Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    It's cute the Tigers think they can win this game.

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    It's cute the Tigers think they can win this game.
    Thought***

haha all down hill once Miggy was thrown out at home

Quote Originally Posted by tigers.6 View Post
    Thought***

haha all down hill once Miggy was thrown out at home
    I saw that and wanted to get upset at Miggy for the dumb decision to go home but in a sea of dumb decisions regarding this team I let that one go.

Which is fair but what are they getting from just sitting around at training sites? They are getting no play or experience (outside of maybe scrimmages between site players from what I understand), at the very least in this truncated season they'd get some big league exposure to build upon heading on to (hopefully) a full regular season next year. Best case scenario they clinch a spot this year and you go into next year with less holes. I get the argument for not burning service time in a lost season but eventually you have to do something with them and I don't see the value in sitting around at the alternate site getting bare minimum training all year.
    service time over experience Trumps all

I'm going to start up a petition to change the name of the Indians to Daddys when they play Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    service time over experience Trumps all

Or does it?!!!

Tigers general manager Al Avila announced that the club will call up top prospects Casey Mize and Tarik Skubal to make their major league debuts this week against the White Sox.
    The club is also calling up prospect shortstop Isaac Paredes. Skubal is slated to pitch on Tuesday while Mize will go on Wednesday. Mize, who holds a 2.71 ERA, 0.967 WHIP and 120/26 K/BB ratio over 123 minor league innings, will understandably get most of the attention here. He's a must-grab where he's still available in fantasy leagues. However, don't overlook Skubal. The 23-year-old southpaw had a 2.42 ERA and 179/37 K/BB ratio over 122 2/3 innings between High-A and Double-A last year and entered 2020 as a top-50 prospect according to Baseball America and MLB Pipeline. The Tigers sit at 9-10 on the year and have a legitimate shot at sneaking into a Wild Card spot with the expanded playoff structure. These prospects could make things interesting as far as that is concerned. Fun times in Detroit.
    Parades up too with Lugo getting DFA'd. Nice trade piece from Arizona, Al.

via rotoworld

2nd big league at bat for Paredes and he knocks in 2.

9-51

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    9-51
    Don't rock the boat for Rocker?

ehhhh, seems like it wasn't the greatest debut for Skubal

it's 1 game. GOtta give him some time. His fastball didn't seem to have much movement so it seemed to get hit when they knew it was coming. Also, Tim Anderson can go f himself. My god he's good.

For sure, not saying that it's over already but definitely not the start we would have liked to see haha. Let's hope Mize has a little bit better of a game and Anderson cools off.

He also got victimized by bloop ******** hits too. That evens out over the course of a season imo. But yeah I'd agree definitely disappointed based on my hopes/expectations but not worried.

Mize pitched well enough. I'm happy with what I saw. Don't give a **** what happens the rest of the game haha.

Mize pitched well enough. I'm happy with what I saw. Don't give a **** what happens the rest of the game haha.
    we know what happens at the end of games lol

I love having a lefty who tops 100 out of the pen, but if that's his only pitch and there's no deception to it... well... that's what happens

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast