Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Never mind. This team is trash lol
    2011 PSD Phillies Forum HOF Inductee

Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

Wow. This is sad...unbelievable how bad this bullpen is.

Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

Quote Originally Posted by philsphan123 View Post
    Wow. This is sad...unbelievable how bad this bullpen is.
    get rid of everyone not named wheeler/nola/harper/realmuto/bohm. Rest of team is trash.

harper just cost himself an inside the park home run : (

Man this team sucks. Howard stumbling again. Offense wasting opportunities. So frustrating.

Disappointed but it was a weird season, let's watch the young players.

I really miss the minors, it didn't matter how bad the Phils were, watching the prospects and following them was a relief indeed.

I like Girardi's lineups.

He is smart about it, I see a lot of positives regarding the team.

I'm starting to fear we trade JT if season goes to hell BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by papirico52 View Post
    Disappointed but it was a weird season, let's watch the young players.

I really miss the minors, it didn't matter how bad the Phils were, watching the prospects and following them was a relief indeed.
    I want so badly to give up on this season, but when the Marlins are first in the division and the Braves lost their top pitcher and have looked kinda weak....man...just enough to keep me peaking from around the corner. lol

Don't get me wrong, I'll always watch it, just with tempered passion lol.

I hope Wheeler pulls an Eshelman.

Broms....

they have no choice but to sign JT... harper has come out like 10 times now and said we need him

Yeah. Klentek screwed up not signing him earlier in the summer

Phillies not re-signing JT and Sixto going on to be a Top pitcher will be the Philliest thing.

I know the Phillies prospects traded away are never really amazing afterwards (especially pitchers) but man JT needs to sign and Sixto needs to not pan out.

Phillies should draft a college pitcher every so often and then just bats. Not like they can draft any position anyway but their luck with bats is usually better. Use that capitol for trading for pitchers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

The thing with J.T. is that he is going to be 30 this year (old for catchers), I would be hesitant to give a huge deal to a 30 yo catcher, now J.T. seems like a stud, plus he is looking for something like 125 mill in 5 years; I would go 100 x 4 years tops.

He seems to be handling the pitching staff well, everybody loves him, I think trading him before the deadline is out of the question because of the weird season, nobody wants to deal prospects and we don't even know how good are thos prospects playing.

If we let him walk we are gonna need a good catcher plus a sollid power bat in free agency, Robertson (11 mill), Didi (14 mill) Segura (14.85 mill), Arrieta (20 mill) off the books should give us some wiggle room. That's almost 60 million coming off the books.

I'm either happy with him staying and if he walks we need a power bat from free agency and a solid defensive catcher.
    Last edited by papirico52; 08-17-2020 at 04:30 PM.

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers fan

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

Quote Originally Posted by papirico52 View Post
    The thing with J.T. is that he is going to be 30 this year (old for catchers), I would be hesitant to give a huge deal to a 30 yo catcher, now J.T. seems like a stud, plus he is looking for something like 125 mill in 5 years; I would go 100 x 4 years tops.

He seems to be handling the pitching staff well, everybody loves him, I think trading him before the deadline is out of the question because of the weird season, nobody wants to deal prospects and we don't even know how good are thos prospects playing.

If we let him walk we are gonna need a good catcher plus a sollid power bat in free agency, Robertson (11 mill), Didi (14 mill) Segura (14.85 mill), Arrieta (20 mill) off the books should give us some wiggle room. That's almost 60 million coming off the books.

I'm either happy with him staying and if he walks we need a power bat from free agency and a solid defensive catcher.
    we could always just move him to first and bring up our top catching prospect no? hoskins probably should be traded asap if he heats up... no point in going further with him..

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast