it makes it more dangerous, not less.

i'll put it this way: if patrick never plays in another NHL game, this is exactly what that progression would look like.
    What he went through was not a near-death experience. While it was taxing, most patients come back twice as healthy because they are forced to eat a healthier diet, take care of certain factors (weight, calories, exercise more, etc.), and be more aware of themselves. You have clearly seen his resilience since the start of the process. This is not something we need to be worried about
    i doubt that lindblom was binging gallons of ben and jerrys before this, so i don't think a healthier diet will be of any benefit for him.

it's absolute possible that he'll come back at 100%, but then again, what does that even mean for him? he had a hot streak to begin the year, but if that's all it was, a hot streak as opposed to a breakout, then he's still just a solid middle-6 role player even at 100%.

clearly, i tend to lean towards a more pessimistic (conservative) projection model, but i think it makes more sense to plan for the worst, rather than just hope for the best.

fwiw, i do think it says ...something... that the flyers signed lindblom to an extension and added him to the bubble, but also that they haven't signed patrick (yet) and they kept him out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    Think we need to try to win both games coming up. The #1 seed would help us with the reseeding after each round. Can't wait to see what the next round brings as far as matchups.
    I wouldn't try to get 1st due to possibly playing toronto. Best spot is 2nd and a ticket with islanders. Let caps play penguins, bruins play canes, and tampa get toronto!! BEST CASE SCENARIO

WOW so apparently lindblom is joining the team friday. This means that he can possibly play in the end of the first round as it will probably end at the end of august. I think lindblom will play end of august, early september!! Great news! We just have to advance so we can get him in. He would add so much to the bottom 6 that lacks some scoring with JVR!

Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    I think that we could conceivably start seeing a change of the guard in Philly this offseason. I think G is likely to stay around, but guys like Jake and Ghost could be gone. With York coming up in the next 1/2 years, Ghosts spot is really not there anymore. I think next season our team could look more like:

G - Couts - TK
    Lindblom - Hayes - Farabee
    Frost - Patrick - Laughton/JVR
    Raffl - Laughton/FA - Sandin (I think he may get a chance next year and could be a find)

Hart is our goalie now and forever. We should try to extend him this offseason before he wins the Vezina next year and costs us an arm and a leg. lol
    I see no reason to get rid of voracek when patrick is a huge question like steagles is saying. Right now, I have no hope for him playing unless they give us a positive update, which they dodge a lot. Getting rid of voracek and jvr to replace them with just frost and farabee hurts, especially if patrick isnt ready. I say we keep voracek for another year and get rid of JVR. We are at the cusp of being great and losing voracek would hurt while farabee and frost begin their journeys. We still can use voracek for a playoff run next year...JVR can easily be replaced by frost/farabeee however.

Pretty cool that we can make 2 of capitals, bruins, carolina, and penguins out in the first round. If we win tomorrow that is. Ideal situation is:

1. tampa gets first and plays toronto/cbj

2. flyers get islanders

3. capitals or bruins get carolina

4. capitals or bruins get penguins

The last two can be reality if we beat capitals in regulation tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    Pretty cool that we can make 2 of capitals, bruins, carolina, and penguins out in the first round. If we win tomorrow that is. Ideal situation is:

1. tampa gets first and plays toronto/cbj

2. flyers get islanders

3. capitals or bruins get carolina

4. capitals or bruins get penguins

The last two can be reality if we beat capitals in regulation tomorrow.
    You're assuming the Penguins are going to win. I watched all three games now and they looked worse and worse as the games went on. They're 1 game from elimination. I will say this....with reports that Oskar will be joining the team on Friday, I will go ahead and call that we get first if we win tomorrow. They will absolutely be fired up with him being around and then after 4 days of quarantining he will be able to practice with the team and possibly play. Doctors did say that he would probably need until September originally...so we shall see beings that September is only 25 days away...

As for Jake, you are opening a ton of Cap Space and probably bringing back something valuable.

Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    You're assuming the Penguins are going to win. I watched all three games now and they looked worse and worse as the games went on. They're 1 game from elimination. I will say this....with reports that Oskar will be joining the team on Friday, I will go ahead and call that we get first if we win tomorrow. They will absolutely be fired up with him being around and then after 4 days of quarantining he will be able to practice with the team and possibly play. Doctors did say that he would probably need until September originally...so we shall see beings that September is only 25 days away...

As for Jake, you are opening a ton of Cap Space and probably bringing back something valuable.
    idk i still think the pens will win. BUT if they do then we have to do everything we can to get first place in oredr to play them. Pens look god awful right now

I get we get cap space but if we don't get good value its best to keep him and dump JVR's cap space. Voracek provides far more value than JVR, especially to a contending team

face off in 15/20 minutes

those might be the two sexiest goals the flyers have scored this year.

no lindblom
    no patrick
    no jvr
    no raffl
    no ghost
    no hart

easy 3-1 win.

seems legit.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast