Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    Lol - in what way is my crediting AF for a major signing considered to be sensitivity?

As for Kikť...
    Career
    244/316/427 = .744 OPS

MLB Average over that time
    253/323/406 = .729 OPS
    Again, he is the very definition of an average hitter.

Of course, we could still have Dee Gordon who, in 3 years with the Mariners while making $11M AAV...

272/295/353 = .648 OPS
    There is no logical argument to be had here. It seems obvious to anyone who has any relationship to baseball on the planet that the Dodgers have an unbelievably stacked organization, and it is not changing any time soon. The assumption is that every move should be a huge, one-sided success, or that the manager will never make mistakes, even a guy who made his managing debut with the club. The team is stacked, the clubhouse culture is better than its been my entire life, and that includes the days of Garvey, Cey, Russel, Lopes, etc. under Tommy.
    If you want to fault the Dodgers for not having future HOFers at every position, then maybe video games are the better form of entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofdad View Post
    There is no logical argument to be had here. It seems obvious to anyone who has any relationship to baseball on the planet that the Dodgers have an unbelievably stacked organization, and it is not changing any time soon. The assumption is that every move should be a huge, one-sided success, or that the manager will never make mistakes, even a guy who made his managing debut with the club. The team is stacked, the clubhouse culture is better than its been my entire life, and that includes the days of Garvey, Cey, Russel, Lopes, etc. under Tommy.
    If you want to fault the Dodgers for not having future HOFers at every position, then maybe video games are the better form of entertainment.
    Yeah, and the thing is, Iím not going to be upset if we lose Kikť, he slides to the bench or we upgrade, but to say he sucks really shows how privileged we are as fans of this team.

I mean, of course he sucks if your only basis for comparison are the mainstays in this particular lineup; Bellinger, Turner, Betts, Seager, Muncy, etc.,

But when you look at the rest of the league, Kikť would actually play a major role for a lot of franchises out there.

****ing Vaginas making Roberts look like the softball manager we know he is.

Quote Originally Posted by lamar2006 View Post
    ****ing Vaginas making Roberts look like the softball manager we know he is.
    OMG, I know, right? Itís like, come on, Dave, like wake up and get more hits and runs and stuff.

Nice try bud
    "There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known.Ē

- Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    OMG, I know, right? Itís like, come on, Dave, like wake up and get more hits and runs and stuff.

Nice try bud
    You have always been a Doc homer. In your eyes he can't do no wrong. Never mind he sets the lineups, shifts, pitching starters/bullpen. It's everyone else's fault but Doc. Perfect example leaving Kike to bat against a right handed pitcher with bases loaded. Kike has 1 good game every 6 games and he gets 5/6 starts. Pollock has no reason to be on the team but still plays 80% of the time.

If we had someone like Madden managing us last 5 years, we would have won 2 titles by now. Only Doc would have let Kershaw pitch last postseason against Rendon/Soto after getting that 1 big out to end the inning. Doc loves to platoon his players. Don't be surprise if we start seeing Betts play 2nd base. Doc is just a ****ing terrible manager that will never win us a title. Talent alone gets him 90+ wins but Doc chokes like Kershaw when it MATTERS most.

I know it's still early but Doc is same old Doc. AN IDIOT!

Uh, you have no clue what youíre talking about.

I have never been a Doc homer. In fact, Iíve never been a ďhomerĒ for any manager not named Lasorda. They could fire him tomorrow and I wouldnít so much as shrug before wondering who the next guy is. Hell, Iíd replace him now with Bochy.

Maddon has won one World Series with a team that everyone in here was worried was a dynasty better than ours, remember?

I donít believe that managers have as big of an impact as you guys seem to. Managers make decisions, players execute. Doc makes mistakes. Maddon does too. Maddon alone would certainly not have been the difference vs the Red Sox. We canít even say heíd have made a difference vs the Astros.
    "There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known.Ē

- Carl Sagan

One thing we can all agree on is that Dave Roberts isn't as bad as Don Mattingly.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    One thing we can all agree on is that Dave Roberts isn't as bad as Don Mattingly.
    To that, I agree.

- Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    I agree with that. The best thing Roberts brings is harmony in the clubhouse - I don't consider that to be a small thing. I actually think the DH and 3 batters-faced minimum for a pitcher will make him "less active" in his game-time decisions, which is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofdad View Post
    I agree with that. The best thing Roberts brings is harmony in the clubhouse - I don't consider that to be a small thing. I actually think the DH and 3 batters-faced minimum for a pitcher will make him "less active" in his game-time decisions, which is a good thing.

I haven't posted in a while, but felt compelled to post today. FkUCK THE ASTROS!
    Last edited by BlueMouse; 07-28-2020 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMouse View Post
    I haven't posted in a while, but felt compelled to post today. FkUCK THE ASTROS!
    I share the same sentiment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holly ****... I had the same thought! I havenít posted here in years because I was tired of getting banned for nada but felt compelled to check in here with the Astros games on deck. Fkuck the Stros!

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    I share the same sentiment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by blazer5 View Post
    Holly ****... I had the same thought! I havenít posted here in years because I was tired of getting banned for nada but felt compelled to check in here with the Astros games on deck. Fkuck the Stros!
    I would like these posts if I could.

I would like these posts if I could.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast