Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    If Knicks decide to stick with RJ and Mitch then I like this signing if they dump this guy's plus picks for star player then meh. Five year is also kinda crazy deal since nobody can last under Dolan 2+ years thibs is set for life now lol.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    If Knicks decide to stick with RJ and Mitch then I like this signing if they dump this guy's plus picks for star player then meh. Five year is also kinda crazy deal since nobody can last under Dolan 2+ years thibs is set for life now lol.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
    I think if anyone can last under dolan its thibs It also doesn't hurt that his boy rose is our new president

The thing I like about this move is that you have management committed to someone they believe in.

I have been saying for a while that one of things that has hurt the Knicks is a lack of commitment by coach and/or front office.

I want to see them develop the team by committing to players plan and philosophy they believe in.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    trash? he's averaged 10.5/6/2 on 46/36/86 in just 24 mpg shooting the past 2 years since.

he's a role player but he's one that fits for us at PF and wouldn't cost much.

Wood is an even worse defender and a worse fit and will likely get 12-14m per year.
    Heís pretty trash. If heís dirt cheap yeah canít hurt but heís not moving the needle at all lol wood is the better player and wood is a better rim protector and the same kind of pick and roll defender might honestly be better. But whatever lol doubt either are on our team
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Thibs is here for as long as rose is imo. If rose can get talent Iím pretty optimistic thibs can coach us well enough to make some playoff runs. Weíll see how far we go. Depends on if we can finally get a superstar in the draft. Maybe RJs it maybe our pick this year.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Heís pretty trash. If heís dirt cheap yeah canít hurt but heís not moving the needle at all lol wood is the better player and wood is a better rim protector and the same kind of pick and roll defender might honestly be better. But whatever lol doubt either are on our team
    If some opinions are correct, and we arenít going to spend big on anyone, Wood likely isnít happening. Saric would be a nice, cheap pickup. If we ever actually upgrade the roster, he would be a solid bench piece. Plus, is Wood definitely better, or is what he did a fluke?

Iíd gamble on Wood personally, but heís far from a sure thing

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    If some opinions are correct, and we arenít going to spend big on anyone, Wood likely isnít happening. Saric would be a nice, cheap pickup. If we ever actually upgrade the roster, he would be a solid bench piece. Plus, is Wood definitely better, or is what he did a fluke?

Oh I donít disagree. Iím just saying wood is better than Saric I donít think heís a sure thing
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Ah, yes. The usual Knick chatter. Hoping some UFA is going to be the player, everyone else missed and become the breakout difference maker.

I'm curious to see who Thibs chooses as assistant coaches. I'm sure he'll have a deep discussion with Leon Rose on how they envision this roster going forward.

I think Leon Rose knew it was going to be Thibs weeks ago. I haven't read anything to suggest the Knicks are high on Cole Anthony.

I don't think, Thibs is going to try and replicate the template of the Bulls squad under Rose. Not even sure it's possible. I think, he's going to try and move forward. That's entirely possible. Chauncey Billups changed Larry Brown's approach when he took over the Pistons.

But in order for that to happen, Thibs is going to need the right floor general. That's why this draft is REALLY important.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post

No reason why we canít have both if Saric is cheap.

Wood is definitely better. His shooting might regress, but heís still a good shooter and a very versatile/efficient scorer with dominant traits.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    I could see Cole becoming a Bledsoe type player under THibs, but he has much more shooting potential.
    Completely agree.Cole will shoot better than people think.
    Last edited by Garrett2010; 07-27-2020 at 08:58 AM.

Very interesting thoughts on NY1 guest, Coach Seth Greenberg who talked about how Thibs had given Derrick Rose freedom in the offense. Hence, he's not as regimented as say, Larry Brown who butted heads with Chauncey Billups to the point where Brown demanded Dumars trade him for Eric Snow.

I think, Thibs is a guy who wants his players to be confident and have a rationale for their decision making especially in shot selection.

Having said that, I'm definitely convinced Thibs would be a good fit for LaMelo Ball whose father is a hollering, verbally abusive prick. If you can survive Lavar Ball, then you'll be fine with Coach Thibs.

I do think, Thibs will love Frank Ntilikina. I think, he'll definitely spend a lot of time working with Frank and Mitchell Robinson. They're going to be the lynchpin of the Knicks' D and will help the others concentrate on their offense.

As for assistants, I get the feeling either Mike Miller and/or Woodson will be an assistant coach. I would prefer someone a little innovative but we'll see.

Lastly Jae Crowder welcomed back Thibs who tried to fight him when Crowder was with the Jazz and Thibs coached the Wolves. I LOVE coaches who fight for their team. Remember when JVD tried to hang onto Alonzo Mourning? Oh man, I was pumped!

I am happy with the Thibs hire. It's exciting to think about what he can do with Mitch, RJ and even Frank to a degree. He pretty much has the opportunity to build those guys up from scratch. All the talk about "culture" - it does seem like Thibs is actually a guy who can set up a program and build an identity.

The only question I have is around the idea that players don't want to play for him and his demanding style. Let's face it - the players today are primadonnas and they want their rest days and they want to be coddled and told how great they are. All this talk about "real players" knowing what it takes to win and Thibs being cut from that cloth is true but I'm not sure how true it is today. I will say if the talk about players not wanting to play from Thibs was THAT true I think Rose and WWW would be plugged into that and wouldn't go this route.

That said, I have faith that Thibs can adapt his style a bit and I think we have some of the right players for him already in Mitch and RJ. Don't know if there was a coach on the market I would feel better about developing those two into 2-way stars.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    Completely agree.Cole will shoot better than people think.
    Thibs isn't D'antoni with PG's, but so many PG's have flourished under him.

Hinrich, Rose, Nate, Rose again in MIN. DJ Augustine even had a career year under Thibs and then like Nate, kind of disappeared when he left. Even Duhon was solid for some good CHI teams under Thibs.

there's very little doubt that if we drafted Cole, Thibs would get the most out of him, whether that's helping him become an all star, or Bledsoe type... who knows, but Thibs is the guy that will help him reach his ceiling.

Of course same goes for Ball, but i'm mentally prepared for the #8 pick as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    I am happy with the Thibs hire. It's exciting to think about what he can do with Mitch, RJ and even Frank to a degree. He pretty much has the opportunity to build those guys up from scratch. All the talk about "culture" - it does seem like Thibs is actually a guy who can set up a program and build an identity.

The only question I have is around the idea that players don't want to play for him and his demanding style. Let's face it - the players today are primadonnas and they want their rest days and they want to be coddled and told how great they are. All this talk about "real players" knowing what it takes to win and Thibs being cut from that cloth is true but I'm not sure how true it is today. I will say if the talk about players not wanting to play from Thibs was THAT true I think Rose and WWW would be plugged into that and wouldn't go this route.

That said, I have faith that Thibs can adapt his style a bit and I think we have some of the right players for him already in Mitch and RJ. Don't know if there was a coach on the market I would feel better about developing those two into 2-way stars.
    welcome back D.

I think RJ is going to be the leader of this team, and I think he has a great work ethic and would benefit from a coach pushing him. The other guys are all young and shouldn't have EGO's. Frank will put the work in, even Knox has a good work ethic from what i've read. 21 year olds who haven't accomplished anything usually don't have ego's that big and want to work if you show them they will succeed. I think DSJR might be the exception but he' can kick rocks, he's had issues since day 1.

Thibs can give this team an identity and we have the roster to start something. we won't win next year barring major signings or draft picks, but it can finally be a step in the right direction.

If anyone can save DSJ, Knox and Ntilikina, it's Thibs. We at least need them to increase their dead trade value by midseason.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast