Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Sign didi and JT.

Hold BP tryout for anyone.

Get rid of Segura some how.

Losing faith in Scotty K too but maybe get his guy consistently to play 2B and leave it at that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    all of this plus a number 3 starter...

nola
    wheeler
    ----
    eflin

is a really great but we need that 3 hole filler... Id really like us to finally spend some money over seas as well and bring in a dice k or an inchiro or something like that... we never risk it in that market like the yankees/dodgers etc do.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    all of this plus a number 3 starter...

nola
    wheeler
    ----
    eflin

is a really great but we need that 3 hole filler... Id really like us to finally spend some money over seas as well and bring in a dice k or an inchiro or something like that... we never risk it in that market like the yankees/dodgers etc do.
    I feel like they either sign JT or a SP. one or the other.

Hope is Howard can grow and be that cheap 3 but I understand not banking on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Hope is Howard can grow and be that cheap 3 but I understand not banking on him.

As much blame as Klentak deservedly takes, I blame Middleton more. Middleton said "crazy money", do it. Arrieta and Robertson off the books, read 36M plus some other low level non- entities plus the 25M of displaced money for Didi and JT. That's 60M+, I know raises have to be factored in but you still have money for both Didi and JT; yes you my go over the cap when you add a SP plus BP pieces. This is a big market city with a huge TV contract and a "crazy money" owner. I read they gave a better prospect to the Red Sox in the disastrous trade so the Phillies would not go over the cap. What's this nonsense they couldn't sign anyone during the virus, see Moookie Betts. By the way Klentak and McPhail need to go. Prima facie evidence is shown in the past five seasons, closer look shows how they have destroyed a once adequate farm system. Removing Bohm and Howard, they don't have a decent prospect, maybe Stott (sp). The crown jewel is Little Leaguer Mickey Moniak, four years in the system, my grandson catches that fly ball.

Phillies miss out on the playoffs...but if anything I think next year will be a different story though

The Phillies need a bullpen. That should be #1 priority. The JT Realmuto debacle will haunt them for years. They have an extremely high payroll for such a bad team.

The Phillies should and need to prioritize pitching. As much as I want JT here its just not possible with this payroll.

The worst possible scenario is Klentak stays and Realmuto walk. This may actually happen. So sad.

Klentak is staying, but has stepped down as GM...If we can get JT and Didi resigned this will already be the start of a great offseason. We also need to spend that stupid money in our BP....now...lol

Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    Klentak is staying, but has stepped down as GM...If we can get JT and Didi resigned this will already be the start of a great offseason. We also need to spend that stupid money in our BP....now...lol
    i dont like spending big money ever in the bull pen... its way to hit or miss... just go out and bring in like 3-4 good arms and bring back a few that we already have. Id also try and trade Segura for something.... our bull pen was horrid but next year some of those horrid guys will be much better.

I really want a number 3 starter with eflin our number 4 and howard our number 5... that sends vince to the bull pen as well full time... he could be a perfect 7th or 8th inning guy if he is there full time.

Hire a competent GM from the Rays or Athletics organization that has an eye on talent for pitching. They need to right the ship.

With Arrieta and Robertson off the book I believe the Phillies have 37M to spend.

What do you guys think about Bauer?

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers fan

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    Only reason Klentak is staying is because he has two years left on his contract. Hide him and make him the analytics guy as you furlough the staff he hired. Regarding analytics, notice how the shifts the Rays executed worked, not so for the Phillies.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112