Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Also, Jacoby Jones is awesome. Inside the park homer (thanks in large part to a CF misplay but semantics!)!

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Also, Jacoby Jones is awesome. Inside the park homer (thanks in large part to a CF misplay but semantics!)!
    early season MVP

or is this mid season?

it'll end soon anyway, so he's just MVP

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    early season MVP

or is this mid season?

it'll end soon anyway, so he's just MVP
    Forever MVP!

You know who isn't MVP? Matt Boyd.

Forever MVP!

You know who isn't MVP? Matt Boyd.
    speaking of Boyd, and the "we should've traded him when we had the chance" topic, we should trade Jacoby, right?

his value is high, he can't sustain it, and our GM doesn't know how trades work.

what do we do?

speaking of Boyd, and the "we should've traded him when we had the chance" topic, we should trade Jacoby, right?

his value is high, he can't sustain it, and our GM doesn't know how trades work.

what do we do?
    Release him.

what do we do?
    Fire Al Avila

what do we do?
    make Mize GM so he can call himself and the other 22-23 year old pitchers up

18 straight Ls to Cleveland

Avila isn't calling any of the young guys up anytime soon it sounds like. From the Detroit Free Press:

"Our whole thing was, we need to get him more work," Avila said. "Last year, he had a really good year, but we had to shut him down early ... more as a precaution than anything.

"We felt this year, obviously we had a shortened spring training. Summer camp was not the greatest way to prepare for a season, either. Our main thing with Casey, and really a lot of our young pitchers, is we want to get them more time to build up pitch count, build up innings, work on their repertoire and not just throw them in the firs in a shortened season."

"For us, we want to err on the side of caution," Avila said.
    And with that, it sounds like you can cancel those hopes of Mize pitching at Comerica Park this season. Or Manning. Or Skubal. Or Faedo.

I too look forward to seeing Boyd and Nova serve up runs left and right for the rest of the year.

Nova to the IL and Cron having season ending knee surgery according to twitter.

If only the Tigers had a high end SP and 1B prospect to call up

Nova to the IL and Cron having season ending knee surgery according to twitter.

If only the Tigers had a high end SP and 1B prospect to call up
    Naaaahhh, Torkelson plays 3B.....

I don't have a problem with suppressing the young guys

we suck, we know we suck, we had a weird start, but that doesn't mean we don't still suck.

I don't have a problem with suppressing the young guys

we suck, we know we suck, we had a weird start, but that doesn't mean we don't still suck.
    Which is fair but what are they getting from just sitting around at training sites? They are getting no play or experience (outside of maybe scrimmages between site players from what I understand), at the very least in this truncated season they'd get some big league exposure to build upon heading on to (hopefully) a full regular season next year. Best case scenario they clinch a spot this year and you go into next year with less holes. I get the argument for not burning service time in a lost season but eventually you have to do something with them and I don't see the value in sitting around at the alternate site getting bare minimum training all year.

Which is fair but what are they getting from just sitting around at training sites? They are getting no play or experience (outside of maybe scrimmages between site players from what I understand), at the very least in this truncated season they'd get some big league exposure to build upon heading on to (hopefully) a full regular season next year. Best case scenario they clinch a spot this year and you go into next year with less holes. I get the argument for not burning service time in a lost season but eventually you have to do something with them and I don't see the value in sitting around at the alternate site getting bare minimum training all year.
    Yea, the fact that they are down there and not really getting game experience is what is concerning. I feel like playing your first few games in the big leagues without fans in attendance is a lot more comforting than a sold out ball park. They'd lose service time but I'm willing to give that up to see what these young guys have to offer.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast