Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Stop being a pansy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ya gonna hate him in 2 years or less

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I would have kept Mike Miller or hired Ime Udoka and conceded the next season to development but Thibs is a good coach. The hate around here is silly. The problem I see is Thibs brings expectations that they likely won’t be able to meet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He is archaic with no ability to interact with management or reach the young players today. His defensive schemes are out of date, and he just doesn't adapt at all.

Couldn't stand him as a wolves coach. Offensively his system doesn't even exist. Defensively his concepts are archaic and no longer work in todays nba. He rides the hell out of some players and doesn't ever use his bench effectively.

I would of stuck with Miller and let him develop as a coach.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    Great news for the Knicks. Besr candidate available
    know for the love of ****ing god your front office should not **** this up... no offense. I as a sixer fan dont hate the knicks... i have always stated for the nba to be way more amazing the knicks/lakers being great makes the game that much greater.... We have the celtics/sixers/lakers/warriors/nets/rockets/dallas/raptors/heat... if we can get the knicks and bulls big market teams to be great this league is gonna explode.

new york needs to try and grab giannis

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    He is archaic with no ability to interact with management or reach the young players today. His defensive schemes are out of date, and he just doesn't adapt at all.
    he has his flaws but he is still a big upgrade over any and everyone they have had.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    God I love the Knicks. They finally have money so they get the coach nobody wants to play for.
    nobody wants to play for the knicks anyway though... so this is moot no? they now have the name and a guy that is good but can become an issue down the line no doubt... their issue is above the coaching staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Ya gonna hate him in 2 years or less
    No chance. We have had something like 13 coaches in the last 17 years. I am too numb to hate him.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Thibs is a good guy and a very good tactical coach ... head coach has been a problem in the past. The big question is who he will get to help him.

Finally a real coach. Now all that's left is a roster that's willing to be part of a team.

The Knicks need to stop firing and hiring coaches... when your roster is two prospects deep, the revolving door of coaches isnt gonna make a difference.

The only good quality Thibs had was his defensive schemes... but that was like a decade ago. His only strength (halfcourt defense against penetration) is sort of antiquated now. The league has moved to high octane, 3-point heavy offenses.

When you add in the negatives, doesn't seem like a good hire to me.

Who knows though, maybe he'll shock us. It's about time for the Knicks to get good again.
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Not the coach they wanted, but the coach they deserve
    hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    nobody wants to play for the knicks anyway though... so this is moot no? they now have the name and a guy that is good but can become an issue down the line no doubt... their issue is above the coaching staff.
    People will play for the Knicks if they’re offered lots of money. Ask Joakim Noah.

Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    Finally a real coach. Now all that's left is a roster that's willing to be part of a team.
    Given that Tibs is trying (and achieves) to attract players that have worked with him before, expendable (for various reasons from GSW) Wiggins should be the 1st Tibs will ask for and should (normally) achieve to land!

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    The Knicks need to stop firing and hiring coaches... when your roster is two prospects deep, the revolving door of coaches isnt gonna make a difference.
    Everyone is to blame over there. The funny thing is if we had landed Zion or Ja Morant things would be totally different in NY. Don't get me wrong I like RJ but that was a 2 draft lottery and we missed. Just like we missed on Curry by 1 pick back in the day. There is endless piles of failure attached to that franchise and also 0 lucky breaks in a long time. One franchise player turns everything around. Debatable if we had that with Porzingis and screwed it up. I'm tempted to say yes but only time will tell.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast