Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    i mean sure.... if you want a guy that turns the puck over and constantly misses the net. He has the speed and the handles but shouldnt ever be trusted again until he shows he can be even alright at this point.
    i think you literallly described provorov on the pp. Provorov is downright brutal *at times* on the pp. I would much rather have sanheim or ghost on it. Would love for provy to just focus on every other area in the game.

I'm Hagg's biggest defender here, but he had a pretty uneven game. What Braun did on the goal was an even bigger issue than what Hagg did. Braun did not have a very good game at all.
    i wouldn't go that far, but i would say the puck was moving and he was not. he was trying to track the puck through a half-dozen deflections, and he lost track of the guy at the front of the net.
    i mean sure.... if you want a guy that turns the puck over and constantly misses the net. He has the speed and the handles but shouldnt ever be trusted again until he shows he can be even alright at this point.
    ghost clearly doesn't have AV's trust right now, but the impact he has on games (when he's playing well) cannot be overstated.

it is a mistake to write him off.
    i think you literallly described provorov on the pp. Provorov is downright brutal *at times* on the pp. I would much rather have sanheim or ghost on it. Would love for provy to just focus on every other area in the game.
    brutal is an apt description for that offsides he pulled out of a hat yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    ghost clearly doesn't have AV's trust right now, but the impact he has on games (when he's playing well) cannot be overstated.
    100%. In AV's defense, hagg-braun played pretty well down the stretch and ghost didn't help himsefl. He looked better and more agile in camp though. But going to what you said, ghost has a skill set that no one in our lineup as on defense. As much as many people have written him off, he can be a difference maker on the pp, when you need offense, and in the neutral zone (this is great when you have a lead and need to clog things up).

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    100%. In AV's defense, hagg-braun played pretty well down the stretch and ghost didn't help himsefl. He looked better and more agile in camp though. But going to what you said, ghost has a skill set that no one in our lineup as on defense. As much as many people have written him off, he can be a difference maker on the pp, when you need offense, and in the neutral zone (this is great when you have a lead and need to clog things up).
    PP has been fine without him. He hasn't played particularly well when paired with Hagg or Braun this season either, which is who he would be playing with. I guess what's more important to you. What Braun and Hagg bring on the pk or what Ghost does on the pp. It's certainly a luxury to have a guy like Ghost sitting in your press box though.

I think it's obvious the lineup with the highest upside for the flyers includes ghost. I'd like to get him in one of these round robin games to see if he can be a difference maker again. If he doesnt come in and force the staff to leave him in, then fine. Think not giving him an opportunity is a minor mistake
    "2008 WORLD ****ING CHAMPIONS"

Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    I think it's obvious the lineup with the highest upside for the flyers includes ghost. I'd like to get him in one of these round robin games to see if he can be a difference maker again. If he doesnt come in and force the staff to leave him in, then fine. Think not giving him an opportunity is a minor mistake
    i feel like seeding is irrelevant and am all for giving him the next 2 games to see if he can help us going forward... he wont be on this team long term so i am all for upping trade value. I mean he is def better than hagg... i just dont think he can be counted on anymore... tired of waiting for this dude to return to form.

i feel like seeding is irrelevant and am all for giving him the next 2 games to see if he can help us going forward... he wont be on this team long term so i am all for upping trade value. I mean he is def better than hagg... i just dont think he can be counted on anymore... tired of waiting for this dude to return to form.
    I've gone down this rabbit hole with others here. I'll just say again, I don't think ghost has much in the way of trade value. A couple years ago he likely could have fetch a high level prospect, a 1st AND a middle 6 fwd. No clue what he could get now, but teams don't generally pay a premium for guys who have ridden the healthy scratch list for dozens and dozens of games.
    "2008 WORLD ****ING CHAMPIONS"

I've gone down this rabbit hole with others here. I'll just say again, I don't think ghost has much in the way of trade value. A couple years ago he likely could have fetch a high level prospect, a 1st AND a middle 6 fwd. No clue what he could get now, but teams don't generally pay a premium for guys who have ridden the healthy scratch list for dozens and dozens of games.
    i understand where you're coming from, but this is completely wrong for a few reasons.

1: ghost's potential impact is massive. there are very few ways for teams in the middle/bottom tiers of the NHL hierarchy to immediately improve their team by 10-20 points. when ghost is right, he has that kind of impact.

2: ghost's contract is excellent. even if he's only a 3rd pair defenseman/PP QB, he's a bargain.

3: a lot of teams really do try to get better every year. i know this is a foreign concept around here after years of ron hextall, but believe me, it's true. and ghost is a pretty shiny target for them to clutch on to.

you're not gonna pull a 2017 premium for ghost this summer, but he's still worth a late #1/high #2, plus a lottery ticket or two.

I like Ghost but I think Fletcher needs to be in touch with the Krakens and get it set up to have him available to pick. Keeps the rest of roster together, gives Seattle a PP QB and a name to promote.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    PP has been fine without him. He hasn't played particularly well when paired with Hagg or Braun this season either, which is who he would be playing with. I guess what's more important to you. What Braun and Hagg bring on the pk or what Ghost does on the pp. It's certainly a luxury to have a guy like Ghost sitting in your press box though.
    for me, its ghost on the pp. I don't think the pp has been successfull because of provorov. The pp was awful until it switched back to its normal setup. Ghost never got that chance with the top pp in a normal set up. When he was on it, g and voracek were switched and it was almost impossible to one timers from anyone (ghost's forte).

I don't really think we need hagg's expertise on the pk tbh. We have provorov-niskanen, sanheim-myers (finally get more time there), and then braun still. Literally everyone can be on the pk except ghost. I think ghost can provide more for this team, especially since he feels the best he has all year, and putting him on the top pp can give him that confidence which in turn can bring his A game out. Probably won't happen but it would benefit the team more than what hagg brings. Hagg's main value on the pk is what he brings against a team like the capitals where he can lay his body out against ovi's shot. I think hagg would be more usefull in that series but against most other teams in the east I would go ghost.

Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    totally agree. We are in a great position where we can at least try. If you are going to play elliot then you might as well play ghost for a game here and see what happens. He probably won't get pp1 time but letts see what he can bring and if he is indeed better now

its absolutely not irrelevant. Getting 4th place = matchup with pens. I would much rather play isles, cbj, canes, pens in that order. Also we need to ice the best lineup and need to play well in the round robin going into the first round. Also, if you are done waiting for ghost then just give up on patrick too then....same logic

you're not gonna pull a 2017 premium for ghost this summer, but he's still worth a late #1/high #2, plus a lottery ticket or two.
    Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    I like Ghost but I think Fletcher needs to be in touch with the Krakens and get it set up to have him available to pick. Keeps the rest of roster together, gives Seattle a PP QB and a name to promote.
    going off what steagles is saying....

well, this is exactly why you need ghost to play. His value goes down the more he sits. I'm not saying his value is just shot because he doesn't play in the playoffs but next year you would want ghost to get back to being productive to get that value high. We most likely can't keep him so a trade next year would be ideal. Either that or give JVR to seattle with a pick. I'm over JVR and he just isn't needed next year with frost, farabee, lindblom all needing full time spots.

after seeing the difference that kevin hayes made this year, i still wonder what the flyers could do with another top 6 center, like toews or kopitar or larkin or seguin or getzlaf or stastny...or staal.

assuming that we're willing to make voracek, jvr and ghost available this summer, we should have the cap and the assets to get something like that done.

after seeing the difference that kevin hayes made this year, i still wonder what the flyers could do with another top 6 center, like toews or kopitar or larkin or seguin or getzlaf or stastny...or staal.

assuming that we're willing to make voracek, jvr and ghost available this summer, we should have the cap and the assets to get something like that done.
    staal isnt even a top 6 center for his own team lol. He would be a great 3c but not at that price tag and I would rather have a cheaper, more effective patrick/frost. Unless you are assuming we tried to get those players earlier..

I don't see why we should get rid of voraceck. I doubt we can trade him while getting a really good player in return with his cap. Just trade JVR or let seattle take him, trade or keep ghost..our "moves" in the offseason can literally just be nothing. We are basically acquiring patrick, lindblom, and frost for nothing. Also an improved farabee. We have the assets to make some trades to go after a top 6 player for sure though

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast