Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast
    https://mobile.twitter.com/JoeLaFort...37655776169986

Very interesting. 100 percent coaching issue

Mis use of your roster

Quote Originally Posted by Praise_Di_Yute View Post
    https://mobile.twitter.com/JoeLaFort...37655776169986

Very interesting. 100 percent coaching issue

Mis use of your roster
    Personnel issue...how many coaches are we going to blame before we get that? This team is overachieving as it is.

People can't possibly think that Frank being on the bench is the issue...

Thibs isn't perfect, but look at who these other teams have closing the games out for them. Typically the player is head and shoulders above the Knicks best player. The Knicks don't have one of those guys and I don't mean just a closer...I mean a true number 1 guy.
    Last edited by smood999; 04-06-2021 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Personnel issue...how many coaches are we going to blame before we get that? This team is overachieving as it is.

People can't possibly think that Frank being on the bench is the issue...

Thibs isn't perfect, but look at who these other teams have closing the games out for them. Typically the player is head and shoulders above the Knicks best player. The Knicks don't have one of those guys and I don't mean just a closer...I mean a true number 1 guy.
    Frank is very good defender and thats why he is still on the roster. If you have. A certain player cooking your team you should adjust as the coach. Thibs has zero feel for in game adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by Praise_Di_Yute View Post
    Frank is very good defender and thats why he is still on the roster. If you have. A certain player cooking your team you should adjust as the coach. Thibs has zero feel for in game adjustments.
    Did you see the shots that Kyrie was hitting? Players draped all over him, heís falling down and still making it.

Frank is a good defender, but I donít know why you guys think that heís Superman.

NBA players have shown time and time again that sometimes the defense doesnít matter...especially when a player was on like Kyrie was last night.

Even despite that, they still had their chances but couldnít make a shot. Frank isnít helping in that department...it goes both ways.

What is Frank going to do any differently here?

https://twitter.com/espnnba/status/1...284512768?s=21
    Last edited by smood999; 04-06-2021 at 12:26 PM.

I agree that Thibs is stubborn and there are definitely a few games where we can point to him and his lack of flexibility as being a negative, but I don't think last night was one and I still for the life of me cannot understand why people think Frank is some cure all for situations like this.

The Nets have Kyrie. The Knicks have Randle. Sometimes it's just that simple in tight games.

The Knicks don't have any special talents/players on the team. The limited success they've had already this season is impressive as is and Thibs has a lot to do with that.

Obi literally got 90 seconds in the 2nd half.

Quote Originally Posted by AI View Post
    Obi literally got 90 seconds in the 2nd half.
    Just enough time to hit a corner 3 as the shot clock expired and turn someone away at the rim [emoji3].

Seriously, he should play and we should make an effort to use him. We ran a couple high screen rolls with him yesterday maybe it will start being something we use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

I agree that Thibs is stubborn and there are definitely a few games where we can point to him and his lack of flexibility as being a negative, but I don't think last night was one and I still for the life of me cannot understand why people think Frank is some cure all for situations like this.

The Nets have Kyrie. The Knicks have Randle. Sometimes it's just that simple in tight games.

The Knicks don't have any special talents/players on the team. The limited success they've had already this season is impressive as is and Thibs has a lot to do with that.
    The only way you can blame the coach is if you KD Westbrook Harden and still didn't win finals it would be funny if Steve Nash keeps his job if nets don't win the chip but Thibs gets fired because he cant make Taj Obi Payton RJ Rose Noel shoot wide open 3s.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    The only way you can blame the coach is if you KD Westbrook Harden and still didn't win finals it would be funny if Steve Nash keeps his job if nets don't win the chip but Thibs gets fired because he cant make Taj Obi Payton RJ Rose Noel shoot wide open 3s.

2 of those guys shouldnít be getting as much time as Thibs is giving them. Our problem with Thibs isnít that he is to blame for our half-way decent roster, itís that heís stubborn and outright refuses to make adjustments and step out of his comfort zone when things arenít going to plan. Yesterday Randle was clearly gassed and Obi couldnít even stay on the court for 90 seconds. Nobody could stop Kyrie and Frank couldnít even get a cup of coffee to see how he does. He doesnít deviate from what he does EVERY SINGLE GAME.

Every coach has there style the FO hired him knowing that and the biggest problem is that we finally have a winning coach but our FO is inexperienced at building winning team Perry has never built contender nor has the CAA even with all this assets the Knicks did nothing at deadline and now Knicks will be drafting with bunch of low first round picks for a coach who wants players who can compete at NBA lvl and our team has sucked at drafting since Zeke left.

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post

You want Noel shooting 3s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well actually if they would get the Frank is GOAT defender out of their heads they would also realize the chance of him fouling and Kyrie not only making the shot but gets an and one, is pretty strong.

IDK smood maybe if Frank was playing this team would be all alone in 4th place because obviously where we are was totally predicted when the season started and it could be better?

Yes he's stubborn but damn!!!

And funny thing in the game thread posters all over Payton yet he scored 4 crucial points and he did everything possible on Kyrie, that wasn't bad defense at all. Do I not want to see Payton in there, absolutely, but lets call it for real without the hatred.

Bring back Jeff Hornacek! *record scratch*

Bring back Derek Fisher! *record scratch*

Bring back Isiah Thomas! *record scratch*

Bring back Larry Brown! *record scratch*

Guys...the fact, Thibs took the job is a miracle in itself.

As much as I like Kenny Atkinson, there's NO WAY he would survive the usual B.S. in the Front Office of MSG. What happened to Atkinson with the Nets was exactly what Steve Mills hoped the Knicks could become.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    Bring back Jeff Hornacek! *record scratch*

Bring back Derek Fisher! *record scratch*

Bring back Isiah Thomas! *record scratch*

Bring back Larry Brown! *record scratch*

Guys...the fact, Thibs took the job is a miracle in itself.

As much as I like Kenny Atkinson, there's NO WAY he would survive the usual B.S. in the Front Office of MSG. What happened to Atkinson with the Nets was exactly what Steve Mills hoped the Knicks could become.
    Steve Mills should have spent the money he did on THjr for a better brain then he would have been a better GM/President.

Knicks hire Tom Thibodeau

OK we lost some games. Its time to trash the coach!

Thibs is a good coach BUT i do think calling him inflexible is fair. Thibs isn't going to go from coaching the Showtime Lakers to the grind-it-out Ewing Knicks IMO. Thibs is going to be Thibs and coach his style of ball. His defend the paint at all cost defense has worked well. On offense he seems to be all about pressuring the rim off the dribble and trying to force doubles by driving. Iím not a fan of over dribbling. I realize with Randle and Barrett we are going to see a lot of bounce but I think we are pretty extreme. In fact I would guess if someone started counting assist to dribble ratio we would dead last. Iíd like more ball movement. One simple thing our offensive is missing is some spread floor pick and roll. It seems to be a staple for most of the league but its just not Thibs thing. I think you could use Randle both as a roller and ball handler. When Q is with the first unit he set some on ball screens for Randle and it seems to be really successful. This would also help the second unit and be big for Obi Toppin who is not used as a finisher or big at all. I also think a little small ball would help the team. Barrett at the 4, Obi Randle combos, some Kevin Knoxs. I think some small adjustment and just a simple emphasis on passing would help. I saw Barrett pass out of the post the other day, the ball swinging around to the corner with 0 dribbles until Burks hit a 3. How often do we have 3 passes without a dribble while seeing the ball change sides on the floor? It almost never happens

I think where people get most frustrated with Thibs being Thibs is when it seems to have a negative effect on what we can get out of individual players. Frank is a guy that plays the guard spot isnít a sniper and isnít going pressure the rim a lot. I like Frank and think he can help us. I donít see him finding mins without injury because he doesnít drive. Its that simple. Knoxs is a sniper but he canít drive, doesnít protect the paint, and is a bit of a tweener. I donít see him playing either. Before Díantoni revolutionized the game being a tweener was a death sentence for most guys. It shouldnít be any more. We just played Boston. How many mins did Tristen Thompson log at center? If Thompson can play center we could play Obi and Randle together, Knox at 4 etc.
    Thibs being Thibs also means heavy mins and a lack of trust in our rookies. Randle lead the lead in mins and our rookies frequently combine for under 25 mins of action. I know people say they made up and they may have but remember Towns said the way Thibs treated rooks of Minn was ďa slap in the faceĒ. No doubt there is some truth to that. He is very hard on them.

Q is averaging under 15 mins a game since Rose and Elf are back. He has been better then Payton all season. The reason we hear is defense and rim pressure. I think this actually encourages Q to play to his poorer instincts at times. If he canít find the floater after 4 dribbles he should pass the ball. Instead he hunts because we driving is what our guard do to create doubles and b/c he need to light it up to stay in the game. His development would be better suited if we spread the floor, let him run pick and roll with Toppin, and encouraged him to catch and shoot more (he is defaintely more comfortable playing off the dribble and with his shot passing up shots to dribble is usually a bad decision)

Toppin, my boy. Wow he has had it rough. He really does remind me of STAT. STAT was a paint by numbers offensive force. I feel Toppin approaches the game the same way. Unfortunately, he is not used to the numbers as a wing at all. Anyway, he has been in under 50 pick and rolls this season (cleaning the glass said so). I am sure he has under 20 post ups. I remember when Thibs coached Minn in the playoffs Towns wasnít getting any shots. A lot of people thought he wasnít getting looks b/c young Towns wasnít great off the bounce, playoff D was up on him, and Thibs didnít had him outside the 3 point line all game. Thibs said Towns had to be more active and he would get shots. I think Toppin needs to get comfortable he has enough skills where there was no reason for him to be turning his back to the basket all the time. The mental block shooting is also an issue but we havenít done him any favors
    Last edited by ewing; 04-08-2021 at 02:14 PM.

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast