Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    I want Ball too but we have to put two snipers next to that trio to make up for the at best questionable 3 point shooting.

One of: Hield, Harris, Fournier, Lavine

One of: Gallo, Bertans etc.
    yup, but like said above, RJ, Ball & Mitch is a young trio to really get excited about.

I'm good with thibs, not my first choice, and watch Kenny have success elsewhere. I'm now inclined to think there will be some moves or at least attempts, I see Melo returning for his farewell tour, and Knicks still seem very interested in Wood and I think that would be a good signing obvious if the money fits.
    I'm not sure it matter for the draft about Thibs, didn't Knicks hire others already for that purpose? I could be wrong but thought that was the case?

5 Years though?
    Should put a clause in there if no playoffs after three years, contract is voided lol

Is CP3 in the Knicks plans now, should be interesting.

Who wants to watch 35 year old CP3 and 37 year old Melo get this team to .500?

I would have much more fun watching the young guys develop game by game with a real coach under Thibs.

No thanks to CP3, Melo and another year of wasted basketball with nothing to show for the teams future.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    yup, but like said above, RJ, Ball & Mitch is a young trio to really get excited about.
    Sign a SG that can actually shoot. Sign a solid PF that can at least hold their own defensively, and hit a jumper

And go to work

Quote Originally Posted by SK6 View Post

I would have much more fun watching the young guys develop game by game with a real coach under Thibs.

No thanks to CP3, Melo and another year of wasted basketball with nothing to show for the teams future.
    Iím pretty much with you but I wonít be remotely shocked if knicks do this.

Shhhh

Donít give them any ideas

Remember common sense is not that common.

The Knick fan base is an odd, delusional mix in denial of its past.

Keep in mind, I was barely aware of basketball when this franchise last won a Championship.

I do, remember that this fan base has somehow thought of the Knicks as a revered team as Boston, Los Angeles, or even Detroit.

Really it's not. Most of the up and coming players weren't even alive when Patrick Ewing was playing. Their parents were barely alive when Bernard King was playing.

Right now, the Knicks have their BEST chance since Pat Riley at changing things.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    Remember common sense is not that common.

The Knick fan base is an odd, delusional mix in denial of its past.

Keep in mind, I was barely aware of basketball when this franchise last won a Championship.

I do, remember that this fan base has somehow thought of the Knicks as a revered team as Boston, Los Angeles, or even Detroit.

Really it's not. Most of the up and coming players weren't even alive when Patrick Ewing was playing. Their parents were barely alive when Bernard King was playing.

Right now, the Knicks have their BEST chance since Pat Riley at changing things.
    I agree with this post.

There is a reason the Celtics and Lakers always end up in favorable positions during the draft. Its because those teams are NBA Icons and the league wants and needs those teams to be successful.
    The Knicks on the other hand are not an NBA Icon. The Knicks are mostly the butt of all jokes.

Even in the 90's when the Knicks were a consistently good team the NBA didn't want the team to win.
    I still remember David Stern coming out and suspending half of the Knicks during the play offs in order to let the Miami Heat win the series. Knicks were up in that series if I remember correctly 3-1 before the suspensions.
    How about Kevin Garnett sticking his foot out to trip a Knick during a playoff game? An obvious call the refs ignored in order to let the Celtics win the game. I've seen Carmelo Anthony get smacked in the face on multiple occasions with the Ref standing there in witness and not blow the whistle.

The NBA actually prefers teams like the Miami Heat over the Knicks.

It's blatantly obvious how they screw the Knicks with every decision they make. Change the rules to the lottery right when the Knicks are at their worst ever. Knicks have been the very worst team in the last 20 years but still have not gotten 1 #1 pick in a draft.
    The year the Knicks were the worst team and needed Zion the NBA had the Pels that clearly tanked (there goes the NBA's stupid idea for slowing tanking) towards the end of the season get the #1 pick in Zion.

Very few quality Free Agent want to sign with the Knicks and if the Knicks make a trade they will have to over pay in a way that will be detrimental to the team.

In order for the Knicks to turn this around they have to develop a quality farming system that shows the team can develop and grow from with in. Pretty much what the Celtics and Spurs do. There is no other way for this team.

Melos coming lol unless a top team wants him but I think he wants his final season to be herez
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Melos coming lol unless a top team wants him but I think he wants his final season to be herez
    I could see melo go to brk if kd recruits him

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    Maybe. One last shot at a ring. I think he wants to finish here but Iíd say he goes to a contender over is.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    Naw. During the 2015 NBA All-Star game in Brooklyn, the talk was the cap space the Knicks were going to have to land a superstar next to Melo. Melo was bragging his BS that he was going to recruit players.

The Knicks talked to several players. Lamarcus Aldridge being one of them. From the Hamptons, Kevin Durant didn't even bother to take a phone call.

The Knicks settled on Leon Rose client, Andrea Bargnani.

IF Durant didn't want to play with Melo in his prime...why would he recruit Melo now?

Since Kyrie is a little snot head, I'm pretty sure BK will go after Bradley Beal. Complete that 3 headed hydra.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    Naw. During the 2015 NBA All-Star game in Brooklyn, the talk was the cap space the Knicks were going to have to land a superstar next to Melo. Melo was bragging his BS that he was going to recruit players.

The Knicks talked to several players. Lamarcus Aldridge being one of them. From the Hamptons, Kevin Durant didn't even bother to take a phone call.

The Knicks settled on Leon Rose client, Andrea Bargnani.

IF Durant didn't want to play with Melo in his prime...why would he recruit Melo now?

Since Kyrie is a little snot head, I'm pretty sure BK will go after Bradley Beal. Complete that 3 headed hydra.
    Uhhh because Melo is a good fit and player for a bk team thatís going to probably trade all their depth for a star And need a cheap guy that can play like Melo.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

I hope Melo doesn't sign with NYK he should look at contenders in west to secure that one ring a player like Melo deserves atleast one before he retires instead of coming to this hellhole.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Uhhh because Melo is a good fit and player for a bk team thatís going to probably trade all their depth for a star And need a cheap guy that can play like Melo.
    If the business of sports was about "fit" then the Knicks wouldn't be in a forty-six year drought.

The NBA is ruled by player collusion.

No I don't believe Durant would ask Melo over Bradley Beal. It would be STUPID.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast