Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Years View Post
    The thing I like about this move is that you have management committed to someone they believe in.

I have been saying for a while that one of things that has hurt the Knicks is a lack of commitment by coach and/or front office.

I want to see them develop the team by committing to players plan and philosophy they believe in.
    Too early to say they are committed last time they were committed to someone seriously besides Mills was Walsh but unfortunately Walsh was stupid and told everyone his plan.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    I am happy with the Thibs hire. It's exciting to think about what he can do with Mitch, RJ and even Frank to a degree. He pretty much has the opportunity to build those guys up from scratch. All the talk about "culture" - it does seem like Thibs is actually a guy who can set up a program and build an identity.

The only question I have is around the idea that players don't want to play for him and his demanding style. Let's face it - the players today are primadonnas and they want their rest days and they want to be coddled and told how great they are. All this talk about "real players" knowing what it takes to win and Thibs being cut from that cloth is true but I'm not sure how true it is today. I will say if the talk about players not wanting to play from Thibs was THAT true I think Rose and WWW would be plugged into that and wouldn't go this route.

That said, I have faith that Thibs can adapt his style a bit and I think we have some of the right players for him already in Mitch and RJ. Don't know if there was a coach on the market I would feel better about developing those two into 2-way stars.
    This is kinda given I don't see any superstar would want to play for Thibs let alone thinking of him as a advantage for NYK so I'm hoping Knicks go the route of solid two way players and build a foundation I hope this is what they are thinking but it's the Knicks and they always have high chance of dropping the bar lower then before.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    I am happy with the Thibs hire. It's exciting to think about what he can do with Mitch, RJ and even Frank to a degree. He pretty much has the opportunity to build those guys up from scratch. All the talk about "culture" - it does seem like Thibs is actually a guy who can set up a program and build an identity.

The only question I have is around the idea that players don't want to play for him and his demanding style. Let's face it - the players today are primadonnas and they want their rest days and they want to be coddled and told how great they are. All this talk about "real players" knowing what it takes to win and Thibs being cut from that cloth is true but I'm not sure how true it is today. I will say if the talk about players not wanting to play from Thibs was THAT true I think Rose and WWW would be plugged into that and wouldn't go this route.

That said, I have faith that Thibs can adapt his style a bit and I think we have some of the right players for him already in Mitch and RJ. Don't know if there was a coach on the market I would feel better about developing those two into 2-way stars.
    Great post.

I like to think there are still guys around who want to work. Hopefully Thibs makes a quick impact on Mitch, RJ, Frank, Dot, Knox, even DSJ and keeps around a couple guys like Taj (who is a bust azz player). That identity can change fast.
    I'm not the only one who's stated this but I believe if the team builds a tenacious identity and they show improvement, guys will like what they see and want to play here.
    You have RJ and Mitch, two young, potential stars. You have a handful of other young guys who could really benefit from this change. You have a few vets who like this style of play. If people buy in, you get your core.

That's the issue. The Knicks have not had a coach in the last decade who truly brought with him an identity. The were constantly searching for the teams identity to see who they were. That is no fault of theirs. They were handed a bunch of different styles of player and asked to make a coherent collage. That's hard as hell to do when you have your ownership and FO are picking guys who don't really go together.
    Now there is a coach who has an identity and will find guys to match.

The world is coming to an end and I don't even care. As long as I can have my limo and my orange hair"

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    This is kinda given I don't see any superstar would want to play for Thibs let alone thinking of him as a advantage for NYK so I'm hoping Knicks go the route of solid two way players and build a foundation I hope this is what they are thinking but it's the Knicks and they always have high chance of dropping the bar lower then before.

So far Rose has made solid fundamental moves to build up the front office and now starting to put the coaching staff in place.

https://youtu.be/sXI_TpxRspA

Thib interview
    Last edited by IDunknown; 07-27-2020 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Years View Post
    So far Rose has made solid fundamental moves to build up the front office and now starting to put the coaching staff in place.
    Every President Knicks have hired as said right things blah blah how many years have we seen this repetitive drama man. They put a agent who no longer has connection with LeBron at president position something he has never done before then they hired a cap expert then they hired scout and veteran coach but there main flaws are still there no PG no GM who has a plan to turn all this picks into something worthwhile. If they are going to stick to cap space trade like since 2006 then nothing will change worse Thibs will make sure they never end with best lottery odds.

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    Every President Knicks have hired as said right things blah blah how many years have we seen this repetitive drama man. They put a agent who no longer has connection with LeBron at president position something he has never done before then they hired a cap expert then they hired scout and veteran coach but there main flaws are still there no PG no GM who has a plan to turn all this picks into something worthwhile. If they are going to stick to cap space trade like since 2006 then nothing will change worse Thibs will make sure they never end with best lottery odds.

Thatís 100% true. With Thibs here, and Rose here, thereís zero chance of tanking. They will be trying to win. So Iíd highly doubt they stay put. There will be signings/trades.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Thatís 100% true. With Thibs here, and Rose here, thereís zero chance of tanking. They will be trying to win. So Iíd highly doubt they stay put. There will be signings/trades.
    Unless we get a top 3 pick nobody they sign is turning this around we are definitely a lottery team next year especially with a shorter offseason and new coach

I do believe, eventually there will be trades/signings but not right now. Outside of Mitchell Robinson and RJ Barrett, the Knicks really don't have any attractive assets. Thanks to previous Front Office and coaching staff, nothing was done to try and develop/showcase these players.

Right now, the most Dennis Smith JR, Kevin Knox, & the Clipper pick can get...would be a mid First Rounder which would be enough to grab Cole Anthony.

I think, Leon Rose KNOWS...the Knicks NEED to draft a transcendental player in order to rebuild. You need someone who will be built around. I think, he looks at LeMelo Ball as the Jason Kidd type who can get the ball to every one, play defense, and chip in as the #3 or #4 option.

Free Agents aren't attracted to coaches. They're attracted to winning.

If the Knicks have wisely cemented the foundation, they don't need a Lebron, Giannis, Harden, Westbrook, or any chump who is going to demand $50M/season of the cap. NAW. Forget it.

Step 1: Draft LaMelo Ball.

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    Unless we get a top 3 pick nobody they sign is turning this around we are definitely a lottery team next year especially with a shorter offseason and new coach
    Yes. Thatís not what I meant though. We wonít be allowed to be bad enough. They will win enough games to ruin the odds. I donít see Thibs and Rose allowing it. Will be happy to win the games the tanking teams are basically giving us

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Hip Hip Hooray... I'm so tired of hearing the word tanking around here... Thibodeau, Rose and WWWes puts that foolishness to rest. Knicks have enough young lottery talent on this team and enough draft picks in their pocket to make deals and develop the young guys on the team. Thibs made guys like Butler, Deng, Noah, even guys Kirk Himerick became very good players when no one thought they would be anything special when they were drafted. Everyone knew D.Rose would be an all-star out of college but Thibs took him to the youngest ever MVP.

Any guard that we get that's committed to working hard and following the game plan that Thibs lays out will be successful.

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    Hip Hip Hooray... I'm so tired of hearing the word tanking around here... Thibodeau, Rose and WWWes puts that foolishness to rest. Knicks have enough young lottery talent on this team and enough draft picks in their pocket to make deals and develop the young guys on the team. Thibs made guys like Butler, Deng, Noah, even guys Kirk Himerick became very good players when no one thought they would be anything special when they were drafted. Everyone knew D.Rose would be an all-star out of college but Thibs took him to the youngest ever MVP.

Any guard that we get that's committed to working hard and following the game plan that Thibs lays out will be successful.
    Youíll be tired of mediocrity too so letís not hip hip horray anything yet lol
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Youíll be tired of mediocrity too so letís not hip hip horray anything yet lol
    When has a Thibodeau team been mediocre? He has never coached a team that wasn't in the playoffs has he?

From what the Knicks have been for the last 20 years, a perennial playoff team is not mediocre my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    When has a Thibodeau team been mediocre? He has never coached a team that wasn't in the playoffs has he?

From what the Knicks have been for the last 20 years, a perennial playoff team is not mediocre my friend.
    The Timberwolves lol the bulls towards the end were crap. Heís coached plenty of mediocre teams. Not saying heís the reason but relax lol no coach will do anything unless we have the talent
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast