Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Y’all know thibs personally ? Lol I’m gonna assume rose is going to tell him they’re taking ball if they can.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Thibs? Oh yeah man. We park our cars in the same garage. lol.

I know this...Thibs and Haliburton is not going to work.

I think, the Knicks want a big guard for Thibs. Ball seems like the most logical choice. If the Knicks get within 2-3 slots within Ball, I can see them swap picks with a team like Minnesota who already has a point guard in D'Angelo Russell.

I'm going to love the defensive intensity brought by Mitchell Robinson and Frank Ntilikina. I can see RJ becoming an elite two-way player under Thibs.

Until the Knicks upgrade their SG and/or PF position...they're not a playoff contender yet.

Quote Originally Posted by jericho View Post
    I think I'm gonna cry. First good move in forever. Now let's see how they round out the rest of the coaching staff.
    " There is no crying in basketball "

Rose and his acolytes are not about basketball. They are entertainment agents. Once again, Knick fans being played for suckers by Dolan. Nothing changes ...

Knicks hire Tom Thibodeau

I realize hes tight with Rose but on paper we still hired the more qualified guy right? I would have been cool with Atkinson but thibbs will get this team playing hard. Frank and Mitch should really flourish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The PG most similar to D Rose is Cole. I think that's the best fit outside of Ball.

5 years is long though but I guess that's what Thibs was demanding.

I fully expect RJ to average something like 20/5/5 now next year.

DSJR either needs to get ready to work, or request a trade...lol.

Priority #1 should be a PF that can shoot.

Gallo would be great but if not, Saric seems like a Thibs player. tough minded, solid defender, can shoot a little and young. I could see him thriving under Thibs also.

Mitch
    Saric
    RJ
    Frank
    Cole

not good enough to win or take us out of the lotto, but good enough to establish a defensive identity and make us attractive to FA's.

Stealing Beasely from MIN and having him at SG would also be great.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Priority #1 should be a PF that can shoot.

Gallo would be great but if not, Saric seems like a Thibs player. tough minded, solid defender, can shoot a little and young. I could see him thriving under Thibs also.

Mitch
    Saric
    RJ
    Frank
    Cole

not good enough to win or take us out of the lotto, but good enough to establish a defensive identity and make us attractive to FA's.

Stealing Beasely from MIN and having him at SG would also be great.
    Saric would be a good look. And affordable

And I’m still holding out hope for Beasley. Not likely, but I hope we give it a good shot at least. Thibs, or any other coach, we really need to fix the 2 huge holes in the backcourt

I definitely don't see Thibs wanting Haliburton. Thibs likes guys with a high level of athleticism and strength. Haliburton is going to need a couple seasons of adding muscle and conditioning in order to get to the next level as a point guard.

Guys, Thibs had nothing to do with the Bulls roster.

Vinny del Negro had Derrick Rose as a rookie plus, Luol Deng, Joakim Noah (2nd year), Ben Gordon...the 2008-9 Bulls roster which finished 41-41...Thibs took over and turned them immediately into a Title Contender.

The problem with that roster was the fact, Rose dominated the ball and often turned into 1 on 5 on offense and 5 on 4 defensively. As we learned first hand, Rose didn't work sharing the ball with Melo and KP. That was a disaster.

IF LaMelo Ball is available, I can't see the Knicks taking Cole Anthony. BUT if the Knicks trade down, it's a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    I definitely don't see Thibs wanting Haliburton. Thibs likes guys with a high level of athleticism and strength. Haliburton is going to need a couple seasons of adding muscle and conditioning in order to get to the next level as a point guard.

Guys, Thibs had nothing to do with the Bulls roster.

Vinny del Negro had Derrick Rose as a rookie plus, Luol Deng, Joakim Noah (2nd year), Ben Gordon...the 2008-9 Bulls roster which finished 41-41...Thibs took over and turned them immediately into a Title Contender.

The problem with that roster was the fact, Rose dominated the ball and often turned into 1 on 5 on offense and 5 on 4 defensively. As we learned first hand, Rose didn't work sharing the ball with Melo and KP. That was a disaster.

IF LaMelo Ball is available, I can't see the Knicks taking Cole Anthony. BUT if the Knicks trade down, it's a possibility.
    There was no problems with Rose, or the roster. They just weren’t quite ready to take on the Heat..

The only problem, was Rose got hurt. Dude was a 22 year old MVP, was about to take over the league. So stop with that nonsense

And thanks for the obvious info that if Ball is available, we wouldn’t take Cole. We should still be looking best PG available, regardless of Thibs being coach
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 07-26-2020 at 08:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Saric would be a good look. And affordable

And I’m still holding out hope for Beasley. Not likely, but I hope we give it a good shot at least. Thibs, or any other coach, we really need to fix the 2 huge holes in the backcourt
    as long as we draft a PG, and maybe even a SG/SF, our backcourt should be fine, at least in the sense of having young guys to develop and seeing who, if anyone steps up and sticks.

RJ, Frank, Dotson, + Cole and another Guard we draft gives us options there. Tough to see whats going to happen to DSJR. On the one hand, Thibs has done well with PG's, even squeezed one last solid season from Nate and went to the 2nd round of the playoffs with him starting every game, on the other hand, guys that don't defend and work hard don't get along with Thibs. I could see DSJR just moping on the bench like he did in DAL when Carlise benched him. but it's not like we could get much for him in a trade either so it's a tough situation.

of course I would love Beasely though, wanted him at SG for over a year now, I just don't see it happening. Gallo is probably the best player I could realistically see signing with us.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Frank about to win DPOY!

fine i'll settle for all defensive team.

Ignorance is bliss

Great news

Kira Lewis is the most like rose was and I also wouldn't be surprised if we ended up with him

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    Thibs would take cole thibs likes pgs who can shoot
    I can see him drafting Cole too. He has a similar skill set to D rose too. Both extremely athletic pgs although Cole is a better 3pt shooter already

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast