Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    They didn't want to deal with with the player's union. That's why no players got suspended.
    The players wouldn't talk without immunity, they couldn't make the case without immunity.
    "He's getting the best job in baseball."

Bruce Bochy sent a clear message to whoever will be the Giants' next manager
    🙌
    https://bit.ly/2ndI9eG

2. 07-31-2020, 07:49 PM
    Reason
    Stop with the homophobic posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bmu15 View Post
    Wow, stupid. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you shoulda stayed in school.
    Haha, Greeny was making an inside joke from back in the day, it wasnít anything personal.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMouse View Post
    Haha, Greeny was making an inside joke from back in the day, it wasnít anything personal.
    Wow racist

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMouse View Post
    That makes way more sense than an adult being that stupid. lol I've never seen him in here before so I wasn't sure, I never have been a fan of stupid, obnoxious morons. Looking back at that, that was pretty damn funny. Nice work Green dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Bmu15 View Post
    That makes way more sense than an adult being that stupid. lol I've never seen him in here before so I wasn't sure, I never have been a fan of stupid, obnoxious morons. Looking back at that, that was pretty damn funny. Nice work Green dude.

Lets see how Kershaw looks today. Our championship aspirations depend a lot on him being a 1-2 punch with Buehler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kersh looked good today. Velo up and hitting spots. Encouraging

Kershaw threw his fastest pitch since 2017 today. He also threw 92+ on 25% of his pitches. Last year it was 1%, the year prior it was 4%.

After his first spring start, I thought it would be possible to see the guy sitting 92-94 at some point in the season. He was almost there (93.3) in his first start of the year and heís not really even stretched out yet.

92-94 FB painting the black
    75 on that nasty CB
    89 wipeout slider

We need this CK. Health willing, he has a realistic shot at getting his throne back.

His slider looks like a cut-fastball at times.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    His slider looks like a cut-fastball at times.
    Yeah, like on those back to back hits...

I think though that it looked that way because CK has such a late, sharp break on his slider and he left those pitches hanging. The pitches were high so we didnít get to see an effective break.

It has to stay low to be effective, and when he stays low, the break is evident. There were a number of times yesterday where hitters guessed fastball and swung over the slider in or near the dirt, then they laid off the low slider and got the fastball on the black.

Thatís how to use it effectively.

And - off topic - thatís what was so frustrating about game 3 of the 2017 WS. If the hitters know whatís coming, of course they can beat CK. Heís not up there fireballing three-digit sinkers daring people to hit it, heís a pitcher that coaxes swings and misses by living on the black with deception.
    Last edited by GibbyIsMyHero; 08-03-2020 at 11:52 AM.

"There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known.Ē

- Carl Sagan

Dustin May looks like what we expect Buheler to be.

Now Butane just isn't stretched out enough yet, so I'm really not that worried about him. But if Kershaw stays healthy and May Builds up some innings, and Julio Urias(23) continues to pitch well, this could be a really Nasty Rotation come Oct.

I think because of the injuries and lost time people forget just how young Urias is. He's the same age as one of our top prospects May(22) and younger than Butane(25).

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    Dustin May looks like what we expect Buheler to be.

Now Butane just isn't stretched out enough yet, so I'm really not that worried about him. But if Kershaw stays healthy and May Builds up some innings, and Julio Urias(23) continues to pitch well, this could be a really Nasty Rotation come Oct.

I think because of the injuries and lost time people forget just how young Urias is. He's the same age as one of our top prospects May(22) and younger than Butane(25).
    Fa sho. This rotation is sick even without Price. Hopefully they can stay healthy.

Check out this overlay...

https://twitter.com/pitchingninja/st...960290305?s=21
    "There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known.Ē

- Carl Sagan

I'd have litterally no problem if they traded Price in the off season.

So far our bats seem to overcompensate whenever the bullpen becomes a bit shaky.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast