Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Replace your 2nd best all time player for your franchise with PEwing,are you content

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 33.33%
  • No

4 66.67%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Replace your 2nd best all time player for your franchise with Patrick Ewing, are you.

Replace your 2nd best all time player for your franchise with Patrick Ewing as your franchise would your franchise be content with him as your 2nd best top franchise player?

Note: If you are the Lakers and Celtics this doesn't apply.

But if you are teams like the Bulls, Spurs, Pistons, Sixers, etc would you be content with Patrick Ewing as your 2nd best Franchise Player?
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

Not even the Twolves would be happy with that. Sacramento Kings maybe?

Patrick Ewing is the best player in George Town Hoya history. Iverson, Morning and Mutombo all played for the Hoyas.

It depends on what kind of team is around him. Does he fit? I'll assume Ewing is replacing the franchise's second-best player at the time he started with the team.
    Damian Lillard is Portland's second-best player ever after Clyde Drexler. I wish it was LaMarcus Aldridge so I could replace him, but it's Lillard.
    Ewing and Aldridge are one of the most talented front courts around, but they'd clog the lane. And the Blazers wouldn't have a point guard unless Batum goes full point forward. I'll wager they're not ultimately better.

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    It depends on what kind of team is around him. Does he fit? I'll assume Ewing is replacing the franchise's second-best player at the time he started with the team.
    Damian Lillard is Portland's second-best player ever after Clyde Drexler. I wish it was LaMarcus Aldridge so I could replace him, but it's Lillard.
    Ewing and Aldridge are one of the most talented front courts around, but they'd clog the lane. And the Blazers wouldn't have a point guard unless Batum goes full point forward. I'll wager they're not ultimately better.
    Both are excellent mid range shooters and Ewing defended pick and roll and gave help on the perimeter as good or better then any rim protecting big of his time. Those two aren’t a prefect fit bc you’d have to play at a little slower pace but they fit well enough where you could definitely contend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

I love Ewing. He's my favorite player of all-time and that is why it pains me to say that:

MJ-Pippen > MJ-Ewing
    Duncan-Drob > Duncan-Ewing
    Moses/Dr.J > Moses-Ewing (That one is just redundant)

The problem is that he never had that #2 himself. Starks? Oakley? These are great role players but unfortunately not enough to help him beat MJ or Hakeem.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Replace your 2nd best all time player for your franchise with Patrick Ewing, are you.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    I love Ewing. He's my favorite player of all-time and that is why it pains me to say that:

MJ-Pippen > MJ-Ewing

The problem is that he never had that #2 himself. Starks? Oakley? These are great role players but unfortunately not enough to help him beat MJ or Hakeem.
    He was about 1000 times better then Scottie so fit wouldn’t matter. He was also better then DRob and athletic enough to play next to Timmy in his athletic prime

MJ-Pippen > MJ-Ewing

I think it's a rather interesting look there that you posted, and I think that if you went through a lot of franchises you could make the argument that the second best player in franchise history is a center.

Take like the Heat, Wade is their Franchise GOAT. But is the #2 Mourning? Shaq? Hardaway? I'm not sure Ewing (even though I love him) is an upgrade.

I think an interesting one to think of is Dallas. Dirk is the Franchise GOAT. #2? Nash? Merion? Is it Luka already? Ewing would be interesting to slide in there.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I think it's a rather interesting look there that you posted, and I think that if you went through a lot of franchises you could make the argument that the second best player in franchise history is a center.

Take like the Heat, Wade is their Franchise GOAT. But is the #2 Mourning? Shaq? Hardaway? I'm not sure Ewing (even though I love him) is an upgrade.

I think an interesting one to think of is Dallas. Dirk is the Franchise GOAT. #2? Nash? Merion? Is it Luka already? Ewing would be interesting to slide in there.
    He dominated both Hardaway and Morning in there primes. Unless you think old Shaq was better he is clearly an upgrade

Even though he was only there 4 years, lebron took them to 4 finals and won 2 rings. I'm okay with Wade being considered the franchise #1 because of longevity. I'm not s heat fan personally, but lebron would be right up there for me and I don't think I'd trade lebrons 4 years for ewing career.

As a Bucks fan though, it's sort of a complex question. Kareem is probably the franchise GOAT and brought the Bucks our only ring. But giannis isn't far behind, especially if he signs long term with the bucks and wins a ring. So I don't think I'd trade either of those two for ewing's career, even though Kareem's time in milwuakee was relatively short.

Perhaps if giannis doesn't get to the finals and leaves milwaukee, then there's maybe an argument that a full career ewing would have been better, but giannis already has won an mvp and seems at least somewhat likely to win a 2nd this year. Assuming he makes the all defensive team this year, which seems fairly likely, he'll tie ewing's total all defensive teams already. If he makes all nba this year, which is a virtual lock, hell be 3 behind ewing. Assuming he stays healthy next year, I'd assume he'd get another all nba nod for one of the teams. So there's a decent arguement that even if giannis leaves after next year without a ring, that his shorter career in milwuakee is already more accomplished than ewing.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Not even the Twolves would be happy with that. Sacramento Kings maybe?
    What? I would.

Kg and who if not Ewing?

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post

Luka has so much left to prove in his career but he's basically averaging a 30point triple double at age 20. It's a pretty safe bet if he stays healthy he will be better than my boy. Crazy to say. Giannis and Luka are special and are the new LeBron/KD.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Hakeem/Moses > Hakeem/Ewing

Also, if Ewing was a Rocket at the same time as Hakeem, I have no clue how that would play out offensively. Maybe Hakeem would have played more PF? And if you take Moses off the 70s-80s Rockets teams and replaced him with just any center, they would have been atrocious over that 5-6 year stretch.

You could make a case for Harden over Moses at this point in terms of his importance to the Rockets, but I'd still probably take Harden over Ewing because Ewing wouldn't have made sense on the Rockets in the 90s. And if we throw out the impact on their on-court performance in this scenario and just talk all-time/peak resumes, there's still a case to be made that peak Harden is better than peak Ewing.

I think I'd probably rather have all three guys over Ewing, gun to my head. But Ewing would still be the clear No. 4 guy over Yao, T-Mac, Murphy, Drexler, etc.

MJ-Pippen > MJ-Ewing

You know what an interesting debate would be? If you could only have two of the top three Knicks of all time (Frazier, Reed and Ewing) and the third guy had to go, who would be the odd man out? Ewing may have arguably been the best overall player of the three, but wouldn't he be the obvious cut? The Knicks still would have been decent without one of those guys in the 60s/70s, but they don't win the two rings without both guys.

Maybe that means that the Knicks would be irrelevant for the past 45 years, but wouldn't you take two rings and 45 years of mediocrity for an entire franchise history of occasionally being really good?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast