Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who is the G.O.A.T at their absolute peak?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kobe Bryant

0 0%
  • Kevin Durant

2 22.22%
  • Dwyane Wade

1 11.11%
  • Stephen Curry

1 11.11%
  • Kawhi Leonard

3 33.33%
  • Giannis Antetokounmpo

0 0%
  • Kevin Garnett

1 11.11%
  • Julius Erving

0 0%
  • Bill Walton

0 0%
  • Oscar Robertson

0 0%
  • Elgin Baylor

0 0%
  • Jerry West

0 0%
  • Charles Barkley

0 0%
  • Dirk Nowitzki

0 0%
  • Karl Malone

0 0%
  • David Robinson

0 0%
  • James Harden

0 0%
  • Isiah Thomas

0 0%
  • Scottie Pippen

0 0%
  • Rick Barry

1 11.11%
  • John Havlicek

0 0%
  • Tracy McGrady

0 0%
  • Allen Iverson

0 0%
  • Steve Nash

0 0%
  • Chris Paul

0 0%
  • John Stockton

0 0%
  • Patrick Ewing

0 0%
  • Willis Reed

0 0%
  • Russell Westbrook

0 0%
  • Clyde Drexler

0 0%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    Should be a question between Baylor, Erving, Walton, Tmac and Barkley... Yet everyone focuses on the past 5 seasons lol
    The more i think about how the game is played today, I wonder if we went too heavy on bigs early. Hes asking us to build a team for today

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    Wings:
    Kobe = resume
    Curry = captain of the greatest regular season team
    Durant = Finals dominator
    Kawhi = best 2 player / finals mvp
    Giannis = best "stats" regular season player.

I'm torn on the wings. How do you guys rank them?

I can't vote for Giannis but the other 4 are all deserving here. I almost feel like because Russell went at #11 that Bill Walton should go at #12.

Plus when do the gaggle of PF (KG/Dirk/Barkley/Malone) all go and do they go as a package deal or is there separation in between them? Thoughts?

Then you have Big O / West / Baylor that dominated their eras and Big O and West could shoot so I'm not really that concerned about if their games would translate. Soooo... I've narrowed it down to those 12 guys. lmao
    Gimme Kawhi then. I think his apex was his last year with the Spurs before the Zaza incident, he was the rightful MVP of the league and was putting a scare into GS before that. T-Dot sealed that level of play and hes been a true 2-way monster for the Clips. I'd take any of these over your swings

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Gimme Kawhi then. I think his apex was his last year with the Spurs before the Zaza incident, he was the rightful MVP of the league and was putting a scare into GS before that. T-Dot sealed that level of play and hes been a true 2-way monster for the Clips. I'd take any of these over your swings
    Shockingly I think I agree with this. Why wouldn't you want Kawhi? He gives you everything and takes away nothing.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

officially casting my vote for kl

Kristaps Porzingis

Should be a question between Baylor, Erving, Walton, Tmac and Barkley... Yet everyone focuses on the past 5 seasons lol
    Never saw Baylor or Erving. Iíve seen some full games of Walton on tape and feel like it is possible he should be gone already. As for T-Mac and Chuck I just think KL and prime Dirk were better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

I'm confused why you would include Baylor and T-Mac over Oscar?
    It's peak. Oscar was great but what was great about him was consistency. You really don't seem to grasp the idea of PEAK, given that you started all this, do you?

The only recent player that should get a shout is Durant. But not this high.

You can't have a GOAT rankings without:
    Wilt & Lebron

It's peak. Oscar was great but what was great about him was consistency. You really don't seem to grasp the idea of PEAK, given that you started all this, do you?

The only recent player that should get a shout is Durant. But not this high.

Played in the same era. Oscar won an MVP. All-around dominant and has stats that clearly show he would be able to translate to the modern game... I know you are older than most people on here but were you old enough to actually watch them play? Everything I have read has Oscar rated as the better player.

Kristaps Porzingis

In this thread, yes the purpose is to pretend you are drafting a team to play one game. Career accolades and injury concerns should be thrown out the window. At their absolute best which player would you want to draft based on their skills. You don't get to magically give Booker a 70 point game when he is going to be playing in an all-time game with legends. He wouldn't be able to do that against elite competition and that's why no one would even consider him here. It's not who had the best box score, it is who is the best player.
    This was pretty much my exact response to his post. Jeez, this isnít retroactive.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Because hes not gonna have Curry to attract all the attention and in a situation where he must win or be the go to playmaker consistently, he crumbles. Its why when both were on the same team, only 1 player made the monumental difference. KD sits, team plays winning/efficient basketball, Curry sits, team falls off a cliff. Thats been the consistent trend.

In their last year together, when KD got tired of running the free flowing and highjacked it to get his own more often, the team suffered. KD gets hurt, the team goes back to running the team offense with an old Iggy as his replacement and they finish off the Rockets/Blazers with ease to make it back to the Finals and even steal 2 games once there.

If Curry were the one who had gotten hurt, we might've seen the Rockets or Blazers in the Finals and they definitely get swept vs the Raps.
    Is Curry going to be guaranteed to have Kerr coaching and Klay/Dray/AI playing perfectly to his strengths? Curry is right around the corner but Durant is going to be Durant any and everywhere he goes.

Wings:
    Kobe = resume
    Curry = captain of the greatest regular season team
    Durant = Finals dominator
    Kawhi = best 2 player / finals mvp
    Giannis = best "stats" regular season player.

I'm torn on the wings. How do you guys rank them?

I can't vote for Giannis but the other 4 are all deserving here. I almost feel like because Russell went at #11 that Bill Walton should go at #12.

Plus when do the gaggle of PF (KG/Dirk/Barkley/Malone) all go and do they go as a package deal or is there separation in between them? Thoughts?

Then you have Big O / West / Baylor that dominated their eras and Big O and West could shoot so I'm not really that concerned about if their games would translate. Soooo... I've narrowed it down to those 12 guys. lmao
    man its close... id go

durant
    KL
    Giannis
    kobe
    curry

durant is the easy choice here but haters hate

mix and match after the first 2 any way youd like and i wont argue... hell i wouldnt argue against curry being top 2 here tbh.. there just isnt a wrong choice with these 5 guys

Played in the same era. Oscar won an MVP. All-around dominant and has stats that clearly show he would be able to translate to the modern game... I know you are older than most people on here but were you old enough to actually watch them play? Everything I have read has Oscar rated as the better player.
    Oscar Robertson claims that Elgin Baylor is the greatest ever.
    Just saying.

Oscar Robertson claims that Elgin Baylor is the greatest ever.
    Just saying.
    Then I don't trust his judgment and his opinion is invalid on this matter.

Kristaps Porzingis

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    This was pretty much my exact response to his post. Jeez, this isnít retroactive.
    Bingo

Kristaps Porzingis

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    man its close... id go

durant
    KL
    Giannis
    kobe
    curry

durant is the easy choice here but haters hate

mix and match after the first 2 any way youd like and i wont argue... hell i wouldnt argue against curry being top 2 here tbh.. there just isnt a wrong choice with these 5 guys
    Giannis without the playoff resume over Kobe and Curry??

Kristaps Porzingis

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast