Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Yes. Thatís not what I meant though. We wonít be allowed to be bad enough. They will win enough games to ruin the odds. I donít see Thibs and Rose allowing it. Will be happy to win the games the tanking teams are basically giving us
    Regardless we are still a bad team and with the new lottery odds we should be fine

I think we end up with a really good player this year whether its melo cole deni or obi and like someone else said we have lottery talent here already

I seriously doubt we'd be a bottom 3 team even if we tried

I'd say we are a 25 win min team no matter who the coach is

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    Regardless we are still a bad team and with the new lottery odds we should be fine

I think we end up with a really good player this year whether its melo cole deni or obi and like someone else said we have lottery talent here already

Itís impossible to say what we are until moves are made. Itís easy to say weíll suck right now.

Think Thibs is going to play an up tempo squad that presses on defense. Should be interesting watching this young, athletic squad utilize their youth and athleticism.

I still think, the Knicks are going to acquire Lamelo Ball. Still think they swap picks and Kevin Love comes to New York. The Knicks can no longer subscribe to complacency. That's what got them Jordan Hill instead of Steph Curry. That's what got them Kevin Knox instead of Luka Doncic.

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post

Well being bad, and being bottom 3 are two different things. You almost have to want to be bottom 3 bad. Case in point, this season. How much worse could we be, yet we werenít bottom 3, because we went for a few dumb, meaningless wins. Typically this team is always unwilling to be bottom 3. We wonít be allowed to be that bad again. So we are going to have to get better another way, because Iíd expect more picks in the 7-10 range

Everything depends on what Leon Rose does with the draft and free agency. I refuse to believe the Knicks will be as bad as they were under: Derek Fisher, Jeff Hornacek, Kurt Rambis, David Fizdale, and Mike Miller. Not because those young coaches didn't know what they were doing but the Front Office was a mess, sorting itself out every couple of seasons.

I think, Leon Rose goes all out to get LaMelo Ball. Getting Ball is already an improvement over the last 2 seasons. So I expect 25 wins next season on just Ball alone.

Then there is a possibility that the Knicks trade for a veteran or two. I think if Rose can swing for Kevin Love and/or Chris Paul then the Knicks are definitely hanging close to a 8th seed.

I prefer the Knicks continue being a lottery team next season but I think Rose looks at it, "I'll keep using the cap space to acquire bad contracts, accumulation of First Round picks so if any of these teams implode then the Knicks can continue to compete while we get a high draft pick from someone else. Also I have vets that Thibs can run into the ground. No harm. No foul."

I think, the Knicks come damn close to .500 next season. They finally got a guy who doesn't party, doesn't have a hot wife...lives, breathes NBA.

Good analysis on Thibs defense and how Mitchell Robinson is the key:

And the Ringer thinks it's a great hire.

Well being bad, and being bottom 3 are two different things. You almost have to want to be bottom 3 bad. Case in point, this season. How much worse could we be, yet we werenít bottom 3, because we went for a few dumb, meaningless wins. Typically this team is always unwilling to be bottom 3. We wonít be allowed to be that bad again. So we are going to have to get better another way, because Iíd expect more picks in the 7-10 range
    Well hopefully we get lamelo or one of the pgs pan out if we hit a homerun now we won't need to super tank next year this draft is the key rose and thibs need to find some gems

Not just the first pick but the 2nd pick too our
    2nd rd is like another 1st also

The clips pick might get better alot of their players are leaving the bubble so they might lose some games early on

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    Good analysis on Thibs defense and how Mitchell Robinson is the key:
    Mitch has better IQ than some give him credit for. The Javale McGee comparison is a bad one.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Mitch has better IQ than some give him credit for. The Javale McGee comparison is a bad one.
    Agreed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    First of all, the narrator does credit Mitchell Robinson as having the IQ to be the Joakim Noah of the Knicks' defense.

As for the Javale McGee "Big Daddy Wookie" comparisons, I agree Mitchell Robinson has the higher ceiling but thus far Mitchell Robinson's numbers are similar except playing time (Robinson plays longer). You can thank ex-coach Mike Miller who restricted Mitchell Robinson's numbers to just 23.1 minutes per game.

You can't fault anyone for looking at the base numbers. I can't fault anyone for not watching more Knick games because they are an atrocious team.

We haven't seen Mitchell Robinson play meaningful games on a winning team. Let's see that first...

First of all, the narrator does credit Mitchell Robinson as having the IQ to be the Joakim Noah of the Knicks' defense.

As for the Javale McGee "Big Daddy Wookie" comparisons, I agree Mitchell Robinson has the higher ceiling but thus far Mitchell Robinson's numbers are similar except playing time (Robinson plays longer). You can thank ex-coach Mike Miller who restricted Mitchell Robinson's numbers to just 23.1 minutes per game.

You can't fault anyone for looking at the base numbers. I can't fault anyone for not watching more Knick games because they are an atrocious team.

We haven't seen Mitchell Robinson play meaningful games on a winning team. Let's see that first...
    I think the fact the team is so bad, is whats impressive about Mitch. That he can single-handedly impact a game like he does, is special. Put a real team around him, with some other solid defenders, and then who knows what he could do

For him to have strong metrics, despite playing with bums, says a lot

I think the fact the team is so bad, is whats impressive about Mitch. That he can single-handedly impact a game like he does, is special. Put a real team around him, with some other solid defenders, and then who knows what he could do

For him to have strong metrics, despite playing with bums, says a lot
    Agreed. That's why I'm going to give the narrator a pass because I don't think he is a Knicks' fan. He's a basketball fan but I don't think he watches the Knicks' regularly hence, his comparison is very conservative.

Some Knick fans are going to hate Thibs for keeping Mitchell Robinson and the kids out there till they foul out but this is how you develop kids. You don't learn sitting on the bench 50% of EVERY game.

I think the Knicks will see a 7 win improvement with a point guard, hopefully a good investment in free agency, and a coach who knows what he's doing.

As for the Javale McGee "Big Daddy Wookie" comparisons,
    I agree Mitchell Robinson has the higher ceiling but thus far Mitchell Robinson's numbers are similar except playing time (Robinson plays longer). You can thank ex-coach Mike Miller who restricted Mitchell Robinson's numbers to just 23.1 minutes per game.

there's a whole lot of middle ground between those 2 that i'd gladly take. but anyone that says Mitch has Noah's defensive IQ clearly has not watched much of Knicks basketball. Noah was one of the smartest team defenders I've ever seen. there's a reason he was nearly league MVP despite not scoring much.

Everything depends on what Leon Rose does with the draft and free agency. I refuse to believe the Knicks will be as bad as they were under: Derek Fisher, Jeff Hornacek, Kurt Rambis, David Fizdale, and Mike Miller. Not because those young coaches didn't know what they were doing but the Front Office was a mess, sorting itself out every couple of seasons.

I think, Leon Rose goes all out to get LaMelo Ball. Getting Ball is already an improvement over the last 2 seasons. So I expect 25 wins next season on just Ball alone.

Then there is a possibility that the Knicks trade for a veteran or two. I think if Rose can swing for Kevin Love and/or Chris Paul then the Knicks are definitely hanging close to a 8th seed.

I prefer the Knicks continue being a lottery team next season but I think Rose looks at it, "I'll keep using the cap space to acquire bad contracts, accumulation of First Round picks so if any of these teams implode then the Knicks can continue to compete while we get a high draft pick from someone else. Also I have vets that Thibs can run into the ground. No harm. No foul."

I think, the Knicks come damn close to .500 next season. They finally got a guy who doesn't party, doesn't have a hot wife...lives, breathes NBA.
    I guess you make a small point there, I know if Natasha was my wife I wouldn't get any sleep.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast