Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SK6 View Post
    Who wants to watch 35 year old CP3 and 37 year old Melo get this team to .500?

I would have much more fun watching the young guys develop game by game with a real coach under Thibs.

No thanks to CP3, Melo and another year of wasted basketball with nothing to show for the teams future.
    Not saying we are there yet, but I do like to watch the thunder more since Westbrook and George got traded. I wish we wouldíve that kind of mentor ship on our team, instead of bone headia aka one year signings of one trick ponies. Building is about getting your picks right, no matter where they happen and 2nd developing those - we fail mostly at one of the two.

Also a player traded from a winning team, playing good, usually reaps a better reward then a player from a losing team.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    If the business of sports was about "fit" then the Knicks wouldn't be in a forty-six year drought.

The NBA is ruled by player collusion.

No I don't believe Durant would ask Melo over Bradley Beal. It would be STUPID.
    Why would he need Melo instead of Bradley Beal when they can trade for Beal and sign Melo to the MLE LMFAOO clearly you didnít read the post Mr.Bot
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Thibs gets so much flack about running players into the ground, but I don't here that about D'antoni. He's known for his 8 man rotations. Its amazing Harden is holding up so well.

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Why would he need Melo instead of Bradley Beal when they can trade for Beal and sign Melo to the MLE LMFAOO clearly you didnít read the post Mr.Bot
    Where are you going to play Melo?

Durant is their starting SF with Dinwiddle & Irving starting back court.

Taurean Waller-Prince gets a $13M, $15M pay raise to slot between SG and SF.

Caris LeVert gets a $16M pay raise starting next season also plays both SG-SF.

Then Garrett Temple has a $5M player option who ALSO plays SG-SF.

Listen, stop spreading COVID with the diarrhea coming out of your mouth...wash your hands and yo mouth. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by S.L.ugger View Post
    Thibs gets so much flack about running players into the ground, but I don't here that about D'antoni. He's known for his 8 man rotations. Its amazing Harden is holding up so well.
    It like that bs and these guy are athletes that get hurt sometimes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    It like that bs and these guy are athletes that get hurt sometimes

Harden burns out in the playoffs every year.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Harden burns out in the playoffs every year.
    Was he a consistent playoff performer before Mike D?

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Hardly anyone noticed because the Knicks were so poorly put together for much of his tenure.

First of all, hiring D'Antoni with Stephon Marbury around is kind of like getting divorced and invited your ex-wife to a party. Q. Richardson lost his stroke from the perimeter. His nickname became Q-Brick. Both Q and Jamal Crawford's shot selection was about as smart as someone trying to administer a flu vaccine blindfolded. Eddy Curry. Ugh.

Sure there was some levity with Melo but Amare's knees were ground into dust under Magic Mike.

In Houston Harden's over-dribbling fits with D'Antoni. Similar to Nash, Harden is able to make something discouraged by coaches into a strength. Chris Paul had to take games off. He didn't fit that system. Missing time as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Was he a consistent playoff performer before Mike D?

He choked in the Finals with the Thunder but he was young. He also wasnít a starter on those OKC teams. Other than that, he had only one other deep run in Houston without Mike D. I donít remember how that ended. His numbers were better though, but I donít want to draw conclusions based on that without context.

2014-15 the Houston Rockets lost to the GS Warriors in the WCF with Harden and coach McHale. It was the ONLY time McHale got out of the first round.

Magic Mike D'Antoni seems to at least get the Rockets to the Semi-Finals x2 and WCFs once.

Curious to see if the Rockets have enough to get past the Lakers and Clippers...

2014-15 the Houston Rockets lost to the GS Warriors in the WCF with Harden and coach McHale. It was the ONLY time McHale got out of the first round.

Magic Mike D'Antoni seems to at least get the Rockets to the Semi-Finals x2 and WCFs once.

Curious to see if the Rockets have enough to get past the Lakers and Clippers...
    They donít
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

They donít
    That won't surprise me.

I'm just wondering what will be the fallout. The Rockets' payroll situation is a mess. Westbrook and Harden are both over 30, owed $80M each over next 2 seasons PLUS a $46M player option.

Eric Gordon has four years left that ends at $20M/final season.

Is Daryl Morey trying to get himself fired or does he have an ace up his sleeve? The Rockets are known to screw over the Knicks in years past.

That won't surprise me.

I'm just wondering what will be the fallout. The Rockets' payroll situation is a mess. Westbrook and Harden are both over 30, owed $80M each over next 2 seasons PLUS a $46M player option.

Eric Gordon has four years left that ends at $20M/final season.

Is Daryl Morey trying to get himself fired or does he have an ace up his sleeve? The Rockets are known to screw over the Knicks in years past.
    Probably just play it until harden leaves then rebuild
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Knicks hire coaching assistant, Kenny "House of Pain" Payne...which is a great choice.

I'm sure the Knicks aren't done hiring guys who will assist with player development.

How embarrassing that the RJ Barrett was considering hiring his own assistant to help him develop.

Probably just play it until harden leaves then rebuild
    The should hit the rebuild button if they dont win this season. Harden alone would net them a lot of assets and Westbrook still has some value. They also have some players other teams want like Covington and Gordon. The longer they wait the lower their trade value would be. Can you imagine all the assets they could get by trading those 4 players

16. 08-10-2020, 06:10 PM
    Reason
    Insults

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast