Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Woody had success ONE season with the Knicks.

Remember when he took over Mike D'Antoni had enough and resigned with the Knicks already headed to the playoffs.
    Melo didn't want to play in Magic Mike's system. NO ONE did. The Knicks had no point guard.
    The following season, Woody went 53-29.
    Then the next season, the Knicks used their cap space to bring in Andrea Bargnani and they started something like 3-13 and NEVER recovered.

Why was Mike Woodson fired? The guy never knew how to make adjustments. He just relied on Melo in his prime to do the job for him.

Raymond Felton was sent away after he pleaded guilty of using a gun and holding a woman hostage.

Why was Melo rushed out the door? Well he's a high volume scorer but demanded a lot of touches. Knicks wanted him to be like Charles Barkley who could pump in 5 assists per game and pass in transition. Melo is not that guy. He's a finisher. And that's a problem when the Knicks had no real ball handler.

Mike Woodson IS a good assistant. I'll just never forgive him for making Jeremy Lin a bench player (after taking over for D'Antoni) and doing whatever Melo wanted. I hope you never get a HC.
    Last edited by Dr. Detfink; 07-31-2020 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    Woody had success ONE season with the Knicks.

Remember when he took over Mike D'Antoni had enough and resigned with the Knicks already headed to the playoffs.
    Melo didn't want to play in Magic Mike's system. NO ONE did. The Knicks had no point guard.
    The following season, Woody went 53-29.
    Then the next season, the Knicks used their cap space to bring in Andrea Bargnani and they started something like 3-13 and NEVER recovered.

Why was Mike Woodson fired? The guy never knew how to make adjustments. He just relied on Melo in his prime to do the job for him.

Raymond Felton was sent away after he pleaded guilty of using a gun and holding a woman hostage.

Why was Melo rushed out the door? Well he's a high volume scorer but demanded a lot of touches. Knicks wanted him to be like Charles Barkley who could pump in 5 assists per game and pass in transition. Melo is not that guy. He's a finisher. And that's a problem when the Knicks had no real ball handler.

Mike Woodson IS a good assistant. I'll just never forgive him for making Jeremy Lin a bench player (after taking over for D'Antoni) and doing whatever Melo wanted. I hope you never get a HC.
    you don't have to worry about that bro we are literally the only team stupid enough to keep hiring him

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Woody may have had some success in his two seasons with the Knicks.

My issue with Woody was that after that great 2013 season, he totally regressed. What I mean is that the 2013 team was basically ahead of the curve - we had incredible spacing with shooters all over, and we played Melo at the 4. The next season, Woody basically refused to play Melo at the 4, repeatedly insisting, "The East is big." And we were terrible again because of it.
    Thatís true but injuries played a bigger role that season. When healthy, they were still good.

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    you don't have to worry about that bro we are literally the only team stupid enough to keep hiring him
    Apparently the Clippers were also dumb enough, as he was AC there for 4 years immediately after he was canned here

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Apparently the Clippers were also dumb enough, as he was AC there for 4 years immediately after he was canned here
    Word lol these guys know nothing man lol
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    love that Woody is coming back, gotta imagine Melo will be back too.
    Bring back Billie Walker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Bring back Billie Walker

Bring Back Cole Aldrich

It was a joke bro lol

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsSwaGG View Post
    Bring Back Cole Aldrich
    Bring back Ron Baker

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsSwaGG View Post
    Bring Back Cole Aldrich
    Golden era

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

First interview after getting the gig, Thibs' #1 priority is developing the kids. Again, wasn't a fan of Sweet Potato as a HC but as an assistant coach, he's a father to the players. That's fine. I just never played for a coach, babying me who got me to the next level.

Mike Miller was dleague coach where the Knicks were actually doing something right just because he couldn't turn Mills and Dolans stupid idea into 30 wins doesn't mean he can't coach. Thibs has the resume and proof but Knicks biggest problem is was and will be a GM who can turn all this picks and upcoming expirings into something worthwhile. Unless Knicks do that no coach will be able to turn Dolans stupid ideas into playoffs team period. Instead of wasting money on all this cap expert, assistant gm, scouts, agents aka president plus consultants and there FA coach circle.... just ****ing hire a GM and tell Dolan to get the **** out of MSG problem solved.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    Mike Miller was dleague coach where the Knicks were actually doing something right just because he couldn't turn Mills and Dolans stupid idea into 30 wins doesn't mean he can't coach. Thibs has the resume and proof but Knicks biggest problem is was and will be a GM who can turn all this picks and upcoming expirings into something worthwhile. Unless Knicks do that no coach will be able to turn Dolans stupid ideas into playoffs team period. Instead of wasting money on all this cap expert, assistant gm, scouts, agents aka president plus consultants and there FA coach circle.... just ****ing hire a GM and tell Dolan to get the **** out of MSG problem solved.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
    Hear! Hear!

Yeah. I was never impressed by Scott Perry's crendentials. As Knicks' GM he hasn't inspired me at all. I'm not against low risk, high reward moves like Mitchell Robinson. However, you GOTTA prioritize a transcendental player especially if you have a top 10 pick. I find him to be very conservative and unimaginative. He settled on Kevin Knox and then replaced him in 2019 with RJ Barrett. He is VERY lucky that Leon Rose spared him. A good chunk of Steve Mills' regime was shown the door.

The Knicks will never be rid of James Dolan for two reasons:

1. As Michael Wilbon reported on PTI, James Dolan CEO of MSG Corp has employed more Black Americans than any other NBA franchise. He's kept Steve Mills, Isiah Thomas, Herb Williams long after their expiration date. He's also re-hired Mike Woodson as part o the Indiana connection.

2. The shareholders of MSG would have to vote him out of CEO and that's not happening. MSG is a cash machine even when the Knicks are putrid.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    Hear! Hear!

Yeah. I was never impressed by Scott Perry's crendentials. As Knicks' GM he hasn't inspired me at all. I'm not against low risk, high reward moves like Mitchell Robinson. However, you GOTTA prioritize a transcendental player especially if you have a top 10 pick. I find him to be very conservative and unimaginative. He settled on Kevin Knox and then replaced him in 2019 with RJ Barrett. He is VERY lucky that Leon Rose spared him. A good chunk of Steve Mills' regime was shown the door.

The Knicks will never be rid of James Dolan for two reasons:

1. As Michael Wilbon reported on PTI, James Dolan CEO of MSG Corp has employed more Black Americans than any other NBA franchise. He's kept Steve Mills, Isiah Thomas, Herb Williams long after their expiration date. He's also re-hired Mike Woodson as part o the Indiana connection.

2. The shareholders of MSG would have to vote him out of CEO and that's not happening. MSG is a cash machine even when the Knicks are putrid.
    And if there isnít such a player? Then what? Thereís no Zion or Ja here

I fully wanted them to go for Curry. I honestly donít remember much chatter about there being possibilities to move up. Just because you think the team should have, doesnít mean opportunities were there. And just because you feel we should have moved up at all costs now, doesnít mean at that time, you wouldnít have killed them for it then. And then thereís the fact that it wasnít thought GS would take him, as they had Ellis. Likewise, you are killing the team for not going for Doncic, like itís so easy to move up. Would you have been ok with us paying a ton to move up, as Iíd say there was a pretty big drop off in perceived value after Trae was picked 5th

So, just so this is on the record, what would you give up to move up to get Ball. How many picks, what players? So when we finally see what plays out, and you kill the FO for the move, this will be here. Letís say from 6 to 2, and from 4 to 2
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 08-02-2020 at 09:00 AM.

And if there isnít such a player? Then what? Thereís no Zion or Ja here

I fully wanted them to go for Curry. I honestly donít remember much chatter about there being possibilities to move up. Just because you think the team should have, doesnít mean opportunities were there. And just because you feel we should have moved up at all costs now, doesnít mean at that time, you wouldnít have killed them for it then. And then thereís the fact that it wasnít thought GS would take him, as they had Ellis. Likewise, you are killing the team for not going for Doncic, like itís so easy to move up. Would you have been ok with us paying a ton to move up, as Iíd say there was a pretty big drop off in perceived value after Trae was picked 5th

So, just so this is on the record, what would you give up to move up to get Ball. How many picks, what players? So when we finally see what plays out, and you kill the FO for the move, this will be here. Letís say from 6 to 2, and from 4 to 2
    Interesting post.

I'll state if the Knicks have the 6th or 7th pick and need to get to 1 to get LaMelo then you're talking about likely trading this year's 7th, Next years 1st round lottery pick top 5 protected, DSJ and Knox.
    I think that might get it done.

Only way its worth it is if LaMelo becomes a Super Star.

That's obviously a huge if. I think LaMelo and Edwards have the highest upside of anyone in this draft.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast