Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Trade scenarios with possible cap drop off

As you guys seen on the main forum, there is a possible cap drop off of 10 to 15%. There will be a few teams that will be hitting the tax threshold and could go in a selling mode to save some mula. What trades could you guys see happen if it did came to fruition. We could get a superstar that way or go full tank mode and trade for bad contracts with draft picks attached.

Me personally if that did happen. I would go full tank mode and try to get CP3 with a few draft picks.

Best poster on PSD Douglas

I don't believe there will be a cap drop off. The Chinese care too much about their money and also the has been a slow down in coverage on the Hong Kong protests. I don't think that is a coincidence

I'm just going to bring this up again since Woj said something about it.

I agree there won't be a cap drop off, if anything the other rumors are to be about the same if anything.

And that will not be a thought by the 6th, that will happen when it happens then you have the FA to deal with it.

I do agree there would be a couple of teams that could take advantage of it if it did happen.

But also realize in your example OKC still has to take contracts back but could save up to 25% of CP3's contract

they goes for most of the teams that need to save cap, they still need to take contracts back, but TE's could also come into play and have more of an impact as well, whichever teams have those, like Dallas just used part of theirs.

The Cap was set for 2019-2020, so I'm a bit confused by the urgency for this deadline, it could only affect the 2020-21 season, so I'm not sure why the panic for any team right now? If any team wants to save lux tax right now like GS did, then yea the 6th is a big deal, but it has nothing to do with China and next seasons cap?

Adrian Wojnarowski‏Verified account @wojespn 7h7 hours ago

League office is expected to deliver updated projections as soon as later today, an accommodation allowing for teams to make more informed financial and roster decisions ahead of next Thursday's trade deadline. Loss of China revenue a primary factor in anticipated decline.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">League office is expected to deliver updated projections as soon as later today, an accommodation allowing for teams to make more informed financial and roster decisions ahead of next Thursday&#39;s trade deadline. Loss of China revenue a primary factor in anticipated decline. <a href="https://t.co/4DKjtmpfn8">https://t.co/4DKjtmpfn8</a></p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) <a href="https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1222764097353199618?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 30, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I dont know how to post a tweet look up the tweet from Woj today

ESPN reporting with @BobbyMarks42: NBA has alerted teams to impending release of adjusted 2020-'21 salary and luxury tax projections, signaling a likelihood that a decline in revenue will cause a drop in the figures. Story: https://t.co/yEfmxj04uI

League office is expected to deliver updated projections as soon as later today, an accommodation allowing for teams to make more informed financial and roster decisions ahead of next Thursday's trade deadline. Loss of China revenue a primary factor in anticipated decline.

-WOJ

There you go...

The NBA has informed teams of projected 2020-2021 salary cap: $115M, league source tells ESPN. Original projection was $116M. That is still an increase from $109.1M in 2019-20.

-WOJ

I'm just gonna bring this back up lol. Anyways depending on how much the cap is going down by. We could potentially trade with the Warriors for that 2nd pick and Wiggins. Just in case I dont want Wiggins at all. But if we can get Lamelo and absorb his contract to do so. Why not. It would be funny to see Wiggins being coached by Thibs again lol.

I know it ain't the same circumstance. But the Cap is still going down tho.

The Knicks might not be in the Driver's seat in this upcoming 2020 Draft but they are most certainly be the most attractive team when it comes to salary dumps. This is where the Knicks can load up on draft picks.

That's how Boston turned it around. By having the rights to other teams' draft picks. Use their luck.

Teams like Golden State would love to dump Andrew Wiggins' contract. In 2 seasons Steph Curry will be 34 yrs old and that's the perfect time to place an unprotected future first rounder.

Another team looking to dump would be the Cleveland Cavaliers who would love to dump Kevin Love's contract and would add an unprotected future first rounder.

How about New Orleans Pelicans? They're going to have to re-sign a few guys. You could take on the contract of Lonzo Ball and some change in exchange of one of their ridiculous number of extra first rounders from the Lakers who are one Lebron James injury from being the worst team in the NBA.

To me, this is something the Knicks should have looked into back when Mills was in charge.