Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Realistic trade packages for Ben Simmons

We had one for Embiid, so it's only fair.
    I also recently heard Bill Simmons float the idea of Ben Simmons to Denver for Jamal Murray, Bol Bol and a first-rounder. That seems kind of crazy, but then again, Murray seems like a much better fit. Simmons would fit better next to Nikola Jokic and significantly improve Denver's defense.

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    I also recently heard Bill Simmons float the idea of Ben Simmons to Denver for Jamal Murray, Bol Bol and a first-rounder. That seems kind of crazy, but then again, Murray seems like a much better fit. Simmons would fit better next to Nikola Jokic and significantly improve Denver's defense.
    That idea probably hurts both teams honestly. Denver has been relying on Murray in the clutch, a problem in and of itself, and would be making that worse putting Simmons there. Philly drastically loses defense and would be relying on Richardson even more than they are defensively against quicker guards.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    That idea probably hurts both teams honestly. Denver has been relying on Murray in the clutch, a problem in and of itself, and would be making that worse putting Simmons there. Philly drastically loses defense and would be relying on Richardson even more than they are defensively against quicker guards.
    I think Simmons would thrive as a drive-and-kick machine in Denver, as would all their shooters around him. He and Jokic would have a field day playing off each other and zipping passes everywhere. The defensive versatility Simmons provides would outweigh the limitations on shooting.
    Philly would be fine on defense. They have Richardson and Thybulle on the perimeter, not to mention Embiid in the middle. Murray would provide some badly needed shot-making.

Bol Bol does nothing to move me and thatís would be a late first. So itís basically Murray for Simmons which is a pass for me.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Bol Bol does nothing to move me and thatís would be a late first. So itís basically Murray for Simmons which is a pass for me.
    I was thinking of replacing Bol Bol with Monte Morris.

I think Simmons would thrive as a drive-and-kick machine in Denver, as would all their shooters around him. He and Jokic would have a field day playing off each other and zipping passes everywhere. The defensive versatility Simmons provides would outweigh the limitations on shooting.
    Philly would be fine on defense. They have Richardson and Thybulle on the perimeter, not to mention Embiid in the middle. Murray would provide some badly needed shot-making.
    Who would be the closer for the Nuggets?

I have no clue what Simmons trade value is

1+JJ+Culver (or 33) to Washington for Beal

Beal+33 (or Culver) to Philly for Simmons

Simmons to MN

Russell
    Beasley
    Okogie/Pick 17
    Simmons
    Towns

Layman/pick or Okogie off the bench and gain depth over the years with our key trio in place + a couple nice young pieces still in beasley/okogie/17 to hold down the 2 and maybe even 3 if needed. We can pick a 3/4 that hopefully plays defense and maybe spaces too if possible in the draft. Sign a vet there too.
    Last edited by mngopher35; 08-29-2020 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    I have no clue what Simmons trade value is
    Even attached with Horford itís around what Rockets gave up for Westbrook and what Clippers gave up for George.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonjorge View Post
    Even attached with Horford itís around what Rockets gave up for Westbrook and what Clippers gave up for George.
    I dont think hes proven himself to warrant that. But maybe based on his age and upside? I mean WB was an MVP a couple seasons ago. Albiet he seems to be on the decline now a bit.

Its so hard for me to gage or conpare simmons to anyone else. He has potential to be a super star but if he doesnt start shooting I can see his value droppong significantly in the next season or two. Its really become a shooters league

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Who would be the closer for the Nuggets?
    There wouldn't be one specific closer. It's Simmons getting to the rack on basically anyone not named Giannis, and shooters around the perimeter. I know it sounds janky, but I'm betting Simmons' and Jokic's passing abilities make Denver the best ball movement teams in the league, leading to a lot of open looks. It's also a bet that Denver's shooters will catch their mark again, especially with Porter Jr. hopefully coming on.
    I don't think you can overstate how immense the defensive upgrade would be with Simmons over Murray. If you ask me who would close games on offense, I can ask you who would defend the other team's closer. Denver doesn't have that guy.

I'm going to throw a three-teamer out there: Simmons to Minnesota; Buddy Hield, D'Angelo Russell and 2020's No. 12 pick to the 76ers; Al Horford, Shake Milton and 2020's No. 1 pick to the Kings.
    Philly gets a prolific back court locked up long-term. They have defenders like Thybulle and Richardson to cover for Russell and Hield, not to mention Embiid in the middle. Then they get a lottery pick.
    Minnesota gets a second superstar locked up long-term with Towns, who I think would pair well with Simmons because of his shooting. Simmons gets to be his best self, driving to the rim, kicking to open shooters and being the team's best defender.
    The Kings get a top pick pick and a promising young combo guard in exchange for sacrificing Hield and the No. 12 pick and eating Horford's contract. Horford might teach the Kings a thing or two about team defense. Milton can light it up next to Fox and Bogdanovic in the back court.

I'm going to throw a three-teamer out there: Simmons to Minnesota; Buddy Hield, D'Angelo Russell and 2020's No. 12 pick to the 76ers; Al Horford, Shake Milton and 2020's No. 1 pick to the Kings.
    Philly gets a prolific back court locked up long-term. They have defenders like Thybulle and Richardson to cover for Russell and Hield, not to mention Embiid in the middle. Then they get a lottery pick.
    Minnesota gets a second superstar locked up long-term with Towns, who I think would pair well with Simmons because of his shooting. Simmons gets to be his best self, driving to the rim, kicking to open shooters and being the team's best defender.
    The Kings get a top pick pick and a promising young combo guard in exchange for sacrificing Hield and the No. 12 pick and eating Horford's contract. Horford might teach the Kings a thing or two about team defense. Milton can light it up next to Fox and Bogdanovic in the back court.
    Supposedly Minny LOVES DLo so I doubt they come close to this

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Ya I highly doubt we are giving up 1 and Dlo in a package as we view him highly, he was an all star 2 years ago and is friends with Towns and seemingly a great compliment offensively fitting the timeline well. That's why I used Culver and a pick in mine instead but we have a couple more options to move too.

I think we should be shopping 1+Culver+other picks for the best stud to add and make a trio, hopefully at the 3/4 and bringing some defense. Beasley/Okogie are nice role players to fill in gaps and if we keep any picks can add them too.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Ya I highly doubt we are giving up 1 and Dlo in a package as we view him highly, he was an all star 2 years ago and is friends with Towns and seemingly a great compliment offensively fitting the timeline well. That's why I used Culver and a pick in mine instead but we have a couple more options to move too.
    I think we should be shopping 1+Culver+other picks for the best stud to add and make a trio, hopefully at the 3/4 and bringing some defense. Beasley/Okogie are nice role players to fill in gaps and if we keep any picks can add them too.
    Minnesota's strong on shooting and porous on defense. What Simmons takes away from shooting would be more than made up by his vastly better defense and passing. I could imagine a closing lineup of Simmons, Beasley, Culver, Hernangomez and Towns.
    This draft is relatively weak, and Jarrett Culver hasn't proven anything. I don't see how a package around those two assets gets anywhere close to an all-star, defensive ace floor general like Simmons. Beasley already looks like their shooting guard of the future and quite possibly better than any player you can get in the draft. He also takes away from Culver and Okogie's value to the Timberwolves. I just like a threesome of Simmons, Beasley and Towns a lot.
    I might be willing to reroute Sacramento's 12th pick from Philly to Minnesota, if Minnesota sends Brooklyn's 19th pick to Philly. This draft is more about steals later in the first round than bonafide stars anyway, so lottery picks aren't quite as valuable.
    Last edited by mrblisterdundee; 08-30-2020 at 06:06 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast