Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Who is the G.O.A.T at their absolute peak?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kobe Bryant

    0 0%
  • Kevin Durant

    2 22.22%
  • Dwyane Wade

    1 11.11%
  • Stephen Curry

    1 11.11%
  • Kawhi Leonard

    3 33.33%
  • Giannis Antetokounmpo

    0 0%
  • Kevin Garnett

    1 11.11%
  • Julius Erving

    0 0%
  • Bill Walton

    0 0%
  • Oscar Robertson

    0 0%
  • Elgin Baylor

    0 0%
  • Jerry West

    0 0%
  • Charles Barkley

    0 0%
  • Dirk Nowitzki

    0 0%
  • Karl Malone

    0 0%
  • David Robinson

    0 0%
  • James Harden

    0 0%
  • Isiah Thomas

    0 0%
  • Scottie Pippen

    0 0%
  • Rick Barry

    1 11.11%
  • John Havlicek

    0 0%
  • Tracy McGrady

    0 0%
  • Allen Iverson

    0 0%
  • Steve Nash

    0 0%
  • Chris Paul

    0 0%
  • John Stockton

    0 0%
  • Patrick Ewing

    0 0%
  • Willis Reed

    0 0%
  • Russell Westbrook

    0 0%
  • Clyde Drexler

    0 0%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 88
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    47,071
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Cool. All I know is Durant is Durant no matter the cast and without knowing who else is on “my team”, I want the guy that flourishes no matter the situation. I’m not sure if Curry would be Curry with <insert random coach here> and <insert random players here>. I know Durant will blend better than about a dozen other guys at this point.

    But you do you.
    Yeah the KD without stars thing doesn't flourish either so what do u even mean? I'll take the guy who when both were on the same team, was more important and a bigger focus of opposing defenses. When both were on different teams, he outplayed him and beat his team. The guy who embodies what the game is about today.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    7,391
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Yeah the KD without stars thing doesn't flourish either so what do u even mean? I'll take the guy who when both were on the same team, was more important and a bigger focus of opposing defenses. When both were on different teams, he outplayed him and beat his team. The guy who embodies what the game is about today.
    Meet you on the virtual court then. I guess.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    10
    Where is Luka Magic??

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    31,515
    I'm way behind on voting in these, but I'm picking Durant again. Given how strong his peak is, I'm a little surprised to see Kawhi ahead of him. Leonard is a phenomenal two-way player with a legit postseason resume, but I don't think he's on Durant's level offensively.


  5. #50
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    10,886
    lmao who the **** voted Moses tenth. This list is mostly really, really bad. Gonna have to sit this out.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    3,937
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonjorge View Post
    Rookie coach who never coached a NBA basketball game. Klay Thompson who had zero NBA awards. Draymond Green who never started a NBA game. Yet this is the team Curry had when the “2nd greatest peak player of all time” joined a 2014 MVP candidate and the 2014 all star MVP going into 2015. Yet Curry won a championship.

    Basically Curry is beating every player ever not named Jordan with a rookie coach.
    Curry won with a rookie coach, a second stringer and a splash brother. Curry defeated “peak”.

    Now KD was clearly the best player on that same Warriors team. KD was at the very top of league let alone the Warriors. So does that make his “peak” better then Curry? Even tho Curry was the best player on the floor when they actually matched up against each other.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    47,071
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Meet you on the virtual court then. I guess.
    Does kd have zero all stars like curry does in this, cuz we've already seen curry do better on several kinds of teams. Cuz come playoffs, Kd ain't kd without curry and Kerr or some kind of mvp next to him. Easy money lol

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    47,071
    Quote Originally Posted by VCaintdead17 View Post
    lmao who the **** voted Moses tenth. This list is mostly really, really bad. Gonna have to sit this out.
    Its peak. N we did that not knowing it was solely about today's game

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    7,391
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Does kd have zero all stars like curry does in this, cuz we've already seen curry do better on several kinds of teams. Cuz come playoffs, Kd ain't kd without curry and Kerr or some kind of mvp next to him. Easy money lol
    Curry was never better than KD before Kerr came along. But your anti-Durant bias is showing so I’ll just let it go.



    Still put me down for Durant, tho

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    27,701
    Quote Originally Posted by VCaintdead17 View Post
    lmao who the **** voted Moses tenth. This list is mostly really, really bad. Gonna have to sit this out.
    In his peak season he made all-defensive 1st team and won league MVP. Then his team marched through the playoffs 12-1. They SWEPT the defending champion Lakers (Magic-Kareem-Wilkes-Cooper-Nixon) he won finals MVP. Genuinely curious how you could laugh at that player going 10th all-time?


    Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    113,039
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Does kd have zero all stars like curry does in this, cuz we've already seen curry do better on several kinds of teams. Cuz come playoffs, Kd ain't kd without curry and Kerr or some kind of mvp next to him. Easy money lol
    you are better then this... you spew your facts and **** but ignore those statistical facts with KD... you like others and this is shocking because its you.... people put way to much stock in rings... I dont care if KD won 1 or 10... won 10 with curry or 1 by himself... its the same stupid **** lebron has dealt with forever and the same stupid **** that furthers people like kobe but then gets ignored when discussing stockton/malone/iverson and so very many others....

    ITS A ****ING TEAM SPORT... Why has tmac never made it or cp3???? go look at their playoff performances while they lost... I will wait. Go look at tmacs stats and tell me he deserved to lose? or cp3... stop with the hypocritical ******** because it only continues to show the bias and stupidity and that goes for any idiot on this board that continues to down play durant because he went to the warriors but then has 0 issues with the super teams that magic/bird and so very many others played with... everyone speaks about okc and the help durant had but westy has done what now and got traded and couldnt do anything even with pg13? maybe just maybe we should stop picking and choosing our arguments and get the bias out of the way and look at the body of work we judge others on......

    is durant a *****... yup... is he incredible... your damn right. Was he the best player on all of those warriors teams? your damn right... Yet we sit here and say not a damn thing about klay/dray/curry who begged this man to save them from big bad lebron when the cavs figured the warriors out... if you are gonna spew this dumb crap then you must think the logo is the goat right? or that pippen is a top 15 player ever because jordan couldnt do **** without him right? or that lebron is the goat for beating a big 3 dynasty and forced the arguable 2nd best player in the world in curry and 2 other top 15 players to beg a top 3 player in the world to come help them stop the best player in the world.....

    so what is it exactly here?

    is lebron so great that 4 top 15 players needed to team up just to stop him?

    is curry/klay/dray so sad they needed a top 3 player in the world because they were figured out?

    is durant a product of the warriors or is durant the savior of the 73 win team the warriors?

    Why would curry/klay/dray need to take this man out to dinner and say he can have the mvps etc?

    why do we ignore the teams that magic was on or bird was on but then **** on the tmacs/cp3 who never had anything close to those all time greats?


    oh my bad its lets pick and choose our arguments because we hate the current guy day
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 07-29-2020 at 07:50 AM.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    113,039
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Curry was never better than KD before Kerr came along. But your anti-Durant bias is showing so I’ll just let it go.



    Still put me down for Durant, tho
    no dont let it go... its ****ing stupid and annoying... the hate for durant has become laughable and hypocritical and sad and the people that are doing it are those that constantly play 2 ends to the middle and cant put their stupid bias aside.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    10,886
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    In his peak season he made all-defensive 1st team and won league MVP. Then his team marched through the playoffs 12-1. They SWEPT the defending champion Lakers (Magic-Kareem-Wilkes-Cooper-Nixon) he won finals MVP. Genuinely curious how you could laugh at that player going 10th all-time?
    Because he's not a peak guy. This is just a fundamental misunderstanding of his career. Sure, he had the herculean task of winning a title with 4 other all stars on his team. His all defense is also super contextualized to the time period, he had an all time great help defendere in Bobby Jones, which allowed him to paint dwell. Your point also assumes all MVPs are created equal, which isn't the case at all. If you want to just list out accolades without context to determine peaks that's fine, but not something I'm interested in personally. His peak just isn't super strong. The one game framing is also super weird, but even with that in mind no way am I choosing literally one of the worst passing all time big men tenth.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    27,701
    Quote Originally Posted by VCaintdead17 View Post
    Because he's not a peak guy. This is just a fundamental misunderstanding of his career. Sure, he had the herculean task of winning a title with 4 other all stars on his team.
    I'll keep saying it every time. Just because someone played on a great team does not diminish their greatness. If we put rookie Michael Jordan on the Warriors with Curry-Klay-Draymond-KD then does that mean MJ wouldn't have been the GOAT? Serious question.

    His all defense is also super contextualized to the time period, he had an all time great help defendere in Bobby Jones, which allowed him to paint dwell.
    Doesn't having a rim protector also help good perimeter defenders?

    Your point also assumes all MVPs are created equal, which isn't the case at all.
    He led the league in PER and win shares and was the best player on the best team. He was their top scorer, rebounder, and rim protector. What was he missing? What he didn't he do that you wanted him to do to earn it as much as others?

    If you want to just list out accolades without context to determine peaks that's fine, but not something I'm interested in personally. His peak just isn't super strong. The one game framing is also super weird, but even with that in mind no way am I choosing literally one of the worst passing all time big men tenth.
    I'd be very interested to hear who you would have put at #10. Bill Russell and D-Wade were the next two in votes at the time. I would take Moses over both of them to win 1 game.
    Last edited by KnicksorBust; 07-29-2020 at 01:49 PM.


    Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    GMT +2
    Posts
    13,851
    Quote Originally Posted by VCaintdead17 View Post
    Because he's not a peak guy. This is just a fundamental misunderstanding of his career. Sure, he had the herculean task of winning a title with 4 other all stars on his team. His all defense is also super contextualized to the time period, he had an all time great help defendere in Bobby Jones, which allowed him to paint dwell. Your point also assumes all MVPs are created equal, which isn't the case at all. If you want to just list out accolades without context to determine peaks that's fine, but not something I'm interested in personally. His peak just isn't super strong. The one game framing is also super weird, but even with that in mind no way am I choosing literally one of the worst passing all time big men tenth.
    Wonder what you have to say about Lebron at #2.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •