Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    you guys are really sleeping on Mcgee he was a beast early on in was right now mitch is very similar to him

But under the tutelage of thibs he can reach Noah's level

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    you guys are really sleeping on Mcgee he was a beast early on in was right now mitch is very similar to him

But under the tutelage of thibs he can reach Noah's level
    There is absolute nothing in mitch's game that is similar to Noah, not sure how you would compare them. Noah also was a college winner and already there anchored the defense of a florida team, was at time their second best passer and constantly playing in position. He was never a vertical center.

Mitch barely played organized basketball, is all talent and athletics. He is also about flash, as you can see in his videos working on ball handling and three point shooting. He's a funny kid with enormous potential. He could be very well something like pre fat shawn kemp kind center or having a trajectory like Larry Sanders. As of today his skillset seems similar to Tyson Chandler or Capela, with more speed on defense.

I'm curious how a coach like thibs shapes him and the other youngsters, but Noah shouldn't be a comparison.
    `

Quote Originally Posted by PewPew View Post
    There is absolute nothing in mitch's game that is similar to Noah, not sure how you would compare them. Noah also was a college winner and already there anchored the defense of a florida team, was at time their second best passer and constantly playing in position. He was never a vertical center.

Mitch barely played organized basketball, is all talent and athletics. He is also about flash, as you can see in his videos working on ball handling and three point shooting. He's a funny kid with enormous potential. He could be very well something like pre fat shawn kemp kind center or having a trajectory like Larry Sanders. As of today his skillset seems similar to Tyson Chandler or Capela, with more speed on defense.

I'm curious how a coach like thibs shapes him and the other youngsters, but Noah shouldn't be a comparison.
    I more or less mean thibs can get him there obviously mitch is not the playmaker noah was

But a young noah was athletic blocking everything and just a beast on defense

Like you said mitch didnít play collage ball thibs can get that noah intensity out of him and i actually think mitch is very smart he just never had a coach like thibs to mold him

True. Mitch didn't have much college ball at all. Having said that, the Thibs hire has me optimistic (for the first time in 20 seasons) that he can ascend and become the best player he can be...hopefully on the level of Noah but it's not a dealbreaker if he doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by PewPew View Post

The are both lean,long,very fast, relentless offensive rebounds, and high motor centers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Welcome back Woody! We should have given Grunwald and Woody one more season instead of firing him for Mills/Phil Jackson/Fisher. Woody has been by far the best HC we've had since JVG.

Woodson made his own bed. Coming off the Knicks best season since the Bronze Age at 54-28, the Sweet Potato started off 3-13 with the same roster plus the addition of Andrea Bargnani, JR Smith showed up to practices high as a kite, Shumpert STOPPED working on his game, then Raymond Felton pleaded guilty to a gun charge and holding a woman against her will.
    Basically Woodson was fired because the Front Office didn't understand how a team which had the second best record in the Eastern Conference (the previous season) nose dived so quickly and unexpectedly.

The truth is, Woodson was a victim of the players taking advantage of a good man trying to be both a father and a coach. Here's the thing. A coach isn't your best friend. He's the guy who is supposed to motivate you to be the BEST of you. Woodson coddled more than he challenged.

I DO like the fact, he's back with the organization but not as Head Coach.

Quote Originally Posted by beagleboss View Post
    Welcome back Woody! We should have given Grunwald and Woody one more season instead of firing him for Mills/Phil Jackson/Fisher. Woody has been by far the best HC we've had since JVG.
    Woody without proper vets was just as bad as any other coach in Knicks history.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Woody had all the vets...

He had Carmelo Anthony.

He had Tyson Chandler who won Defensive Player of the Year.

Amare Stoudemire before he lost a fight with a fire hydrant.

He had JR Smith who had it together for one season.

It lasted ONE season. That's it.

love that Woody is coming back, gotta imagine Melo will be back too.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    love that Woody is coming back, gotta imagine Melo will be back too.
    Ian Begley was saying the other day Knicks were going to take a look at Gallo, CP, Wood, and Melo.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    Ian Begley was saying the other day Knicks were going to take a look at Gallo, CP, Wood, and Melo.
    CP would be great. He's still got enough game to be a very good PG and he will be a great mentor to younger guards.

I'm not into Melo returning but Gallo could be interesting.

The world is coming to an end and I don't even care. As long as I can have my limo and my orange hair"

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    Woody without proper vets was just as bad as any other coach in Knicks history.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
    You mustíve forgot about all the injuries during his last season and how strong they finished when everyone was healthy.

Even if you take away the 54 win season, which doesnít make sense considering his success in Atlanta as well, he was still 55-51. Thatís not great, but not bad either. Letís check on how Pop has been doing without Kawhi and Duncan. Personnel matters for all coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    You mustíve forgot about all the injuries during his last season and how strong they finished when everyone was healthy.

Even if you take away the 54 win season, which doesnít make sense considering his success in Atlanta as well, he was still 55-51. Thatís not great, but not bad either. Letís check on how Pop has been doing without Kawhi and Duncan. Personnel matters for all coaches.
    Woody may have had some success in his two seasons with the Knicks.

My issue with Woody was that after that great 2013 season, he totally regressed. What I mean is that the 2013 team was basically ahead of the curve - we had incredible spacing with shooters all over, and we played Melo at the 4. The next season, Woody basically refused to play Melo at the 4, repeatedly insisting, "The East is big." And we were terrible again because of it.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast