Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 156

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    19,329

    Worst fast-food restaurant?

    For me, it's Hardee's, or Carl's Jr. for some of you.

    They don't have one signature item on the entire menu. Nothing to make you say, "you know, I could really go for a ____ from Hardee's right now." I eat there, maybe, once every few years, just because I'll forget how much I really dislike it. And it's expensive! If I eat any fast-food, I'm probably going to regret the calories I took in afterward, but I don't want to regret it and be out $15. I'm old enough to remember when Hardee's tried to replicate KFC with the fried chicken, and then Arby's with the roast beef. They finally seem to have settled on an identity. Dry, over-priced burgers. And if you're not feeling that, try their **** Mexican food.
    Chicago CubsChicago BlackhawksBuffalo BillsSouthern Illinois University Salukis

    Naomi OsakaAngelique KerberBianca Andreescu

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Annapolis MD
    Posts
    17,566
    Hardees corporate is near me, but none of their restaurants are convenient for me.

    For me, this is easily McDonalds. For about the past 20 years, I haven't been able to really eat there. The hamburgers disagree with my stomach. I can really only have the sausage biscuit, hashbrowns, fries and the fried chicken. Since just about all places do those items better than McDonalds, it is rare that I eat there.

    I also won't go to Taco Bell. I never ate there much to begin with, and with the amount of great tex-mex places around me (and with a Wawa open 24-7) I never had an occasion to do late-night Taco Bell.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    57,879
    Taco Johns.

    Those potatoe ole's aren't enough to save how horrific everything else is and pales in comparison to the king named Taco Bell.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    19,329
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    Hardees corporate is near me, but none of their restaurants are convenient for me.

    For me, this is easily McDonalds. For about the past 20 years, I haven't been able to really eat there. The hamburgers disagree with my stomach. I can really only have the sausage biscuit, hashbrowns, fries and the fried chicken. Since just about all places do those items better than McDonalds, it is rare that I eat there.

    I also won't go to Taco Bell. I never ate there much to begin with, and with the amount of great tex-mex places around me (and with a Wawa open 24-7) I never had an occasion to do late-night Taco Bell.
    McDonalds has the same effect on me. Within an hour I need to be close to a toilet because I’m about to drop a bomb. I usually feel nauseated and just generally unwell after eating it.

    Man, I wish Wawa would come to the Midwest.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    37,567
    Mcdonalds and Taco Bell are my favorites. Worst for me is Arbys, KFC and Wendys.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    103,401
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    Mcdonalds and Taco Bell are my favorites. Worst for me is Arbys, KFC and Wendys.
    Arby’s is great because of curly fries.

    Wendy’s baconator is the best fast food burger their is.

    KFC famous bowl is a must for me once a week or every couple of weeks.

    The worst for me are Kennedy Fried Chicken here in the east coast and McDonalds as well, I get a taste for the the fries once in a blue and buy a Big Mac or royale with cheese and then regret it.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    52,260
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Arby’s is great because of curly fries.

    Wendy’s baconator is the best fast food burger their is.

    KFC famous bowl is a must for me once a week or every couple of weeks.

    The worst for me are Kennedy Fried Chicken here in the east coast and McDonalds as well, I get a taste for the the fries once in a blue and buy a Big Mac or royale with cheese and then regret it.
    McDonald's fries are legit. Fries and a soda is all I ever get there outside of the very occasional Sausage McMuffin or sausage burrito every few months.

    PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    27,476
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Arby’s is great because of curly fries.

    Wendy’s baconator is the best fast food burger their is.

    KFC famous bowl is a must for me once a week or every couple of weeks.

    The worst for me are Kennedy Fried Chicken here in the east coast and McDonalds as well, I get a taste for the the fries once in a blue and buy a Big Mac or royale with cheese and then regret it.
    Spicy famous bowl is amazing

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Annapolis MD
    Posts
    17,566
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    Mcdonalds and Taco Bell are my favorites. Worst for me is Arbys, KFC and Wendys.
    Arby's roast beef and curly fries are great. There is no need to get anything else, even though they try to push through so many limited time sandwiches.

    KFC I agree with. They don't beat Popeyes in any category for me.

    Wendy's I disagree. I love their spicy chicken, and the burgers are pretty good for the price. Normally I would rather go to a bar or grill and order a burger, or just suck it up and overpay for Five Guys, but I'll take a Wendy's burger in a pinch.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    103,401
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    Arby's roast beef and curly fries are great. There is no need to get anything else, even though they try to push through so many limited time sandwiches.

    KFC I agree with. They don't beat Popeyes in any category for me.

    Wendy's I disagree. I love their spicy chicken, and the burgers are pretty good for the price. Normally I would rather go to a bar or grill and order a burger, or just suck it up and overpay for Five Guys, but I'll take a Wendy's burger in a pinch.
    Five guys is so overrated.

    Wendy’s Baconator beats them.

    But yeah I usually get burgers from bars/grill or specialty burger joints.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    37,567
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    Arby's roast beef and curly fries are great. There is no need to get anything else, even though they try to push through so many limited time sandwiches.

    KFC I agree with. They don't beat Popeyes in any category for me.

    Wendy's I disagree. I love their spicy chicken, and the burgers are pretty good for the price. Normally I would rather go to a bar or grill and order a burger, or just suck it up and overpay for Five Guys, but I'll take a Wendy's burger in a pinch.
    I like Arbys curly fries. I just don't like any of their sandwiches. Every time I hear Arbys I think of this Simpsons clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zl1EBudmol8

    I like the famous bowl from KFC, but overall I think their chicken sucks. I used to be so much better. Popeyes chicken is so much better it's not even close.

    I don't mind Wendys burgers and I like their chili. My problem with them is I hate their fries. I hate Burger Kings fries as well, but I like their onion rings. If Wendys had another option I wouldn't rank them as low probably. I won't go their because of it though.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Central VA
    Posts
    12,799
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    Arby's roast beef and curly fries are great. There is no need to get anything else, even though they try to push through so many limited time sandwiches.

    KFC I agree with. They don't beat Popeyes in any category for me.

    Wendy's I disagree. I love their spicy chicken, and the burgers are pretty good for the price. Normally I would rather go to a bar or grill and order a burger, or just suck it up and overpay for Five Guys, but I'll take a Wendy's burger in a pinch.
    Every time I go to Arbys I decide I'm going to get something different than the usual then I look at the menu, get to the counter and "beef and cheddar combo with curly fries" just comes out, I cant help it... if it aint broke, dont fix it

    As far as the worst, I have to go McDonalds. I know they are the king of fast food, and basically everyone in the industry compares their numbers to McDonalds, but I just dont like their food. I agree with OP Hardees isnt that great either as long as we arent talking about breakfast, I think they have the best breakfast out there.

    As far favorites, Chick-Fil-A, Arbys, Wendys, Bojangles, Popeyes are my faves. I like both CFA and Popeyes sandwiches especially the spicy versions. CFA sauce is the ****. Taco Bell has a bomb strawberry slush, but not a fan of their food. I can get down with some sonic chili cheese tots, cookout isnt horrible but not my favorite. Their cookout trays are on point, you get a main item and 2 sides, which can be a corndog/chicken nuggets/quesadilla ect...
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

    HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

    2019 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    19,329
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    Mcdonalds and Taco Bell are my favorites. Worst for me is Arbys, KFC and Wendys.
    I was with you until Wendy’s. A double, chili cheese fries, and a frosty never did me wrong.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    37,567
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    I was with you until Wendy’s. A double, chili cheese fries, and a frosty never did me wrong.
    I do enjoy their chili, I don't like their fries though. I think they are terrible.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    52,260
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    I do enjoy their chili, I don't like their fries though. I think they are terrible.
    Their fries are def weak. I used to get a JBC and a Frostee when I lived right near a Wendy's about a decade ago.

    PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •