Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Yup. I generally describe the latter as "imagine if In-N-Out specialized in chicken sandwiches instead of burgers". Both are always clean, well run, and not bad at all for a fast food joint.
    I'd say Raising Canes is kind of in this boat. Solid tenders, the toast is amazing, and decent white castle like crinkle cuts

The lemonade from there is absolutely fire too.

Quote Originally Posted by northsider View Post
    Popeyes sandwich was legit, but there was zero reason to go through all that when at the end of the day I stand that Chick-Fil-A is better and the waffle fries just match that combo.
    its the same reason people were going nuts over the szechuan sauce from McDonalds. some influencer or tv show or something said it was the greatest thing ever and so the mass amount of idiots in this world just had to have it which caused chaos. a person can be smart people are dumb.

Oh yeah. Def the stab-worthy new one. It's legit. Won't blow your mind or anything but it's easily my favorite fast food chicken sandwich.
    Yeah, I love that sandwich. I never have chicken sandwiches, but that is the only one I will eat.

I guess some people are oddly partial to White Castle but they suck and so does their southern sister Krystal. You might as well eat your money.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    Arby's roast beef and curly fries are great. There is no need to get anything else, even though they try to push through so many limited time sandwiches.

KFC I agree with. They don't beat Popeyes in any category for me.

Wendy's I disagree. I love their spicy chicken, and the burgers are pretty good for the price. Normally I would rather go to a bar or grill and order a burger, or just suck it up and overpay for Five Guys, but I'll take a Wendy's burger in a pinch.
    I like Arbys curly fries. I just don't like any of their sandwiches. Every time I hear Arbys I think of this Simpsons clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zl1EBudmol8

I like the famous bowl from KFC, but overall I think their chicken sucks. I used to be so much better. Popeyes chicken is so much better it's not even close.

I don't mind Wendys burgers and I like their chili. My problem with them is I hate their fries. I hate Burger Kings fries as well, but I like their onion rings. If Wendys had another option I wouldn't rank them as low probably. I won't go their because of it though.

I love the chicken bacon n Swiss from Arby's but its not a signature sandwich or anything. But thaf with curly fries and dipping cheese is where its at from Arbys.

Popeyes sandwich was legit, but there was zero reason to go through all that when at the end of the day I stand that Chick-Fil-A is better and the waffle fries just match that combo.
    Popeyes has the better sandwich (and I'm a big CFA fan). Waffle fries def **** on whatever fry offerings Popeyes has though.

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

I used to enjoy Arby's a long time ago, their chicken cordon blue and onion petals were awesome. it was a go to meal when I wanted something quick, and it was cheap you used to be able to get the sandwich and a thing of onion petals for like 4 bucks.

In N Out and Chick-fil-A stay in their lane and do a great job with a limited menu and not trying to encompass everything.
    I like when they're right next to each other, we gotta a few situated like that here. Each helps the other cover the spectrum.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Chick-fil-A has bacon for their sandwiches. Really hard to believe a burger place wouldn't have bacon (never been to In N Out but have heard a lot of people sing their praises.)
    I think chik fil a only kinda recently started having bacon. I think a couple years ago they didn't.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Yea, that's right.
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Blackhawks Buffalo Bills Southern Illinois University Salukis

Naomi Osaka Angelique Kerber Bianca Andreescu

I'd say Raising Canes is kind of in this boat. Solid tenders, the toast is amazing, and decent white castle like crinkle cuts

The lemonade from there is absolutely fire too.
    I tried it for the first time when I was on vacation last year, it was pretty good.

It's honestly a personal preference I think. The Popeyes one is cooked in an open fryer, so it is a lot more crispy, like you would expect normal fried chicken to be. It's also a massive piece of chicken. Chick-fil-A cooks theirs in a pressure fryer, so while it does not have the fried chicken texture, it does retain a lot more of the juice. I think Chick-fil-A is seasoned better and overall better, but Popeyes did a good job with the sandwich and it's definitely at the top as well.

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    its the same reason people were going nuts over the szechuan sauce from McDonalds. some influencer or tv show or something said it was the greatest thing ever and so the mass amount of idiots in this world just had to have it which caused chaos. a person can be smart people are dumb.
    I would say that Popeyes had a fantastic marketing campaign, but there was no way that they anticipated this kind of reaction, which was demonstrated by how quickly they ran out of it.

I tried it for the first time when I was on vacation last year, it was pretty good.
    It's honestly a personal preference I think. The Popeyes one is cooked in an open fryer, so it is a lot more crispy, like you would expect normal fried chicken to be. It's also a massive piece of chicken. Chick-fil-A cooks theirs in a pressure fryer, so while it does not have the fried chicken texture, it does retain a lot more of the juice. I think Chick-fil-A is seasoned better and overall better, but Popeyes did a good job with the sandwich and it's definitely at the top as well.
    Canes is decent and I guess you have to be, as literally all they sell is chicken tenders.

Def. comes down to preference. I think it also depends on the restaruant as well for popeyes as I have had sandwiches that were on par and then I had the instance where I felt like freezer burn or something happened. Just an odd texture that I couldn't quite shake lol.
    Last edited by northsider; 07-28-2020 at 10:33 AM.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast