Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 297

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Corona, Ca
    Posts
    17,558

    2020 Game Thread: Itís a sprint!

    Game thread for the entire 2020 season. Since itís so short and traffic is down, no sense in multiple game threads. Lets go Dodgers!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Corona, Ca
    Posts
    17,558

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,455
    Doc already tinkering/platooning with the lineups. We will never win **** with Doc managing us. He is the only manager in history that would have Ichiro, Gwynn, Henderson not leadoff. Betts needs to leadoff PERIOD.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    261
    Quote Originally Posted by lamar2006 View Post
    Doc already tinkering/platooning with the lineups. We will never win **** with Doc managing us. He is the only manager in history that would have Ichiro, Gwynn, Henderson not leadoff. Betts needs to leadoff PERIOD.
    Gwynn was a leadoff hitter?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    La Puente, CA
    Posts
    14,491
    Sabertard platooning.

    Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    10,190
    Don't you guys remember, fili said this is not a platoon team, period.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,957
    Platooning?

    6 players; Betts, Muncy, Turner, Belli, Seager, and Kike all started the first 3 games.

    Joc is a platoon player - thatís all there is to it. Are you complaining about platooning Joc with Chris Taylor and AJ Pollock? Lmao

    Or are you complaining that Austin Barnes (a catcher). Lmao. What a hoot.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    10,190
    So, Kike is the starting 2nd baseman? I wonder how long it will take him to bat 215 while still starting.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,957
    Quote Originally Posted by DigglinDickers View Post
    So, Kike is the starting 2nd baseman? I wonder how long it will take him to bat 215 while still starting.
    Oh, so youíre complaining because you think Kike should be a platoon player?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    10,190
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    Oh, so youíre complaining because you think Kike should be a platoon player?
    I'm complaining because that piece of crap should be on another team. Kike has and will always suck, but at least he has some lame jokes to keep the guys happy on the bench when he's hitting 190 or doesn't know how many outs there are. Beacuase he's too busy and more concerned about his lame sense of humor. Get ready for the remainder 56 games of Kike/Barnes/Taylor who are all going to suck again, and still play the majority of the time. Same old **** where Dave doesn't know what he's doing, and Andy doesn't understand how the game should be played. Remember, these morons thought Freese would be more productive in the WS as a PH instead of starting and getting 4-5 AB's. That's how management thinks the game is played.
    Last edited by DigglinDickers; 07-26-2020 at 05:53 PM.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    10,190
    No reason to be sensitive, some of you enjoy the way Andy operates, and some of us just don't like the nerd or the way he operates. Andy is the fool who hired the dumbest man in the game to manage, and thought it would be a good idea to extend the idiot manager another 4 years while still being the same fool who will never learn from his mistakes. Dave has no business managing, but Andy needed a puppet because a real baseball man would have told Andy to **** himself and his never ending lineups of platooning a long time ago.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Corona, Ca
    Posts
    17,558

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,957
    LMAO - Iím being sensitive?

    I literally only pointed out that we havenít been platooning over the first three games and you went on two separate diatribes! 😆

    You always accuse people of being sensitive when they disagree with you, yet youíre the one who rants and raves with emotional diatribes and without any supporting evidence.

    Kikť doesnít suck. Heís the epitome of an average major league hitter who plays plus defense at multiple positions. We could do much worse than Kikť being one of our worst players.

    You donít have to agree with that, but the numbers reflect it.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    10,190
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    LMAO - Iím being sensitive?

    I literally only pointed out that we havenít been platooning over the first three games and you went on two separate diatribes! 😆

    You always accuse people of being sensitive when they disagree with you, yet youíre the one who rants and raves with emotional diatribes and without any supporting evidence.

    Kikť doesnít suck. Heís the epitome of an average major league hitter who plays plus defense at multiple positions. We could do much worse than Kikť being one of our worst players.

    You donít have to agree with that, but the numbers reflect it.
    Look at all your post recently, you're very sensitive. You seemed a little upset because no one was praising Andy for taking half a decade to spend money on actual talent. Big deal, there's a moron still in charge of making in-game decisions. Kike has four seasons where he's played over a 100 games and has batted 190, 215, and 237, he sucks. The guy has hit over 250 twice in his career.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,957
    Quote Originally Posted by DigglinDickers View Post
    Look at all your post recently, you're very sensitive. You seemed a little upset because no one was praising Andy for taking half a decade to spend money on actual talent. Big deal, there's a moron still in charge of making in-game decisions. Kike has four seasons where he's played over a 100 games and has batted 190, 215, and 237, he sucks. The guy has hit over 250 twice in his career.
    Lol - in what way is my crediting AF for a major signing considered to be sensitivity?

    As for Kikť...
    Career
    244/316/427 = .744 OPS

    MLB Average over that time
    253/323/406 = .729 OPS
    Again, he is the very definition of an average hitter.

    Of course, we could still have Dee Gordon who, in 3 years with the Mariners while making $11M AAV...

    272/295/353 = .648 OPS
    Last edited by GibbyIsMyHero; 07-26-2020 at 08:35 PM.

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •